• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Sweet dude, just gimme a call if you can. If not, then no worries.

EDIT: by the way, I hope to see each and every one of you at the upcoming FC tournament in mid august (before the school year starts). If it is a problem for you out of state folks, I would be more than happy to provide housing.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
FC gonna be hype as ****. My body is ready. Midwest is stepping it up with the tournaments these past 2 years. Spoke to KishPrime for a bit today on Skype. Can't give any specifics, but FC is gonna be a special experience. Do everything you can to make sure you're at this tournament.

Get that practice for Purdue in! Been practicing tech skill and movement in 10 minute increments as study breaks.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
GGs Joe, Innovative Ganon Main.
Haha, thanks dude. GGs to you as well. You really got better over break, especially with that auto spacing on the side-b. Damn good.

And I guess I am somewhat innovative, doing moves I haven't seen before. Now, if I was any good, I would totally use them and WRECK! haha, but yea dude, I was talking to the ganon boards about the usability of the reverse ledge dash and they (especially ace) all said it was very underused.

So I made a video of potential RLD techs, most of them utterly useless. Hang on, Im gonna post a link (if you guys are bored and wanna watch a video of 90% pointless ganon techs)

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Triple post! Get at me.

But so far, I got Kage, Eikelmann, and possibly more thinking about staying at my place for the tournament this summer. I live right by ohare, so its especially easy for kage.

Ups the incentive, yes? Kevin, you live in Jersey, right? Come down and stay with me and get destroyed by kage and eikelmann!

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
my ledge dashes with ganon are atrocious but they're fine with falcon. that's why you see me jump and roll off the ledge a lot with my ganon (you guys should punish that **** harder ;) ). I guess I'll work on it sometime... Nice video Joe. Ganon's ledge dash/wavedash/waveland game is one his best aspects IMO.

I have no idea what I'm doing for the summer yet. I could be west coast, east coast, or still in champaign. Or chicago. In any case, I might take you up on that offer Joe. I think the dates for FC are right during the time between leases for apartments. Ganon is probably my most comfortable matchup next to falcon, so I ain't afraid of those guys. Also Kage's a sweetheart IRL.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
my ledge dashes with ganon are atrocious but they're fine with falcon. that's why you see me jump and roll off the ledge a lot with my ganon (you guys should punish that **** harder ;) ). I guess I'll work on it sometime... Nice video Joe. Ganon's ledge dash/wavedash/waveland game is one his best aspects IMO.

I have no idea what I'm doing for the summer yet. I could be west coast, east coast, or still in champaign. Or chicago. In any case, I might take you up on that offer Joe. I think the dates for FC are right during the time between leases for apartments. Ganon is probably my most comfortable matchup next to falcon, so I ain't afraid of those guys. Also Kage's a sweetheart IRL.
Yea, thanks dude. I really annoyed bibi with my RLD DJ fair tech yesterday... ask him lol. Pretty cool. Eventually, he backed off the ledge, letting me return with no pressure because this move gives ganon almost every single option from the ledge. Im telling you, its easily my favorite ganon tech.

And I think the leases are actually a bit after the dates for FC unless you are re-leasing (that a word?) the same apartment you already have. But for the most part, they start around 17th and 18th. And be careful what you say, these dudes know how to fight falcon haha, especially kage (who I also heard is the nicest dude ever).

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I did get you once with a SH bair, but that was a fluke.
"How do you recover against Ganon?"
"You don't..."
Not gonna lie, that dropzone @ 48% felt so good :cool:

Hopefully I'll be too busy this summer w/ an internship or a job to do much.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Haha that dropzone was boss man. So legit, especially since I didn't see it coming. Im gonna have a job in the summer, but I already know that I'm not missing this FC tourney. I picked up the controller like 4 months ago, been to one tournament, get wrecked (as you all know) and I still know that this is a big deal. Im there haha.

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
SO. 95% sure I can drive us to Purdue on the 14th. jw, are we planning on driving back late or crashing for a night?

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
So for some reason I stopped receiving emails from this thread and assumed it was inactive or something... I don't know. Anyway, I'm down to Smash tonight for sure and probably can't again until next week. Also the 14th is probably out for me because I'm going to do prom pictures for a friend of mine. Possible start of a photography business...? ;)

Anyway, good stuff on the video, Joe. I also have about 2 hours of footage from me vs Dart when he was in Springfield saved on a VHS tape back home.

And I'm hella down for FC as long as I have a way of getting there. Maybe I'll bring my (not) awesome photography skills to the rest of the Smash world.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
So for some reason I stopped receiving emails from this thread and assumed it was inactive or something... I don't know. Anyway, I'm down to Smash tonight for sure and probably can't again until next week. Also the 14th is probably out for me because I'm going to do prom pictures for a friend of mine. Possible start of a photography business...? ;)

Anyway, good stuff on the video, Joe. I also have about 2 hours of footage from me vs Dart when he was in Springfield saved on a VHS tape back home.

