• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Wednesday when? I think I can come around 130.

...and I might be able to drive, depending on whether I get certain car issues resolved this week.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Actually, I won't be coming to practice this week. See you guys Friday night!

brickman

Smash Lord
About that...

So no one has gotten back to me from the Illinites committee, and they don't have it advertised on their website, so I'm thinking they aren't going to do it. I sent them a couple of emails today trying to find out more, but unfortunately still no response.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Ahh, Wed. afternoon isn't good for me anymore. I had to drop another class so I picked up a bowling class to keep myself a full time student. Pretty much all afternoons but Tuesdays and Fridays are bad for me now.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I have too many classes on Wednesday to come.

And we need to get on those Illinites people's *****. (we can't say ass? what the **** (wait so the singular is fine but the plural is not? WHYYYYYYYYY!?))

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Emails are easy to ignore. Give 'em a call if there's actually anyone TO call about that.

That's not really so bad if we don't have a tourney this Friday night. I mean, two tourneys in one weekend?

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
btw, i made the flyer stuff a while ago, i just never brought it

i'll bring it wed and tell me what u think

i made two just in case u didn't like the first one : )
or we could use both

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
ass?

Aha! Jon, it didn't censor *** for you because you had a question mark on it. *** ass?
****? ****? ...doesn't seem to work for certain other words.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
real post

Alright, so Dave O was trying to coordinate rides to MSOP via email, but I think this would be better (does Dave have a smashboards account??). Jon, maybe you could keep a little tally in the first post? And while you're at it, the rest of the stuff in the first post is out of date.

Dave O and Henrik have said they can drive. I might be able to drive if I can get my car issues worked out, so right now we can get 10-15 people down there... although 5 people in a car is not ideal!

Anyone who can bring a setup should also do so.

I hope no one was planning to spend the night down there--I know from experience that TJ usually has a party after his tourneys. I don't know if he has enough housing room, and anyone who got a ride from someone who stays the night would be stuck the night also.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Actually I guess I could come Wednesday an hour late. Would it be ok if I got there like 4-4:30?

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
yes probably considering last time we were there till somewhere past 6, but dave or brickman will prob say something

i forgot to ask, on the flyer what kinda motto or catching phrase or wahtever do we put

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I updated the first post. I'm definitely going so who's car am I going in?

And I think we can agree the motto should be "Everyone's Friends Suck".

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Me! I think Eric is missing teams anyway, so I'm your best bet.

EDIT: Bring a setup if you wanna save five bucks... the door fee is waived if you do so.

brickman

Smash Lord
Durand- I'm not sure what our motto should be, I'm sure everyone will want to discuss it on Wednesday.

Andy- Dave O does have an account, I'm sure he will check this, he just doesn't post.

People coming on Wednesday- Starts at 3 pm and goes to around 6pm? maybe earlier or later depending on what roommate want.

I assume I am partnering with Dave O for MSOP 1, but I will be coming an hour or so late (morning practice LSAT), yet I assume it will still be in the process of friendlies and the disorder that accompanies tournaments. If this is not the case, well I guess I am fugged, but I will still have fun.

Hope that answered most of the questions, keep 'em coming, I suppose.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I think "Your Friends Suck" might be better. I don't think it's as clear to people what "Everyone's Friends Suck" actually means (it wasn't to me at first), and it's not even true. Our friends don't suck, unless your friend is me.

brickman

Smash Lord
Come on over on Wednesday, there should be a good amount of people over.

Also if you want to organize something else, feel free to do so, I'm sure we are all going to need to get as much practice as possible.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
You guys go ahead and practice without me. My thumbs hurt--getting old is tough.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I don't think so--I need to rest up my poor digits. I actually do have problems with my hands, if you guys haven't noticed me popping ibuprofens every time I play.

brickman

Smash Lord
Oh noesssssss.

Well I hope you are on for Saturday, too bad I wont make it in time for doubles, but I hope everyone does well. I am just going to be warming up for singles the entire time!

_marth1_

Smash Lord
im pretty sure either me or matt or both will be there wednesday....depending on homework stuff, it's at the address on the mailing sheet right?

we really need to practice teams and see which of our characters are good enough for tournament play and stuff like that....

slomo431

Smash Ace
I guess I can come Wed on time now...they're not letting me into the classes I want.

brickman

Smash Lord
To Everyone:

I have a Wii and a cube. 2 televisions, but only 1 memory card and 1 copy of smash.

Feel free to bring a set up if you want.

I need a copy and a card, to make an even 2.

But bring a tv and setup also if you dont think 2 televisions will be enough.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Is there any free parking by your house? If not I'll just bring the card and game.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Whats going down this saturday?

Im going down to UoI for dad's day for sororities..im free all day saturday.

Last year i went and we played at Weston..

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
I will bring a cube and game and card like last time

also i put the motto as "Ur Friends Sux" for one flyer and "Your Friends Suck Come Play Smsh With Us"

dunno, tell me what u guys think on wed on the flyers and which one u like better

and i saw the illinites thing too, and i only say halo3 dunno if there is any word on anything other than that

this sat, most people are going to MSOP
i probably can't because of exams

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Too bad you won't make it, Durand.
I think it would help to actually see the flier. I hate leetspeak, so I would avoid the first one you gave us.

Alright, so who's going to MSOP??

Matt
Tom
Alex
Andy
Eric
Dave O
Jon
Henrik

Anyone else??

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Wow!

Those are both really cool. I guess you drew them yourself? Nicely done.
I like the top one better, by the way.

Snake being naked is an interesting touch.

Top Bottom