• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I played some matches with Yuuno.. And I did pretty well against his Snake. I NEARLY got him good with Link and hoped I'd two stock him but... That fell flat. :(

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sad that the Tri servers are going down, hopefully sometime in the future I can pickup a wiiu and MH3U cheap.

Keith,

Would you and Nick be down to play Tri before the servers go down? I'm gonna ask Thomas if he would want to join in too (no Ramone allowed). I would realllllllly like to get a sub 2 min HR Agnaktor speedrun. Or maybe a 4 man triple dragonator Jhen speedrun. If not either of those, then at least one last duel with DevilJho right?

Ah, we ever get you and Nick the Alatreon's Gleam lance?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Oh wells... It had to happen. It's enough that Capcom was running them servers for free when they were charging **** players. Maybe there'll be a price drop on Wii U soon. Nintendo would love to make an opportunity to undercut Sony and MS. Not sure what the costs are for making Wii U, but considering it's pretty much the first time Nintendo is willing to sell a console at a loss, it must be pretty pricey... But that's tech stuff you probs don't care about. If you have a 3DS, you can get it for that too.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
People don't really realize how much effort they put onto those gaming consoles though. :/

Wii U sales dropped and then the PS Vita over-passed it. Pretty concerning.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
I'm in town from Seattle, anyone want to play some smash??
Txt me 4079259407

-Will

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
People don't really realize how much effort they put onto those gaming consoles though. :/

Wii U sales dropped and then the PS Vita over-passed it. Pretty concerning.
Vita sales went up due to the price drop in Japan. Its still struggling everywhere. Also, it took 3DS 7 months to really set fire in sales, and up until recent, Vita has been moving units at a slow pace. When good software comes out on WiiU, it should sell.Another issue is people buying Nintendo consoles JUST for Nintemdo games or just Smash Bros. That's putting potential support from 3rd parties off and its now ctching up to Nintendo and not in a good way. On the other hand, the indie community has been showing lots of support for 3DS and now WiiU. 5 games were announced this past week.

Pretty exciting.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
To each their own. I just love how Nintendo is the only pure gaming company making consoles and going in their own direction rather than being a follower :3

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Eh true. It just seems quality wise the other companies seem the have better titles.

But then again, i don't play any games besides this (whenever i even play it)

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Kinda. I always liked Sony's 1st party titles. It's clear Nintendo has the most wealth of 1st party titles. Microsoft... has what? Halo, Gears and Fable.. Forza.. And them RARE titles that have gone to complete waste. MS relies heavily on 3rd parties which is really going to bit them in dat ass when Wii U and PS4 will be getting those plus their wealth of in-house games by their respective companies. Oh, except EA not supporting Nintendo over being salty about not having control over Nintendo's online infrastructure to potentially sabotage Activision (since EA competes with CoD with their Battlefield series). Not sure if you followed that ._.

Pretty sad.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I don't know much about consoles. I have yet to try to the Wii U but i've heard decent things.

I guess i just hear more about online play in terms of games.
What good single player games have come out and what console have they been for?

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. This is certainly subjective but I guess any recommendation would be, right?
Ni No Kuni for PS3
Fire Emblem Awakening for 3DS
Metal Gear Rising PS360
Pandora's Tower for Wii
The Last Story for Wii
Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii if you can find it...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm pretty sad that the Tri servers are going down, hopefully sometime in the future I can pickup a wiiu and MH3U cheap.

Keith,

Would you and Nick be down to play Tri before the servers go down? I'm gonna ask Thomas if he would want to join in too (no Ramone allowed). I would realllllllly like to get a sub 2 min HR Agnaktor speedrun. Or maybe a 4 man triple dragonator Jhen speedrun. If not either of those, then at least one last duel with DevilJho right?

Ah, we ever get you and Nick the Alatreon's Gleam lance?
but I'm buying the Wii U version day 1 on Tuesday lol

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
FE Awakening is amazing. I'm on chapter 18 now. But I feel so overwhelmed with all the bonuses and the like. Game is so full of content, it's really astounding. And glad there are some free "DLC" through spotpass. I really want Prince Marth from Shadow Dragon on my team. Prince Marth from the paid DLC is kicking so much ass lol

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I too prefer Advance Wars over Fire Emblem. It was the first Strategy game I've ever played. Favorite being between Black Hole Rising and Days of Ruin.. DoR had such a radical tone >_<;

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm asking because I really want to go. I sound like a broken record asking but I just really really want to go since it is a large tournament and I'd get an all around experience as this would be my first. Of course, I'll be helping out with gas monies... So, is there any possibility I can go with yours?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lol yea **** got kinda real in days of ruin storyline

Also I don't know who's driving from Orlando. I'm going with tampa myself

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
If I went it would be my first tourney offline. It'd be amazing if it was. I just really want to meet Daisy, Weegee, GoG and maaaaaybe yossy.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap.... I just spent 4 hours trying to figure out how to create visible references and a visible list of equations for invisible captions. I am amazed at how little I knew about Microsoft Word prior to editing this thesis.

On that note, I want to leave a message for the smashers who are close to me (Since I don't have facebook and my phone isn't working atm)
I'm pretty much done with my dissertation and I'll be defending on April 4th. I'll also be giving a seminar to the general public on April 5th. Email me or track me through Dems if you want info to attend. Things are winding down and I'll probably be leaving in the summer. Keep your ears to the ground for one last Feeling Fine Time.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Well, it's really the only people I know in the community than anything else. Not like I'm not looking forward to you locals too...

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I just moved (yay).

I don't believe to be as far, but I'm at winter park now. Scratch that, I'm at maitland that's close to winter park.

Edit--
Small Apartment, but there 7 outlets. That's plenty enough 7 wii's and tvs.
So **** it, Vinyl's smashfest coming real soon.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I just moved (yay).

I don't believe to be as far, but I'm at winter park now. Scratch that, I'm at maitland that's close to winter park.

Edit--
Small Apartment, but there 7 outlets. That's plenty enough 7 wii's and tvs.
So **** it, Vinyl's smashfest coming real soon.

I've been asking around for some practice.. Can I practice with yous D:

I already have my car so I can travel. I need to get some practice in before that tourney that's coming up real fast >_<;

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Since I got spring break this week (and I technically own the house while mom and sis's there), You can come up anytime.

Top Bottom