And I'm hella down for FC as long as I have a way of getting there. Maybe I'll bring my (not) awesome photography skills to the rest of the Smash world.
Hey man, you're more than welcome to stay at my house in the suburbs for the night before. Kage, eikelmann, and possibly more will most likely be there and then we get to drive out to a hotel and enjoy the tournament.

Also, because Kage is there, a lot of the chicago smash scene folks (Sveet, trail...) are probably gonna meet up with us as well. I've been talking to Sveet a little bit and he seems like he knows what he's talking about, also seems like a really nice dude.

Man, I'm looking forward to this almost as much as the tournament itself haha. Hope to see ALL OF YOU here. Including Charlie, Tim, Jack, etc. (who haven't said a word about it yet lol)

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
i wanna come over bibi. but i have been up for 34 out of 36 hours now. Priten I'm sure you can spare some time next week. It's just freshman year :p

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Well sorry about tonight, the reporter I was working with to cover the new lab being inaugurated didn't immediately get me the list of speakers and their info so by the time I finished captioning my photos it was way too late for Smash :(

Anyway, I'll try to be down for tomorrow if the same thing doesn't happen again.

Also, come out to the quad at 5. Just sayin'.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
No problems Priten. Hopefully we'll get the whole group together for tomorrow (poor Kevin...). On that note, anyone got a place they can volunteer?

Joe, I just did some tests w/ Ganon. Turns out the Tapion Punch Combo works on Falco @ 60%, ± 2% depending on freshness of dair. I can't get it to work w/ Fox or Falcon though.
MAKE IT HAPPEN

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
No problems Priten. Hopefully we'll get the whole group together for tomorrow (poor Kevin...). On that note, anyone got a place they can volunteer?

Joe, I just did some tests w/ Ganon. Turns out the Tapion Punch Combo works on Falco @ 60%, ± 2% depending on freshness of dair. I can't get it to work w/ Fox or Falcon though.
MAKE IT HAPPEN
Haha, I have absolutely no idea what the Tapion Punch Combo is... but if it's possible, you can rest assured that i'll make it happen.

But Bibi, as you know, I pretty much just invented some siiiiiick combos with ganon. KEEP IT ON THE DL MAN. Gotta surprise y'all. 2 hit death combo, guaranteed.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Joe, how do you not know that combo? Lol :p

You guys should text me since I just recently got my replacement phone activated after the touch functionality of the screen stopped working on my last one. Let me know about tonight. Oh, and we might have a new guy :)

:phone:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Joe, how do you not know that combo? Lol :p

You guys should text me since I just recently got my replacement phone activated after the touch functionality of the screen stopped working on my last one. Let me know about tonight. Oh, and we might have a new guy :)

Hell yea! A new guy? Aw man, time to SHOW HIM HOW MUCH WE WRECK (and we totally do)!!!

Haha, I did know about that combo, Bibi was also telling me about it, I just didn't know that was what it was called.

Bibi: Ok so that combo must be attempted. I wonder if there is a stomp to utilit combo...

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
Bibi: Ok so that combo must be attempted. I wonder if there is a stomp to utilit combo...
Actually such a combo does exist. You dair Falco @ 51% through a Yoshi's Story platform, edge cancel the lag then immediately utilt. Falco must be able to fall below the platform. There's a video on youtube but I can't find it.

Anybody got a place tonight for smash? Kevin can't host since he's busy.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could host one of these... Illini Tower has an awesome theater room in the basement but of course it's a projector screen so lag would be out of this world... :(

Joe, you down to host tonight?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yup, you know it. Down to host whenever kevin cant. Ill call all the usuals, of course.

Tim, if you can use your car and pick bibi up (who im assuming can bring his tv), that would be awesome.

And bibi, that combo would be soooo sick haha, i wanna try it one of these days.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting an apartment next year too, so as long as my roommates are OK with it I should be able to start hosting, as well as provide housing for future SMYM-comers ;)

Also, anyone down for Project M tonight?

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
Actually, if you guys want, we could do this at Triangle tonight. We're setting up for a party in the Living/Dining room but the basement is going to be free, and I think I can get an extra TV from one of my brothers so we'll just need one more setup. What do you guys think?

Master Ppv said:
Also, anyone down for Project M tonight?
Me. Perhaps we could have 1 melee and 1 P:M setup.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Bibi, if you can provide 2 tvs with no lag then id be down. Cant waveland with lag haha. But sure, that would probably be more spacious.

But im sure either priten or i can probably bring an extra partial setup (wii and all).

Top Bottom