• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

brickman

Smash Lord
Yea if anything, it means that no matter how bad you were today, you can be beaten men like AoB in a year or less, or at least competing with him. You'll probably do it faster than me though, I was just starting out at that tournament, and it has taken me almost a year to get where i am.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Ha, how many of us have had our wakeup call handed to us by Andy? I remember some charity tourney at the 6 pack Spring 2006 or so before I knew all these fancy moves where he four stocked me with Falcon and then took me out with Bowser in the next match by I think 3 stocks. I've been trying since like that summer to learn advanced techniques to compete with him, but every time I think I have one of his characters figured out he pulls out something else on me. Moral of the story, Foxes never improve.

CrimsonQueso

Smash Apprentice
In Spring 2006, I still thought ICs were garbage and mained Sheik, who I thought was overpowered. Now I main ICs. Moral of the story: I should've stuck with Sheik.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I don't remember that being you (I do remember crushing some noob with Bowser, hehe!), and I didn't remember A Sheik being Eric either. You guys were just random noobs that I would never see again.

I played Matt and Tom (at Marcus' smashfest) and Jon (at Illinites) when they weren't any good, but I didn't destroy them like I did you guys.

I also remember losing to Tom and Dan H at that charity tourney. That was when Dan was beating me and everyone was going "Ohhhh, he's gonna beat AOB!! He's gonna do it!! AOB will be beaten by him, ooooohhhhh!!!!!!" It's a relief that no one is surprised when I lose anymore, I do it so often.

Eric:
AoB = Ace of Base... or *** of Bowser
AOB = Andy O'Brien

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
i had my ass? handed to me 2-3 years ago against 5150 and bigd aka drewb008

=_=
still haven't gotten any better with my cruddy samus : (
shoulda picked top tier

btw henrik has a pretty nasty falco, he just needs some advice on what to do in some situations, but other than that, it's badass

_marth1_

Smash Lord
well cookies will be distributed saturday morning/during ride/during tournament assuming we dont eat them all by then haha

does anyone want to practice teams friday? cookies will definitely be available at that time...

slomo431

Smash Ace
They better be oatmeal chocolate chip. Those are the greatest baked goods known to man. In fact I was planning on making some on Sunday. But I would be glad to eat your cookies first. Less work. And I would also like to play on Friday.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I might be up for some teams practice. 130pm would be awesome, but I can do whenever.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I can do 4, but I need to leave by 7 to watch Avatar!

Someone's house, or Weston?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I'm up for practice at 4 at Weston, but I don't have a doubles partner yet. I'll be looking for a partner at this meeting tomorrow.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I hope there are better prizes. I still haven't used any of those coupons.

How'd you find out? Have they secured a room yet?

slomo431

Smash Ace
I didn't think the HKN tourney was that bad, but maybe that's because all I remember is getting 2nd in doubles and getting knocked out by a Luigi in singles.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
No... Tom was first, I was second, Matt was third, Ray was fourth. I remember you lost to Aaron that time, and some of us were talking about how bad you were against Falcons. =)

You must be thinking of Illinites?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
important double post

Does anyone have a TV (preferably not a 13-incher) you can bring to MSOP??? I think we're gonna need 'em, and you can save the five dollar fee.

brickman

Smash Lord
I mean I would have room in my car to bring one, but I don't know if they will give me a discount since I am coming late.

P.S.

Thank god I have made some measure of progress against falcons, I remember those sad sad days.

Now its just against marth's now :)

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Please do, Jon! No tournament ever has enough TVs.

Eric, I thought you were only going to be an hour or two late? I bet you could get a discount. And even if you don't, we need those TVs!!!

slomo431

Smash Ace
I believe it was Tom and Aaron, because Andy and Matt won that. They beat us in the finals, even though me and Jon were one upsmash away from taking the set. **** you, Jigglypuff...

Top Bottom