• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Justin wong
IFC yipes
Sanford (santhrax) kelly
Chris Schmidt
Chunksta
Mike Chaos
Khaos
ChaosNightwolf
Fantique
Neo
j360
clockwork
clockw1se
DSP
Potter
jigawig
Matrix
Josh wigfall
Megaman DS
VDO
Duc
Dark prince aka Duc Junior
Smooth viper
Cable guy aka Mr clipz
soo mighty
joe zaza
Bucket head
Finesse
mitsu
Rattana
VegetaX
magnetro
unblockable laser
Regencey Rob
Desmond
rowtron
mikeZ
Crizzel
Demon Hyo
Toan
Romento
Murakomo(best Dhalsim) IMO manetro is up there tho
Xecutioner (from the Arc)
Mike ross( he plays ssf4 now)
Striderz(he records now plays somtimes)
Reset
Aimir
BBHOOD (best BBHOOD beat fantiq)
wes
Wezalsaurs
Mixup
Logik
i can even still go on but i prove my point but how about that MM?
and yea imma give 3 a chance just not gonna be as hype
o and me and 187 could be on that list considering the fact we beat some of those players but wen never been to a national nor placed top 8 in them

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
i can even still go on
Ok, keep naming them.

What will money matching me prove? That you have a bruised ego right now? That you are feeling butthurt? That our logical arguments are overwhelming you?

Oh snap...! My girlfriend's cat just said "Character balance is important in making a game more competitive!" Want to money match the cat?

Ah fvck it, what an abortion. Back to lurking.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
There's more to a game then just combos

Tekken has combos too, but that's not what makes that game. Lots of people look down on this game.

TvC has even more combos.... and guess what. That game look down upon even worse.

Combos =/= competitive
the combos are not legit in brawl.. there are some but like you gotta be at low precent. and even then the oppnet could just DI or air dodge the next attack which is dumb i mean thats one of the reasons y i picked up IC but i guess im trying to say is when you hit some1 most of the time the next hit isnt guarantee and you can put alot of money on the line for that. Tvc is a game with charaters that was never known in ppls heads and most player such as mvc2 players didnt like it because the button setup and the assist setup is not that good.. tekken on the other hand idk about every1 else but i dnt like it cause its slow and its 3d the only 3d fighting game i like is DOA because its sum wat more fast paste in tag mode than other 3d fighters i like brawl because it a good way to read ppl and i see that game as all about punishing i like tvc btw i think it looks tight

B_AWAL

Smash Master
2 questions....

1. Any tournies 2morrow?

2. Where is club VAIN @? I hav 2 dj there 2morrow & dey paid me but I can't contact em =(

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Ok, keep naming them.

What will money matching me prove? That you have a bruised ego right now? That you are feeling butthurt? That our logical arguments are overwhelming you?

Oh snap...! My girlfriend's cat just said "Character balance is important in making a game more competitive!" Want to money match the cat?
no your acting like i dnt know anything about the game and since you are acting like this how about we money match and ill beat you with low tier vs high since ur bring somthing stupid like that up. not im not butthurt your just salty cause u got showed up:cool:
you better get an ego check and a azz check be for you assume mines is hurt lol NO HOMO THO lol
zerounderone man you know me and my life guy i wanna hear what else happen in mylife plz tell me lol

2-DJeff

Smash Master
this...is...about brawl....
i was just talking to D-tor about somthing cause we always talk about things like this and or opinons and zero jumped into it no worries tho im not tripping and i dnt think D-tor is either because like i said we always have this kinds of convos and i respect his opinion.. IDk if he respects mines tho xD lol but yea its cool tho

@fear the cat would kick my *** lol

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
the combos are not legit in brawl..
I never said they were

What I said was

Combos =/= competitive

there are some but like you gotta be at low precent. and even then the oppnet could just DI or air dodge the next attack which is dumb i mean thats one of the reasons y i picked up IC but i guess im trying to say is when you hit some1 most of the time the next hit isnt guarantee and you can put alot of money on the line for that.
It's not dumb. It's Brawl. I've learned to embrace the game for what it is.

It's not Melee. It's not SSFIV. It's not Tekken. It's not Marvel. It's Brawl.

Tvc is a game with charaters that was never known in ppls heads and most player such as mvc2 players didnt like it because the button setup and the assist setup is not that good..
TvC's button setup is similar to Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. You can argue about BlazBlue being good or not, but Guilty Gear is virtually heralded as one of, if not, the most balanced fighting game series to date. MvC2 players not liking it due to the button setup is just an excuse and laziness on their part.

