• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
not sure if i'm gonna have the falcon punches but jack and i will be drinking and smashing at some point that afternoon. Then again, I'm guessing most of you other than joe, bibi, and goolick aren't gonna drink much unless i make falcon punches....

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
not sure if i'm gonna have the falcon punches but jack and i will be drinking and smashing at some point that afternoon. Then again, I'm guessing most of you other than joe, bibi, and goolick aren't gonna drink much unless i make falcon punches....
Kevin, if this is an invitation to your place, i would have no problem in supplying a case or two of some decent quality beer hahaha:)

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
sounds good joe. I'll let you guys know what time we're starting and ending this "smash and trash" when i figure out with jack.

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
I have a lab to TA from 2-3:30ish QQ hopefully i get the pro groups that finish early

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo I totally told y'all about that last time we played

eh anyways

Not down for the unofficial festivities so I'll be seeing you at some point in the more distant future.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Smashing from 2-5ish tmw.

PPV: can't believe you're skipping your first unofficial. Huge mistake dude.

Charlie: You don't have to drink if you just wanna get in some matches. Since you're still in HS idgaf if you don't want to drink on unofficial.

If you wanna help out for SMYM, try to clear out your schedule for the afternoon/evening of March 9th, the day before SMYM. We're gonna meet up at my place to figure out what everyone needs to do to make the event run smoothly. And get in a bunch of matches of course.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Kevin: I'm good anytime after 3, and can probably pick up those cases one the way to your place.

PPV: I agree fully with what kevin said, but you'd be surprised at how many people are leaving for unofficial.

Charlie: Nobody's pressuring you to drink dude; if anything, this would be a great time to con us into some money matches. We'll be inebriated and probably willing to go for it... and do poorly and end up losing $5.

MOAR SMASH

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Shot matches

edit: btw joe i hope you mean you're picking up those cases from your dorm. Trying to buy alcohol on Unofficial is generally a bad idea especially if you're using a fake ID or something. Buy that stuff today.

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully my lab groups end early tomorrow, like before 3:30.. in any case, i'll stop by :)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Thanks guys but I got stuff anyways

I'm definitely in for the organizothon on the 9th. SMYM's got a not-so-bad turnout already and we ain't done yet!

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying to get my students to finish faster. They don't seem to be too eager to get out (Asian lab section :-\). Hopefully I won't be too late!

:phone:

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
lol that's mad funny tim.

Everyone who's down to house some ppl for SMYM, post which nights you're willing to house (Friday/Saturday) and how many ppl you'd be able to house. I'm starting to get quite a few requests in the SMYM thread.

So far, Quaz has a group of 2-5 that need housing on Friday, Nebraska has a crew of unknown size, St Louis has 2+ ppl, and MegaFear has asked me for housing for 5 ppl as well (I'm not sure if he's included in one of those groups)

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
Well, since I'm in Triangle Fraternity, it's conceivable that our house can house a good number of people on spare couches and such. I'd have to speak with our President, but the option is probably there.
Of course, the usual caveat for honest people not breaking any of our stuff is still out there.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Idk if id be able to house anyone, simply because im in a dorm room haha. But next year I can for sure (a lot of good that does now, I know).

On another note: that was mad fun kevin, thanks for having us. And GGs to kevin, chris, bibi, jack, and tim. NO JOHNS (or joes)

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
So for those of you who've regained consciousness

We should smash it up this week, get ready for SMYM. What days are y'all open?

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
I may have been responsible for saying something like "Alcohol johns? We all have alcohol johns.. No JOES!" :bee:

I'm leaving for UCLA on Thursday so any day before that is when I'll be available if anyone else is.

Also this is random, but does anyone happen to play TF2 (Team Fortress 2) above a casual level?

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
smash at my place tonight. when's everyone free? i get out at 4:30

also, i need ppl to get back to me about housing. Ppl from the SMYM thread are PMing me and stuff. Even if you have a dorm room that can only fit like 2 ppl on the ground that would help too.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Sorry boys, gotta sit this one out and study for a midterm... I would much rather be smashing.

And maybe I could house some people, I would have to see about it tho, and they would have to obviously not **** up my ****, etc. haha. Talk to me about it, I'll see what I can do.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Well, since I'm in Triangle Fraternity, it's conceivable that our house can house a good number of people on spare couches and such. I'd have to speak with our President, but the option is probably there.
Of course, the usual caveat for honest people not breaking any of our stuff is still out there.

1. Hey buddddayyy I live on 2nd and daniel..you're literally across the street from me..let's play smash sometime ok?

2. Hey..umm..I live here too! I'm not active on smashboards. but yah I can house 1-2 people..would be nice if i knew them and if they take showers.

Top Bottom