• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

brickman

Smash Lord
(high five) absolutely hilarious and true.

Maybe we will test it out this week. should be do fliers for weston this week?

let me know by tomorrow what you guys think.

CrimsonQueso

Smash Apprentice
We should put up a challenge. Something like
"If you've never played us before and can beat our best, win $50!"
that should attract everyone who thinks they're good. We might even get some more hardcore players.
Or we could do something like
"If a newcomer wins our free tournament, he gets $100!"
something of the sort.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Wait no, why do you want a whole bunch of people who aren't any good to come? They take up valuable TV time.

brickman

Smash Lord
Sorry for the double post, but it is not without reason.

October 19th (aka warm up for MSOP 1) there will be an illinites sponsored tournament for Smashing Illini.

Organization efforts must begin.

I need the following to be done:

A flier must be created with the information on it.

October 19
Illinites
Pine Lounge
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Tournament....(you guys need to tell me what type of tournament you want)

Then we are going to need these printed off (preferably by an engineering student with a lot of copies left) Then we are going to need to place these around campus a week or so before the event.

I hope you guys are all up for this, it is going to be fun.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Hey Alex, if it's doubles we should team.

Either singles or doubles (if I have a partner) is fine by me.

About fliers--remember, these things usually get tons of people and we have to do 2 stock best of 1 matches. Let's not get carried away.

brickman

Smash Lord
Just throwing it out there. I am having friendlies, like 3 more people can come over if they want to. just let me know. We are going to start around 2pm.

P.S.
Matt or Tom do you want a doubles partner :)

slomo431

Smash Ace
**** I have work til 3. I really want to play.

I may be looking for a doubles partner if Dave doesn't come to this.

And since everyone's friends are so good at smash, maybe they'd want some crew action.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
So since everyone is talking about partners, are we settled on teams for this tourney? Singles next time (whenever that may be)?

K

Kagakusha

For Smashing Illini, is there a specific time when we'd start a tourney? Right at 1 pm, or later? Just so I have a deadline for when I have to finish work.

For Illinites, definitely preferring Doubles.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Alex, don't dump me for Tom or I'll team with Matt and we'll smush you.

And remember boys and girls, we have a mini-tourney this Saturday. We'll do doubles and singles.
And if our first Illinites tourney is doubles, the next one will be singles... so it's really not too big a deal.

slomo431

Smash Ace
I guess I'm off the market for doubles partners. Dave and I are getting the old team back together. Maybe next time guys.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Brickman, have we ever tried teaming? We should try it this saturday in friendlies or something and if Robin can't make the tourney I'll team with you.

brickman

Smash Lord
I don't believe we have. I will only be able to stay for a little while on saturday, but we should give it a shot. If anything I will just partner with Dave O, how typical! Whatever.

Curious to know if everyone enjoyed the Tuesday friendlies, and wondering if you want to do it again. I can't next week due to mid term overload but it would not be impossible for the future.

Hyol

Smash Cadet
is the tourney this Saturday at Illinites in the Union? Or is it at Weston? Depending on what time it's at, I may be able to make it. I'll see if James or maybe Aaron is free for teaming up, otherwise I need a partner.

slomo431

Smash Ace
If you made Tuesday friendlies after 3 that would work fine. I can't really do anything in the afternoon cause that is when I usually work or nap. Early last year I used to have smashfests in my apartment with 3 setups or more, which were nice since we have 3 TVs here already. I might be interested in having some things at my place, as long as they don't last til 6 am like the last one.

Edit: Dan, no Illinites are always on Friday nights, and the one tomorrow does not have a Smash tourney to my knowledge. The one we're planning on is Oct 19. We're having a tourney just for fun at 1pm at the Weston lounge this Saturday.

Mas edit: I will probably be a little late this Saturday, as the football game is at 11 and I have season tickets. If we start getting blown out I'll leave early, but if we keep looking okay like we have been so far I've gotta stay the whole game.

flipkid

Smash Apprentice
is the tourney this Saturday at Illinites in the Union? Or is it at Weston? Depending on what time it's at, I may be able to make it. I'll see if James or maybe Aaron is free for teaming up, otherwise I need a partner.
dan, james already mentioned to me he wants to team w you so get on that...

yes. literally

DAMMIT RAY!

Me14k

Smash Lord
Im going to be down in champaign october 6 and 20 (saturdays). Anything happening at weston or something?

I didnt read any of the posts before me, so sorry if it was stated.

Top Bottom