Also, the fact that they don't know who the members are Tatsunoko are is not a good excuse either. Melty Blood was generally unknown but during the past couple years, it's drawn a scene, even landing on the EVO roster for 2010.

I will say this though. MvC2 does indeed have more depth than TvC. That's due to TvC having universal air-dash, burst system (although I do like burst system), and no tech rolling.

tekken on the other hand idk about every1 else but i dnt like it cause its slow and its 3d the only 3d fighting game i like is DOA because its sum wat more fast paste in tag mode than other 3d fighters
To each his own.

Tekken is built as a simulation fighter. It's purpose as a series was to mirror real life martial arts. In the more recent Tekkens have catered to the combo as juggling is a big factor now.

DOA is a really good game series, but I feel 4 was not developed as well as DOA2/Ultimate or 3. Tecmo is catering too much to physics and graphics instead of the core engine lately, ever since DOA Volleyball. It's nice to the eyes however :awesome:

i like brawl because it a good way to read ppl and i see that game as all about punishing
We're glad to have you and your brother in the community. You're getting good with ICs and Solomon too with Wario. Keep it up.

TL;DR - Everyone should play Bloody Roar.

Edit:

i was just talking to D-tor about somthing cause we always talk about things like this and or opinons and zero jumped into it no worries tho im not tripping and i dnt think D-tor is either because like i said we always have this kinds of convos and i respect his opinion.. IDk if he respects mines tho xD lol but yea its cool tho
Yeah man, I respect your opinion. Debates are fun.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I never said they were

What I said was

Combos =/= competitive

It's not dumb. It's Brawl. I've learned to embrace the game for what it is.

It's not Melee. It's not SSFIV. It's not Tekken. It's not Marvel. It's Brawl.

TvC's button setup is similar to Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. You can argue about BlazBlue being good or not, but Guilty Gear is virtually heralded as one of, if not, the most balanced fighting game series to date. MvC2 players not liking it due to the button setup is just an excuse and laziness on their part.

Also, the fact that they don't know who the members are Tatsunoko are is not a good excuse either. Melty Blood was generally unknown but during the past couple years, it's drawn a scene, even landing on the EVO roster for 2010.

I will say this though. MvC2 does indeed have more depth than TvC. That's due to TvC having universal air-dash, burst system (although I do like burst system), and no tech rolling.

To each his own.

Tekken is built as a simulation fighter. It's purpose as a series was to mirror real life martial arts. In the more recent Tekkens have catered to the combo as juggling is a big factor now.

DOA is a really good game series, but I feel 4 was not developed as well as DOA2/Ultimate or 3. Tecmo is catering too much to physics and graphics instead of the core engine lately, ever since DOA Volleyball. It's nice to the eyes however :awesome:

We're glad to have you and your brother in the community. You're getting good with ICs and Solomon too with Wario. Keep it up.

TL;DR - Everyone should play Bloody Roar.

Edit:

$10

Yeah man, I respect your opinion. Debates are fun.
DUDE YEA thats the other 3D game i loved BLODDY ROAR i loved that Kat Chick i only played her and DOA yea i ment to say DOA 3 my bad i love DOA3 but your right ont The TVC fact ppl are lazy to just learn new buttons but i love watching that game even tho i nver played it in my life and i wouldnt mind playing it either it looks fun especially ZERO and you think Guilty Gear is the most balanced? wow d-tor you upset me Balanced brawl is the most balanced game :awesome: jk lol but nah i nvr played it... i wouldnt know i just dont like the way it looks i guess... same with blazblu but fearless plays that lol.. and thanks man Debates are fun.. exept when i get told im butt hurt lmao lol but no forreal tho dude its chill zero its no that serious and it reall was for $2000(in player bets) side bets added up to like $10'000

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
exept when i get told im butt hurt lmao lol but no forreal tho dude its chill zero its no that serious
I don't mean to disrespect, not sure why you started talking about your life. I've been typing drunk from lazy moon this whole time and you confused the hell out of me. Raz can confirm. But I'm starting to see what Gallax was saying about you being hyper-defensive.
and it reall was for $2000(in player bets)
Nah, it wasn't. Shoryuken.com for source.
Thread: http://shoryuken.com/f2/dark-prince-vs-clockwork-videos-129197/ <~~ $3000 total is mentioned like 20 times.
Video by Mike Ross showing rules agreements and total ($3000): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2QB4F6R3Xo
How can Mike Ross be wrong?
side bets added up to like $10'000
Where did you pull $10,000 from?
Just sayin'

I still want to see the rest of that list.
Chris Schmidt and I actually grew up in the same town =) and Zaza has wrecked me with his wolv/wolv/gamb team.

