• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
I'd guess AnDaLe's probably has something before then, but we other people could start before then. Any time, any place on Thursday works for me

@bert, if your homework's stopping you from coming and you're in desperate need of hw assistance, there's a chance someone *might* be able to help (if it's basic stuff. I don't know what class, but my knowledge of EE ends at transistors if I can even do that, lol)

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Yea its a meeting from 7-9. I can still smash afterwards or beforehand?

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
that is disappoint, sir. But I brawl+ed with some people for a while today, so the sadness is diminished

Also, for the cool kids who aren't going to crazy Spring Break parties (wherever Midwesterners go for those), I'm probably going to be in town for a couple days after SB starts and a couple days before SB ends. I have a dream of a 24 hour Smash-a-thon. That's going on my bucket list.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
i have 2 problems sets to start and finish tonight. guess it's not happening.

thanks for the offer tim. i guess it depends on how much you know about digital signal processing or solid state electronics.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
my obsession with Zero hyped up all my expectations for MvC3 -- but god, playing any game after playing Melee makes everything seem soo sluggish and non-responsive

It's all downhill from here :/

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
check out this vid of MvC3 tim: http://youtu.be/_GDH0Ylp7bc

Really want to get into MvC3 but I already don't have enough time for melee, much less another game. Plus I'd have to throw down $120+ for the stick plus $50-60 for the game itself plus $10 for the character DLC. And I'd only be able to play on my roommates xbox or else I'd have to buy an xbox too.

I'll be back sunday. hopefully i'll have finished enough work so i can smash that day.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
"wanna get in it" as in auto-complete fail for "wanna get it" or talking about somin else? If there's something going on, my schedule's souper flexible for this & next week, so just drop me a text at 865_405_4365 if anyone wants to come out and plaaayy

If you were talking about MvC3, then I was going to wait until next semester to buy it for maybe $5 cheaper, but if there is an interest.. I can just get it now instead of later, no problem.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
Sunday, sunday, gotta get down on sunday. All in favor, say aye, all opposed, shamefully whinny like a horse (or make some other farm animal noise)

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
sweeet, that must happen (and i should have a melee setup by then, joyness)

I've made sure to add the **** hotline to my speed-dial for when anthony falco's me again. itallhappenedsofastidonteven

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
AOB is the true champ.

lol, I'm at the same percent as the fellow asian

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
So is this now splitting into 2 things?

Today I've got something at 8 (don't know how long it'll take, maybe an hour?), but before and after are good.

Thursday should be fine, if that's still going on.

Friday, there's a chance I'm totally free or else I'm free for a couple hours, but at least some time would work.

Saturday+, who knows. it's the weekend, so it's hard to be completely booked anyway; i'd be willing to play at 5 a.m. -- prioritize ftw

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
@Alex

idk what anthony was planning on doing besides his "moon festival" thing from 6-8 (courtesy of Stalker Feed), but if he skips out and unless you know someone else who wants to join in, it looks like we would be the only people available on fri since kevin's got his gf

If you still feel like beating me up a lot, then bring it on

@Kevin

Were you DIing Roy's Side-B to be able to shield quickly or was it just the lack of sweet spot that made it weak enough for you to land and shield before Roy can get the next chain off? I never really experienced that shielding before, so I'm wondering if maybe doing the Side-B chain at higher damage is still ok or if the base knock-back is so low that it's inviable for Roy

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
i crouch cancelled quite a few of them, which i believe is my best option once i know i'm gonna get hit by sideB.

also, i think you weren't doing them as fast as possible every single time, so that's another reason why i would be able to shield in between the hits, even if not crouch cancelling.

pretty sure it's not an issue of sweet spot vs non-sweetspotted. roy's our boy, but he hits worse than a girl.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
also, i think you weren't doing them as fast as possible every single time, so that's another reason why i would be able to shield in between the hits, even if not crouch cancelling.
Yeah, the timing I was doing was tuned for keeping the opponent juggled (at least with Marth) but I guess it doesn't work with cc. I'll need to try if pulling off the chain ASAP hits again before the cancel (but I don't remember if it's even possible or maybe I'm just inept (probably this one) at doing more than 2 chain attacks in rapid succession)

Also, <3 Smashboards April Fool's Day Joke. I was tempted to list all the characters here, but I figure someone else has already done that elsewhere.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Wow, I just got an email about Smash for Haiti prizes. How long ago was that?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
The email was from paul at myhendrickhouse dot com. Tell him you didn't get it.

_marth1_

Smash Lord
Hello all Smash for Haiti Winners,

I want to thank all of you for participating in last year's tournament, and I hope we'll be seeing you again at this year's event as well. As you know, the prizes were not yet received by last year's tournament date, and they aren't much, but I have been holding on to them and I'm going to add a little something extra before I send them out. I'm hoping to ship these to you all on Wednesday, but just to confirm can I have the addresses you would like things shipped to (in case they've changed from last year)?

Thank you all again, I hope you all had a good time, we raised a whole lot of money that all went to a good cause, and I hope we'll see you again on April 16th! (And I promise we'll have the prizes on the day of the event this time).
www.gamersforcharity.org

P.S. if anybody is in contact with Errol Kutan(SP?) and Andrew Tegel(SP?) I don't have their e-mail and for some reason they aren't in the signup rosters. I have addresses but I don't want to send off prizes somewhere where I don't know they will be. If you have their contact info or if they could contact me at this address, I will be happy to send them their prizes too.

Top Bottom