• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
What Origins wasn't bad.
Neither was Xmen 1.

Granted, i never read the comics.
So, i may not know/follow backstories.
I wasn't talking about Origins.

Also, 1 wasn't bad. It wasn't great either. It had some moments though that were like wtf. Ray Park's presence in the movie also made it not that bad. Ray Park is gold.

2 was meh.

3 was fail.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Okay.
I have a final at 11 am.
But i should be out by noon. Noon thirty at the latest.

Any plans on whatcha wanna do?
We'll find out where we can go and smash.
We'll figure something out. Zero Suit Power!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ive driven to atlanta and back in my car 3 times, so i definitely know how it feels to have to hibernate until like midnight-1am. hrnut can attest for this, since hes been on the trip with me all 3 times

unfortunately it really is the most convenient way to go to GA for a tourney, aside from actually flying there/back, but thats alot of money

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Keep in mind jeff, we'd have to drive up to your place and then drive back to where we started.
Hopefully you can get a ride.
And hopefully this argument will wash over by then so i can go to Garbs with you.
I want nothing to do with it :(

and i want to hibernate
but i want even more to smash to get ready, especially if everyone's going to be smashing.
You guys better stay awake, or take shifts.
I don't wanna be the only one awake. It gets boring and lonely fast.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Absolutely 100% not. i have an exam monday. so i have to be able to get to my dorm sunday morning well rested which is not possible if i go to GA.

Gindler

Smash Champion
moderately easy fix, js.

I do kida wana play d-torr+jeff team. Yesssss (in jeff's voice)

Just drink with the cool kids dice.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
well, i have work friday, and then i have to do something in relation to probably washing clothes and/or packing afterwards.

so imma be sleep for part of the drive up there. sorry brah, just being honest. Do what i did...get some gum and put on some music and put in work

anyone want to play wednesday-friday? my diddy needs some lovin...i got some from renki yesterday but i require more minerals

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
As everyone here knows or may not know. I'm not a religous person at all. I'm agnostic. Don't know what to believe.
My father has severe bipolar disorder, drug and alcohol addictions. Bad drugs. Like, heavy stuff.
He's been without family and money for a really long time, falling in and out of jail since i was 12, and he's been trying incredibly hard to help my family in any way possible but he seems to keep falling back into addictions and criminal offenses. His bipolar disorder doesn't help his addiction or the situation, and it REALLY scres me since i have the same mental handicap as him.
He also has some very serious physical infection that started when he shared needles or so he says.
He's been through rehab alot. around 8 times. within the last 6 years. I found out recently that he more than likely has permanent brain damage from all these drugs... and along with having the trouble of currently trying to withdrawl from his pain medications he's been addicted too, he may be damaged enough he is dying. If his drug abusing habits keep up, he won't last more than the next 2 years. I also have a fear the infection could be as deadly as HIV.
It really terrified me to think about this. As much as my father hasn't been there for me in the last 10 years, he's still my dad. I know how much it would hurt my younger sister and 8 year old brother. I'm terrified.

If anyone here is religous.. it would be nice to pray for him.
I just want him to finally be off of this stuff. And get better.
I found this out Sunday morning. Thanks everyone. Sorry if this bothers anyone...
I'm just in serious need of some helping hands and prayers.

Even i found myself praying today. To a god that i don't know if i believe in.

Sorry if this is like, TMI.
I just really had to vent.

gallax

Smash Hero
As everyone here knows or may not know. I'm not a religous person at all. I'm agnostic. Don't know what to believe.
My father has severe bipolar disorder, drug and alcohol addictions. Bad drugs. Like, heavy stuff.
He's been without family and money for a really long time, falling in and out of jail since i was 12, and he's been trying incredibly hard to help my family in any way possible but he seems to keep falling back into addictions and criminal offenses. His bipolar disorder doesn't help his addiction or the situation, and it REALLY scres me since i have the same mental handicap as him.
He also has some very serious physical infection that started when he shared needles or so he says.
He's been through rehab alot. around 8 times. within the last 6 years. I found out recently that he more than likely has permanent brain damage from all these drugs... and along with having the trouble of currently trying to withdrawl from his pain medications he's been addicted too, he may be damaged enough he is dying. If his drug abusing habits keep up, he won't last more than the next 2 years. I also have a fear the infection could be as deadly as HIV.
It really terrified me to think about this. As much as my father hasn't been there for me in the last 10 years, he's still my dad. I know how much it would hurt my younger sister and 8 year old brother. I'm terrified.

If anyone here is religous.. it would be nice to pray for him.
I just want him to finally be off of this stuff. And get better.
I found this out Sunday morning. Thanks everyone. Sorry if this bothers anyone...
I'm just in serious need of some helping hands and prayers.

Even i found myself praying today. To a god that i don't know if i believe in.

Sorry if this is like, TMI.
I just really had to vent.
Praying for you and your dad. So will reebs(my gf). If anything comes up at church when i go on sunday we all got you too.

Btw, dont forget to bring your nice clothes for sunday church in GA!!!

Also, people can come over my place friday anytime after the morning. I may or may not be there pending on this report i have due and car sheee.

Razek

Smash Apprentice
You're lame mink, quit being an attention *****, instead of wasting time for prayers why don't you spend time helping him recover and give him extra hobbies. Instead of playing smash all day go fishing with him.

Also Mink http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism fyi.

PS. As another side note to all smashers, if you were not personally invited to the house, do not come over.

PSS This thread is about emo cry babies and for that -1 respect.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
wow. Well that just happened.

to everyone else thank you very much.
did anyone here want to go to dewdadashes tourney? I didn't realize it was so close.

Razek

Smash Apprentice
This is a SMASH THREAD. I let actions speak louder then words, I have shown no ill will towards Mink. I was just pointing out that instead of being reactive to the situation be proactive. I have personal experience towards this kind of thing.

@2link I"m not doing the most overused stupid thing that seemed to replace the notion of "J/K".

-People have come to our house uninvited, and that is outright rude.
This is no place for religion also. All of you grow up.-

2-DJeff

Smash Master
ill go to dewdadash tourney. aye was is it cool with you if we chilled on friday for a bit before my GA trip? i need some mk practice

gallax

Smash Hero
This is a social thread, hence being located in the social portion of the boards, where posts arent counted. This is a place to talk about anything that you want, including smash. We are often times talking about the best movies or worst movies we've ever seen, good/bad games, animes, hottness of hotties or uglies, etc... These are all topics un-related to smash. By your logic raz we cannot talk about the aforementioned topics in this thread. But we do on countless occasions and its deemed appropriate by the community. Hence I believe talking about religion is fine in this thread.

I understand that you may have an aversion to talking about religion here, and that mink's cry for help bothered you because you believe that he should be pro-active instead of saying beliefs and what-not, but do not presume that you can tell the smash community about what they can or cannot talk about in this thread. And because we are talking about religion and saying that he is on our prayers DOES NOT give you a right to tell us to grow up. If I am mis-understanding your "grow up" statement by thinking it referred to all of us supporting mink by saying we will pray for him then please just say I am wrong. I hope you were referring to growing up in terms of being pro-active about your situation instead of sitting around and whining, which is what I believe you meant because I know you well enough.

Btw, Love ya Raz :cool:

gallax

Smash Hero
Thers always drama somehow. We are the drinkers the smash community. Drama comes with drinking. But not so much with smoking. Raz must be sober right now, or at least when he posted his stuff. He usually doesnt give a ****!!!

Top Bottom