• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
just played brawl+

captain falcon plays like he should, fast and strong and comboes
Ike, playable now, faster, moves come out faster, pretty awesome
Samus, charge shot seriously kills, the hit sends you sideways, so it's like a really strong smash attack that kills, i mean even with DI, i could only go diagonally like 30 degrees : \
characters that grapple to get back still suck, they still get owned if someone is grabbing the edge, except Zero Suit Samus, she'll just take you down with her
Marth's rainbow dance is seriously unstoppable
um... falco's reflector acts a lot differently, his reflector will hit you so u get dragged in toward him, basically a combo starter
u can't dair shine with fox anymore, he'll just spot dodge
you can only air dodge once
sweet spotting ledges, really really hard kinda, just different from what we're used to
with good DI characters can still live up to around 200% so yeah...

i would say it's worth a play but
overall most of the game seems like it plays the same, just the characters have either been buffed or nerfed

i would say, it's enjoyable for like 30 minutes and then you realize, it's brawl and go back to playing melee

those are my two cents, i might add more later

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
even i can beat tom's marth and i'm terrible against marth and all other characters
I'm almost the exact opposite. I'm good against marth but for some reason I lose to Tom's...

Anyway, what's going on in Chicago this week? Anybody going to Vro's this Saturday that would give me a ride?

slomo431

Smash Ace
try to get dave to drive you. i'm still debating whether or not i'll feel like going since i'll have to drive myself because ray isn't going. if you guys and the twins show up i'll probably be more likely to come too.

i'd be able to sweetspot in brawl+ no problem

raychun1

Smash Apprentice
yeah, it doesn't look like i can make it to vro's on saturday. if i'm not tipsy and it's not past midnight, i might make it for last minute friendlies.

now that i think about it, smash takes up so much f'ing time. you can play for like 4 hours straight and still not feel it.

raychun1

Smash Apprentice
i know, someone pranked me!!! grrr. it looks pretty cool tho haha

today i was the meat of a **** smash sandwich. alex, i dont get how you do it. you gotta show me how to beat the twins

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
loolololololo

tom.idea. wednesday leave spare key under mat so i can get in and clobber brickman for a few hours before leaving

or put the mailbox key there and conceal the real key inside the mail box...so sneaky

edit: or give brickman key is a good idea

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
ok i made a new combo video

its basically me beating up on tom and then he has 2 combos .loll.. one on ray chun and one where he kills himself but kills me too

tom give key to brickman so we can play tomorrwoowo

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
bumppp

who all is in town right now?

also does anyone wanna play at like 230 today. i got like.... a lot of time to kill til tonight lolol.

Top Bottom