• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
GGs today guys

when is everyone good to meet up on friday? I'm guessing the typical 5ish afterclass.

BTW we got Minnesota w/ 7, Wisconsin with 5, and Nebraska with 7 ppl looking for housing. They are driving 8+ hours just to go to SMYM, and most if not all of each respective crew will not be able to attend if they cannot find a place to stay. I'm definitely housing at least one of these groups. Please find it in your hearts to put a roof over these guys' heads so they can attend! Even if you can only house 1 or 2 of these ppl, it's a huge help!

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
1. Hey buddddayyy I live on 2nd and daniel..you're literally across the street from me..let's play smash sometime ok?
Nice. I won't be free until at least after Wednesday, but I'm definitely down for some smash.

EDIT: Also, for anyone who's thinking of helping out @ SMYM, Scar started this thread on Tournament Organizing which has a lot of interesting ideas contributed by many TOs we could possibly adapt. Look into it.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
All right guys tomorrow night is probably the only time I'll be free, and actually after Saturday I'm gonna have to take a (hopefully) short hiatus from Melee. I haven't been doing so well with grades lately so I'm gonna step it up big time on those. Sorry Charlie, we can joke all we want about priorities and whatnot but when it comes down to it I need to get real.

No worries though, I'll still try to practice at least once a week; I'm just saying I probably won't be up for any games on weekdays anymore - probably only Fridays.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
That and some other stuff... But yeah, pretty much. I'm gonna be serious now, like I should have been from the start :mad:
hit me up sometime if you wanna work on 173 together. I did pretty solidly on the exam. tbh the quizzes have hurt my grade the most because I pretty much just read the book while I do them alone. I do pretty good on the hw if I'm not super busy with the other classes. I generally work alone on all the 173 stuff, so I'm sure my grade could go up if I collaborated on the homework and stuff. It wouldn't be difficult to get 100 on basically every hw and quiz if you went to office hours and did them there since the TAs are pretty nice usually (especially Andrew)

PPV or PT: I need someone to house-sit for tim on friday. He's gonna be outta town but he offered his apartment to house some ppl, but he needs someone he can trust to be at the apartment. Basically you just need to make sure no one burns the apartment down that night, and you'll have 6-7 ppl to smash with the night before SMYM.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
PPV or PT: I need someone to house-sit for tim on friday. He's gonna be outta town but he offered his apartment to house some ppl, but he needs someone he can trust to be at the apartment. Basically you just need to make sure no one burns the apartment down that night, and you'll have 6-7 ppl to smash with the night before SMYM.
I *might* be able to make that happen. But I got family coming down, so obviously my family has to take priority. I'll let you know, I'd love to do it tho if at all possible.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
hit me up sometime if you wanna work on 173 together. I did pretty solidly on the exam. tbh the quizzes have hurt my grade the most because I pretty much just read the book while I do them alone. I do pretty good on the hw if I'm not super busy with the other classes. I generally work alone on all the 173 stuff, so I'm sure my grade could go up if I collaborated on the homework and stuff. It wouldn't be difficult to get 100 on basically every hw and quiz if you went to office hours and did them there since the TAs are pretty nice usually (especially Andrew)

I'd be down for that. You can also come by the ACM office; that's where I usually am if I'm doing homework for pretty much any class.

As for house-sitting for Tim: just depends on what time I'd have to start, and also, would it include staying the night there?

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
You would have to stay there at night. He said he doesn't mind if you sleep in his bed.

ACM office scares me for some reason. I prefer the basement of Siebel oddly enough.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
my place is fine, but i dunno when i'm gonna wake up from this nap i'm about to take. Either pick another place to smash, or I'll post here letting you know its good to come to my apartment when I wake up if nothing else has been arranged. That will probably be around 8.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I pulled an all-nighter last night so I gotta pass out for a bit after class. I should be good to go around 7:30-8ish hopefully.

Charlie: $5 MM my pika, peach, marth, sheik, mario, or doc.
Done, done, done, done, and DONE. I'm down for any or all.

I'm pretty hyped for SMYM, never been to a RL tourney this big before.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Guys, at the Union they're having one of those Illinites tomorrow, so maybe we can introduce Smash there? We'd definitely have more space, and we might get to practice in a bit of a crowd environment if other people notice our awesometacular 1337 skillz :p

I talked to one of the Illini Union Board members sometime last month and she said they'd be down to have Melee as an available option.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
Guys, at the Union they're having one of those Illinites tomorrow, so maybe we can introduce Smash there? We'd definitely have more space, and we might get to practice in a bit of a crowd environment if other people notice our awesometacular 1337 skillz :p

I talked to one of the Illini Union Board members sometime last month and she said they'd be down to have Melee as an available option.
Can you elaborate on this?

Also, everyone down for smash @ Kevin's Place? Or shall we get together before that?

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Wait, what? For what class?

Kevin, I've got some Math to finish up. Should be ~30 more minutes.
Media Literacy.

Also, mind if I come at like 9:30? I might bring Project M with me and maybe even use you guys for my paper... Bibi, you could talk about how you'd like to join the team and such, etc.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Milk was a bad choice...

edit: GGs today everyone. Those were really hype MMs charlie. Even if i ****ed up. And the RNG gods hated me. No johns though. You played well. You should move up to the falcon ganon MMs now :)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Haha maybe kevin. I'll whack off $20 for the $20 freebie you gave me that first time, of course.

So are we playing/organizing for SMYM/doing anything tonight?

Battlecow

Play to Win
I ended up $120 in the green

But I won 2 of them with lucky dot-eyes and he forward-B'd off the stage in the last stock of the last match on the last one so :(

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Hey kevin, im out with the family at the moment (which, needless to say, takes priority), but if PPV absolutely cant house sit for tim, id be able to do so.

Also, ill give you a call when im free to help out with tournament organization stuff.

:phone:

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
ppv hasn't said anything about whether he can do it...

i've rented the megaphone, printed out some blank pools sheets and entered all of the pre-registered singles players into tio. Is there much else i can do?

Top Bottom