• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Thursday is tough for me, I'll see if I can make it.

I think I'm gonna do laundry right now, if you guys are still playing later I might join in.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Do you want to join us after the exam, Alex? Eric and Jon are unsure, but it seems to work for everyone else.

Otherwise, I could do Wed or Fri 130 or later. Let me know, gentlemen.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
nah i dont think thursday will work but its cool i think ill just sit out this week, if i do end up showin thursday ill call some1

brickman

Smash Lord
You still can, I just don't think a couple of people will show up, no big deal I suppose.

It is not canceled or anything like that.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Alright, let's do Thursday so I don't have to make an extra trip to campus. 7:30 (or earlier if you guys want) at Weston--someone bring a cube.

I doubt we need an extra TV, I think we'll only have about 5 people.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
There is a one-time fee of $50 that gets you access to all the smashfests. You can make a check payable to Andrew O'Brien.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
uh i would consider bringing an extra tv... i might show up after my exam ive decided... gotta get my shizziek goin...

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Henrik, could you give one of us a call before you head over and see if we want you to bring a setup?

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Where exactly IS the smashfest? I told my parents about it, but they said they needed to know if it was a town or hotel or something.This is the last question I'll ask -_-

EDIT: I'm probably coming tomorrow if anyone responds soon.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
...your parents? Do you not live in Champaign/Urbana? This is not really the kind of thing you would travel for. It's just a few of us getting together each weekend at a dorm lounge.

I think you should look for some people who live near you.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I'm 13, and I live in Elk Grove. There's only one person near me, and we probably won't get to play much at all. (due to my parents being overprotective...) I just looked in the Illinois thread for SOMETHING which lead me to this.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Well, you're gonna feel out of place, unless you're used to hanging out with 20-year-olds. My brother turns 13 soon, and I can't imagine dropping him off to hang out with college folks, especially if it's 3 hours away. It's a huge commitment for your poor parents and it doesn't seem like it'll work out all that well.

It's not easy to get onto the scene when you're a youngster. I recommend trying to recruit some of your friends from school.

slomo431

Smash Ace
I'm still coming tomorrow, I just might be late since I plan to watch the Iowa/Illinois football game on tv. I'll probably get there at least by 2.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Even though Illinites is a team tourney, I really wanna get some 1v1 practice before MSOP. I hope to at least win 1 game that day. Not a match or set mind you, I'm not getting my hopes up, just a game. And yes, that means I am going. Just don't get mad if I crash into a ditch or a semi later that night.

Edit:
Who are the drivers and how many people are looking to come?

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
I want to go to MSOP and I agree we should get some singles practice in before then. I think the stuff on Tuesday at Eric's place should be primarily singles to that end. And yeah, I think I'll be there Brickman.

Top Bottom