• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Well, it'll be warm enough that the traffic should keep it melty. I'll be there at 1.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
double post

Henrik, if you bring 64, you'll need to bring a TV for it too. It shouldn't be raining yet at 1, and then you could always wait for a break in the rain to run the stuff back to the car...? I don't care about playing 64, by the way.

Hyol

Smash Cadet
so 1 pm tomorrw? I'll see how the weather is like, then decide if i'm going or not.

Off topic, but does anyone have football season tickets that is not going to the Bowl game? Or does anyone know people who are season ticket holders and aren't going to the bowl game? I'm asking cause they go on sale Monday for those people and i'm trying to get a few. It'll be nearly impossible to get general public tickets. I'm looking at you Henrik... I know you're one of them, but you're probably going to the Bowl game right.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Oh yeah I'm definitely going to that bowl game, wherever it may be. I'm thinking I'll get a nice trip to Florida out of it, or ideally Pasadena, California.

And I still can't get my TV to go into game mode so unless someone brings theirs there really isn't any point in me bringing the 64. I might have to leave early for the Illini basketball game at 4 if it's nice enough to walk to the Asse Hall, otherwise I'll stay. I probably won't be driving to smash tomorrow, just so I can walk straight from smash to the game. Another reason I won't be able to bring my tv. Come to think of it I'm probably just going to be able to bring a controller. Blame the weather for my laziness.

If you guys really want to play the 64 so much, you can come to one of the Thursday smashings at my place one of these days, or since I'm pretty much free finals week, anytime then.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Well, I'm counting 8 people for today, on one set. Guys, if some random noob comes by asking to play today, the correct answer is NO.

Henrik, in the future I'll bring a programmable remote (AND the codes!) to fix your TV problem.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
yeah i like saturday...we havent been getting enough people for 2 tvs lately anyways if thats a problem...ice and snow are fun too

is joey still alive? havent seen him in a while
Yeah I'm alive, just attempting to survive the end of semester mayhem going on.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
People walking by will be wondering why the hell we're plugging our gc controllers into an AT-AT.

Edit: On a related note, I'm seriously considering getting one of these. I'm leaning towards the chrome, but black would look nice too.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
omg someone drive to MSOP...

i'll freakin drive someones car comon!

is... there a bus? or something? WE HAVE TO GO!

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
People walking by will be wondering why the hell we're plugging our gc controllers into an AT-AT.

Edit: On a related note, I'm seriously considering getting one of these. I'm leaning towards the chrome, but black would look nice too.
that chrome one looks like a toaster haha

we should host our own tournament so we dont have to drive places all the time

brickman

Smash Lord
maybe we can host a tournament some time early next semester, or maybe over winter break in January.

God **** I want this semester to be over.

Hyol

Smash Cadet
I can't make msop2 if anyone is going anyway. That's finals weekend, you guys are crazy lol. oh yeah and btw, ROSE BOWL!!!

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
Andy is in the library...
at this very moment :)

but yes, we should set up a tourny here so we don't have to travel
spring semester? =_=

oh and does anyone want to give lessons on specific characters cuz i would like some

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I was borrowing Perfect Blue, MacGyver Season 5 discs 1-2, and a couple of books for my CI 542 paper. This is the first time I have ever borrowed anything, and I did it with my 2002 I-card with a picture of an Andy who looks nothing like me.

You guys can do SMYM 8 in the spring if you want. You'll just have to check to see when the renovations allow it. If you were thinking about finding a different place, good luck!!! (you'll need it)

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
durand, i just try to be able to hit the opponent without them being able to hit me, thats the best lesson i can give....and it works with all characters

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I have been wondering that also. Is marth1 actually two people?

And if not, is Matt any good at stadium anyway?

slomo431

Smash Ace
I can give lessons on the best way to play fox. Basically over the course of this 4 hour a week tutorial, I will play my fox in front of you, and you will do the exact opposite of everything I do. I also expect that for every hour in class, you spend 6-8 hours a week outside of class preparing. And all classes must be played on an ATAT with either a keyboard or a chainsaw. Take my class and learn to play like a true warrior.

****, this was such a fast semester. I attended less than 40% of my classes each week and by the end will have only had 4 midterms, 0 finals. 4.0 is almost guaranteed. I think I must have stumbled upon the greatest full-time student schedule ever. I'm definitely mailing in my senior year, cause I don't see next semester being much different. Come to think of it, I've had senioritis since 2nd semester Freshman year.

And I can happily say after camping out at the Assembly Hall right after the BCS selection show to 8:30 am today, that I have tickets to the Rose Bowl. We were 2nd in a line that more than wrapped around the entire stadium! Yay!

Hyol

Smash Cadet
2nd in lin1e?! u guys are crazy. how the hell did you put up with the freezing weather and wind? anyway, a couple of my friends and I got tickets also, but we're still looking at flight plans. I can only spend so much, so I'll more than likely just flip the ticket if the price to go to the bowl game gets too high. But either way, the Rose Bowl... the Granddaddy of Them All

slomo431

Smash Ace
We jumped on a dozen tickets to LA for 492 a person and we're all just gonna pile into two four star hotel rooms in downtown LA for a few days, so thus far we're at less than 600 a person, which I felt wasn't too bad.

In line last night we crammed everyone into an 8 person tent. We played football in the parking lot for a few hours. I was wearing two tshirts two sweatshirts and the thickest jacket I had. Plus since we were so far up the line the ticket office and the ramp sheltered us a lot. I didn't get to sleep at all though. What time did you guys get there? Did you have to wait in line for hours? Our group alone took like 10 minutes for them to process.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
So I guess BCS doesn't stand for Bardeen-Cooper-Schrieffer? /physics joke

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I was worried even you wouldn't get it... I never knew what BCS meant until I did some lab work on superconductors. Never learned about it in any class (or never remembered it).

Hyol

Smash Cadet
actually, I didn't have to wait in line at all. My sister used her friend's id because she looks exactly like her. She stood in line for me. They went at like 7:30am and didn't get the tickets until like noon. I stayed home, lol. Of course i'm gonna compensate her for her time and troubles. But yeah, we're still looking for deals on flights and hotels.

brickman

Smash Lord
whatever.

Next semester I will work (hopefully with help of Andy) in setting up MSOP8 (or is it 9?)

If the church wont let us do it, I'll take it to my Jewish brethren and their newly establish building!

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
normally i would never but my finals are wednesday and thursday.

its no prob guys i mean i would be cool if one of the twins would come so we could team, but school>smash.

i'm teamin with dmac anyway i think gogo double fox

dont you mean smym eric? not msop?

slomo431

Smash Ace
I just got a new GPS system (tells me where to turn when I cannot see anything) so maybe I might go to MSOP. It's not like I have anything better to do this weekend. I'll let you guys know if I end up in a lake.

Top Bottom