• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

slomo431

Smash Ace
in other words youre not gonna doubt falco for about 2 months or so before you go fox, then marth, then back to your sheik, and then finally back to falco around august

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
i have diddy kong racing if you guys wanna borrow it.
also come to CoC 5 everyone. its the last one this year and we need to have that crew battle. n64, melee, and brawl. do it to it

TheStig

Smash Lord
i don't think i can go on saturday because I have two final exams next week

unless we have money matches then i'm there

TheStig

Smash Lord
i should main random because I play at pro levels with:

jiggly, ics, g&w, ddd, lucario, peach, diddy kong, vince offer, kirby, mk

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
the falco love will never fade.

if falco was a nba player, he'd be kobe. not quite fox(jordan), but still incredible. plus he ***** white chicks.

slomo431

Smash Ace
don't even get me started on lebron he gets so much handed to him it's seriously 2006 wade all over again

slomo431

Smash Ace
crab dribbles. 1.72 fouls per game. missed layup = auto free throws even at the ends of games when no one else gets those cals.

the dude is the best player in the nba right now. but that doesn't mean he isn't getting help

the nba has been fishing so hard for the next jordan it's not even funny. they can't just let stars create their own legend

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
It's an NBA player (an enn bee ae), unless you try to pronounce nba like a word. But that would be silly.

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
lol. you're right, it is an. i forgot about those dumb phonetic rules.

captain falcon reminds me of lebron. henrik's right tho, lbj gets way too many calls.

tonight's game depressed me. brad miller. that unclutch *************************************.

slomo431

Smash Ace
ray i though you said fox was steve nash.

well at least prime steve nash...in dantoni's system...not present day nash

both kill you in seven seconds or less

slomo431

Smash Ace
no way are you gonna tell me jordan got as many calls as lebron does with today's handchecking rules and the bad boys beating the **** out of jordan. the rules nowadays definitely protect slashers one of the reasons why we're seeing driving point guards starting to take over the nba with rondo, rose (when he's on but he's a rookie so inconsistency is expected), dwill, cp3, parker, harris...etc. before, guards would be made to think twice before they pulled **** like that time and time again

that reminds me...one: rondo's face shot to miller was flagrant and two: rose lost us this game and this series in the 4th quarter. i have never been more mad at a bulls player than i was at rose in the 4th quarter. not even at noah and i hate noah. no idea why vdn didn't at least take him out for a minute to calm him down

i was in a smallish class with jeffrey jordan my senior year he's a cool guy and yeah that doesn't really have anything to do with anything

slomo431

Smash Ace
yeah that's one of the reasons why europe and south america and maybe even china are gonna continue to keep catching up to usa basketball. On offense, real basketball skills are just being replaced by a dependence solely on athleticism to get to the basket and scoring up close or working the refs into giving you free points. Guys that are truly good at the lost art of the midrange jumper are falling by the wayside.

Look at the Illini team this year. Talentwise they weren't so great, but they focused so much on fundamentals in the offseason they were beating teams much more athletic than them and even took it down to the wire against MSU at East Lansing. They absolutely demolished a crazy athletic Missouri team. Only reason they lost in the first round of the NCAAs was the loss of Chester Frazier.

Just think if only we could get our crazy athletes to embrace all the facets of the game how much better it'd be to watch.

Edit: wow what the hell am i doing i should be studying i told u guys not to get me started

also: just because women's basketball is limited only to fundamentals doesn't mean they're actually good at them. i just wanted to put that out there because the WNBA needs to fail

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
lol, henrik imploded.

i like the athletic talent of the US, which is why i like the nba more than college. the difference in the level of talent bothers me. still, i think the US is starting to balance out with fundamentals.

ironically, athleticism reminds me of tech skill. i think a lot of ppl with tech skill forget to do basic spacing, tricks, and efficient edgeguarding.

Top Bottom