• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

slomo431

Smash Ace
also half the time going into fox dittos works. half of all foxes hate fox dittos. the other half love them though, so then that doesn't go so well. helps to know who you're fighting

also use stages like brinstar, kongo jungle

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I hate fighting a Marth that knows what he's doing. A friend of mine has a really good Marth and I can't do anything half the time. He punishes my short hop nair approaches, he punishes my spot dodges, and pretty much everything else. He combos me with up throws and up tilts, edgeguards me too easily.

A really good Marth will make you feel helpless and frustrated.

I love Fox dittos.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
why is everyone saying dittoes

hahah yeah fox dittos are totally about how flashy of a grab combo you can pull off, but the people that are really good at them are quite impressive (aka KDJ/Jman)

oh and good news about that ohio tourney is that like since no1 really high ranking (mainly kels) from the circuit went so the placings shouldnt change that much.

sliq went though and so did cosmo i believe?

slomo431

Smash Ace
not always. kdj's dittos vs m2k at mlg ny 2006 were awesome. m2k had better grab combos (especially in the 1st match) but kdj was just getting ridiculous shinespikes (especially in the 2nd and 3rd matches). he only got 1 in the first match but all his full jumping and double jumping around at the end helped him evade m2k and set up openings. sound familiar to anyone? guess which fox i liked better back then.

unfortunately for me, fox is strangely one of the characters i have the most trouble shinespiking. that **** fire burns me since i'm so used to spiking jon with ease. that coupled with me always taking the easy way out of grabs and just upsmashing instead of comboing and you can see why i have so much trouble with dittos. alex if i ever get decent at this game i'm gotta ditto your m2k loving fox and spike it to hell

And yeah it's dittos i had it right in my first post but then matt mindgamed me into adding an e the 2nd time around

brickman

Smash Lord
not always. kdj's dittos vs m2k at mlg ny 2006 were awesome. m2k had better grab combos (especially in the 1st match) but kdj was just getting ridiculous shinespikes (especially in the 2nd and 3rd matches). he only got 1 in the first match but all his full jumping and double jumping around at the end helped him evade m2k and set up openings. sound familiar to anyone? guess which fox i liked better back then.

unfortunately for me, fox is strangely one of the characters i have the most trouble shinespiking. that **** fire burns me since i'm so used to spiking jon with ease. that coupled with me always taking the easy way out of grabs and just upsmashing instead of comboing and you can see why i have so much trouble with dittos. alex if i ever get decent at this game i'm gotta ditto your m2k loving fox and spike it to hell

And yeah it's dittos i had it right in my first post but then matt mindgamed me into adding an e the 2nd time around
I don't think there is anyone who is more shine spike happy than me. That is the only way I think I can kill with fox. Look at any match ever, it's all I do.

slomo431

Smash Ace
yeah i remember that about your fox. everyone seems to think i'm crazy about shinespiking but i'm really not very good at it. except on a few good days. although i wish i was. for some reason people just remember my shinespikes so much more than when say you or alex seem to do it. there is nobody more upsmash happy than me though. look at any match ever. it's all i do.

i logged into my youtube account from oct 07 smash and brickman has 13 of the top 15 most viewed videos i have uploaded...

Alex are you slickwilly102 on youtube by any chance?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
hahah well yeah that was my first account (it was really my brothers/mine when we shared a computer)

but now im dekuschrub on youtube too.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Yep. He beat Jman there. Then the next day he came to Massachusetts for Mass Madness. He came with the New York people that went to both tournaments.

That's dedication.

slomo431

Smash Ace
is he still trying to show everyone he's still the best even when he doesn't use jigglypuff? it's not working. yeah he can still win with other characters but it just seems to stem from his ability to get hits and not so much from knowing the character. Kinda like what the commentators were saying when he was dittoing SS.

what's with this POE commentary? there always seems to be one commentator that's always saying things like "i'm not sure what that was" "oh i think i've heard of that before" "i don't know who this guy is he must have come out of nowhere." Seriously, like no insight given at all.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say there.

Mango wins, therefore he is the best.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
hahaha people make those kinda vids for sc all the time i love them.

and NO JMAN IS THE BEST OMGGG

(actually its still mango.. MAYBE WITH PUFF)

slomo431

Smash Ace
i'm saying he probably would've dominated if he didn't insist on falco i do think he is the best

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
what are you talking about? playing lots of characters makes you better i think...plus you have more counterpick choices

plus mango wasnt trying haha

slomo431

Smash Ace
that wasn't trying **** is lame. it was lame back with isai it's lame now. plus people say he was trying. it seems to me like he was just trying with the wrong character. if he wasn't gonna try after losing the first 2 matches in grand finals then i just lost a lot of respect for the guy. people ripped m2k for doing just that same thing at revival

Top Bottom