• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Wow. A few posts ago I wrote
"Jon, could you the TV tonight? Henrik, could you Jon up?"

I noticed that the second sentence was missing a verb and I fixed it, but I never noticed that the first sentence didn't have a verb either. I can't believe I wrote that! That's a senior citizen moment, folks.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
What's this I'm hearing about weekday smashing? So instead of just once a week on Saturday, I'll be able to play 2 or 3 times a week?

Sounds great!

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
you shouldnt have killed yourself... there was no point in even going out there on story :(

and yeah FD is no good shiek on falcon... you cant get him off the edge!

of course i really cant talk considering i was destroyed that tourney

brickman

Smash Lord
So I think I am going to take a break from smash for a while.

I don't think it will really inconvenience anyone, and I will gladly do organizing for things if you want me to. I just don't feel like playing smash for a couple of month.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Huh?? You don't want to do that. Just do what I do and change characters every week or two.

Anyway, we had a question for you a few posts ago. Didn't you say something about a new date for the Illinites tourney?

slomo431

Smash Ace
I was talking with Jon last Friday of doing the same thing Eric. I may need to get away from this for awhile. Or at least become better at resisting smashing when I really have to get other things done.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
You guys play during the week, don't you? Well, limit it to Saturdays. Unless you are finding the game truly unenjoyable and you only play because you can't help it, trying to take a break won't work. Just play for a few hours each weekend.

It's often a good idea to consider the wisdom of the aged.

brickman

Smash Lord
in response to questions about illinites, here is what i got from them

Hey Eric,
So it would probably be easier if you emailed the committee chairs directly. Their email addresses are sgulas2@uiuc.edu, chishti2@uiuc.edu , and nmiklyu2@uiuc.edu. They are more intimately involved with the dates and would be able to work with you better. Thanks!
Obaid

I guess I could contact them about future events, wouldn't be too hard, just need some time!

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Yeah, do that. There isn't that much time before winter break--let's try to squeeze one in!

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I was sort of hoping for the 2nd-place teams money. I don't care for my odds of getting 3rd in singles...

slomo431

Smash Ace
I'm weird. When I'm not playing I really want to play. When I am playing I'm getting frustrated. I'd come out of semi-pre-retirement/vacation for a teams tourney though. Gotta defend that winner's bracket title.

Basketball season is starting soon, and unlike football games I never leave those early, so whether I want to or not I will probably be missing a lot of smash in the future, which I guess is a good enough break from the game.

Maybe I'll just take a break from Fox and not the game in general.

slomo431

Smash Ace
I've finished the vids from our smashfest a week ago, but I can't tell the difference between Jon and James's Falcos on the ones without tags. I'll be uploading them to YouTube over the next few days. And for some reason the Falco ditto where I destroy Jon again is messed up...which really sucks.

Edit: Brickman, you must really like Falcos...

flipkid

Smash Apprentice
I was talking with Jon last Friday of doing the same thing Eric. I may need to get away from this for awhile. Or at least become better at resisting smashing when I really have to get other things done.
hmm... what things exactly are those?? i mean we only play like once a week anyways....maybe twice... and by we i mean me and i think you..

it's not like the extra 3 hours saturday afternoon were going towards anything productive or anythign that much more fun than smash...

plus aren't you taking like 12 hours ya pansy?

i mean it's not like your practicing anymore is it? endless drillshining lvl 1s?? because then ya.. i would quit/never do that...

brickman

Smash Lord
Henrik, are all the video's of me winning against falco's? I mean i think i only played like 2 matches against your fox and only a couple against marth.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Yeah, you've got a massive amount of wins vs Falco. And Dave, I'm not really quitting anymore, I figure I only have a few more months with Melee until Brawl comes out, and then I'll quit Smash. At least competitive Smash.

Edit: When you were going Marth or Sheik, you lost only 1 match out of 12 against the Falcos...Barely. Remind me not to use my Falco on you when you come back.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah brickman is pretty good against falco..

you pretty much have to kill him in 1 combo a couple of stocks to win, luckily... its falco... lol

jeez QUITTERS!!

although i must admit... brawl will blow wangzors

slomo431

Smash Ace
Personally, it doesn't even matter if Brawl turns out to be an amazing competitive game, I doubt I'll be a serious player. I'm probably buying it solely for free for alls with items on and other fun stuff. I don't really want to start over having to learn all new stuff just to suck at a whole new game.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Brawl looks really goofy. I know I'll probably play it a whole bunch anyway.

Henrik, I just saw your set against Eric. You're improving fast these days! Just don't kill yourself so much.

brickman

Smash Lord
Videos made me smile and want to play again.

Back to perfecting sheik and getting a better controller.

$39.50 down the drain, again.

Edit: **** up smash.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Just don't kill yourself so much.
You mean like in Brickman(CF) vs slomo431(Fox)? That match made me laugh. SDs usually happen so often for me nowadays I figure I'll always get at least 1 per match and am very pleasantly surprised if it doesn't happen.

And I love the shine into the upsmash. I even try it against chars I really shouldn't be (Fox/Falco). I just love that upsmash ever so much. And so does Eric.

Edit: Where are you buying $40 controllers at? Are they better than the silver ones which I can't seem to wavedash with? The old one I'm currently using doesn't let me run most of the time. If anybody comes to a tourney/smashfest using this controller, I will admire them forever. http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-23-77-9-49-en-15-controller-70-1xe-43-1g.html

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Are wavebirds $40? Maybe that's what he means. Or maybe he's buying them from some dude on the street, unaware that they're a lot cheaper at the store.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Is there link to such a video?

I'd like to use the Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw Controller. That would be fantastic. Has anyone tried playing smash with the Konga Drums or a steering wheel controller? If only they made the Power Glove for the Cube. I saw an article that an electrical engineer here made one on his own last year. You engineering smashers better get on that.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Grid and I used the bongos to play once. You can jump and use B and A.

He played Samus with the bongos, and I used Mewtwo with a regular troll, and I lost on Onett. I was rushing him. He won the reverse matchup, but he camped me out, and what was I supposed to do when I can't move side to side or even turn around??? Humph.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Well maybe you guys should stop playing on Lightning Melee and it wouldn't sound like that.

Seriously though, every single vid plays fine on my computer. Synced audio and all that. Something probably happened on the upload to YouTube. I'll upload it again when I get home from work, but I'm keeping that version up there no matter what.

That controller is fantastic, but I saw it selling somewhere in Asia for $92. It's not THAT fantastic.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
The sound is a but desynched in all of the videos I've watched... but, wow!

Top Bottom