• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
If someone else has a VCR, that'd be great. I cannot carry a cube, VCR, and TV myself.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Uh oh, there's a good chance I'm going home this weekend...

Edit: And as for taping matches, I may bring my VCR sometimes. I'll have to see if it fits in my backpack with my cube or not first.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
I think we should just have one on hand every once in a while. If not this week, then next week when we have our tournaments. I still wouldn't mind being able to record some matches this week though if anyone can bring something.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah i wont be there this weekend because im going home, dont do any recording!!

also i cant do any weekday this week too much homework :(

ill catch you guys next week

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Oh man, why did everyone pick the same weekend to go home? Who is coming this weekend?

-Q-

Smash Cadet
Eh, Im free to play this weekend...in fact Im okay to play on weekdays too for 1 or 2 hours after 4. Really, please play with me, I get bored of playing my roomate all the time.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Whoa Durand. Stick some spaces in your location so it doesn't mess up the alignment!

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
happy andy?

also i would also like to go to the tourny on Oct 20 and need a ride (subject to change depending on exams and etc)

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
My request for this saturday, the 20th, was refused.. someone had already reserved it.

I'm still waiting for a response for the 27th.

Weston seems really nice though, and I don't mind the walk all that much. Maybe we should just stick to Weston?

brickman

Smash Lord
Never, Allen Hall will be acquired!

It's now a simple matter of principle, Allen Hall needs to stop rejecting us and start embracing us.

Who that they could be so mean!

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
So we are minus Eric's TV, and Henrik's gonna be late... Jon, if you're bringing your TV I could pick you up.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah it's fine, it was actually too big to completely tip over in his trunk and the top just kept hitting the roof when he stopped.... repeatedly.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Jon, next time we could wrap it up in that blanket in my backseat if you want. I figure we just need to pack my trunk with enough stuff to brace the TV because my driving style's not going to change anytime soon.

I'm still thinking about Oct 20 and I'm still leaning more towards not going because of exams, but if I do go I'd be willing to bring up to 4 people willing to risk their lives for smash. Especially on the way home. My eyesight isn't what you'd call reliable at night.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
TJ always has a party after his things, if you guys were interested in that. I know I was when I was young, but at my age it's not good to party too hard.

I might go on the 20th. The thing is, if only I or Henrik go(es) and not both, only 4 more people can tag along (to my knowledge, no other smashers have wheels).
Although considering my skills, it might be a waste of time and $$. I'd rather just play you guys.

_marth1_

Smash Lord
i think matt and i want to go to that tourny....its only like an hour away right? ill probably have a lab to type up so we'll see

maybe we could rent a huge van thing for everyone that wants to go, that would be fun times

slomo431

Smash Ace
If you guys are serious about renting Enterprise will let you rent a van if you are at least 21. However, if the driver is 21 to 24, they charge an extra 15 dollars. So for a 7 passenger van it'd be about 86 total.

Alamo won't let you rent under 25 unless you've got a corporate contract or are part of an international tour.

National's underage charge is only 10 dollars, but the van itself costs more so it comes out to be 87.

Budget is the only place around that has the 12 passenger vans, but doesn't let anyone under 25 rent a van, truck, or SUV at all.

All companies mentioned have locations in Champaign, mostly near Neil and Kirby. Prices are to rent a 7 passenger minivan including tax and underage charges, but doesn't include additional things like insurance if you're into that sort of thing.

Yeah, I kinda got a little bored sitting here at home. Plus none of this matters if two of Andy, Brickman or me will be driving. I think Dave S has a car too, at least he did last year.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
I just had an idea. If we were to ever make a banner to attract new people, it needs to have the tagline, "Everyone's Friends Suck." I also think it should be our groups motto but that's just me.

Top Bottom