OK now can we talk about JB Gamer?
Gogo

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I don't mean to disrespect, not sure why you started talking about your life. I've been typing drunk from lazy moon this whole time and you confused the hell out of me. Raz can confirm. But I'm starting to see what Gallax was saying about you being hyper-defensive.

Nah, it wasn't. Shoryuken.com for source.
Thread: http://shoryuken.com/f2/dark-prince-vs-clockwork-videos-129197/ <~~ $3000 total is mentioned like 20 times.
Video by Mike Ross showing rules agreements and total ($3000): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2QB4F6R3Xo
How can Mike Ross be wrong?

Where did you pull $10,000 from?
Just sayin'

I still want to see the rest of that list.
Chris Schmidt and I actually grew up in the same town =) and Zaza has wrecked me with his wolv/wolv/gamb team.

Gogo
my fault i was thinking toan vs fantiq on that 10,000 but it was 2000$ the othe thousand came from side bets Dark prince even said in the vid 'who ever betted on me lets go over her and get hype"
But you could say its 3000$ but it really wasnt because Dark prince only gave him 2000$ ask mike ross if yourself.. its just like that toan vs fanatq match i was talking about they money match for like 6'500 i believe and the total was 26'000 because of side bets and toan only got 13'000 out of it.... so i guess yea your right but still i dnt get how im butt hurt on it...im not scared to admi that im wrong.. and as for the list find ppl yourself... ill still Money match you tho ill give you a 5 game head start.. i suck man.. its a free 200$
yea i am hyper defensive to ppl that i dont know.. better than resorting to most ppl do and try to fight about it and i dnt go that road fighting over video games is not my style like i like to debate and analys things with dtor which is cool because its fun to talk about but thats it
ive seen those b4 but i was told about it by jig b4 it came out
ive beatin bucket head and fantiq jigawig..... josh 360 mixup, romneto in freindlys online before and romneto *** up my made up team gam sent commando and 1 game with my rowtron on youtube b4 but it was a long time ago and my sent is bad ask 187 he will never get off my case about it

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... 5 game head start eh? I'll think about it. How about $5? I only play casually, but maybe if I train with H5G a bit... I might have a chance.

(I knew about the side bets, you're right. But we have to troll and make drama because it is the only thing fearless can jerk off too anymore. Why do you think he is up right now reading our posts.)

<3 fearless

Exdeath

Smash Master
the combos are not legit in brawl.. there are some but like you gotta be at low precent. and even then the oppnet could just DI or air dodge the next attack which is dumb i mean thats one of the reasons y i picked up IC but i guess im trying to say is when you hit some1 most of the time the next hit isnt guarantee and you can put alot of money on the line for that. Tvc is a game with charaters that was never known in ppls heads and most player such as mvc2 players didnt like it because the button setup and the assist setup is not that good.. tekken on the other hand idk about every1 else but i dnt like it cause its slow and its 3d the only 3d fighting game i like is DOA because its sum wat more fast paste in tag mode than other 3d fighters i like brawl because it a good way to read ppl and i see that game as all about punishing i like tvc btw i think it looks tight
The early percent combos benefit general game knowledge and later percent combos benefit player aptitude/intelligence. Both contribute to game depth.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
The early percent combos benefit general game knowledge and later percent combos benefit player aptitude/intelligence. Both contribute to game depth.
This is a general statement that can be said about just about everygame out there. How does that make them "legit" specific to brawl? Have you even played any other competitive fighters. I bet you can't even name ten.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Legit brawl combos? That depends whether you're factoring in specific DI, default DI or likely DI. I'm sure I could name more than 10...

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
God, I miss Smashing in Orlando sometimes. If only it was a PC game, they might play it here in Korea...sometimes I think about buying a wii and smash here, but the idea of playing alone is depressing. Maybe I could spend the solo smash time practicing something ridiculous, like the IC chainthrow...

gallax

Smash Hero
I'll take "things that are so easy, my dead grandma can perform them" for a $1000 please

What is a legit brawl combo.

Can you name 10 more?
OMG!!!! Jay you r my freaking hero right not. Haha. Gallax Trebek. Lol. You win hands down.

But, lemme see what i can come up with there"

1.) Pikachu- Fthrow>Usmash early percents

2.) MK- Uair>uair>uair>uair>shuttloop/tornado/nair starting below 10%

3.) Luigi- Jab>upb on dedede after 70% guaranteed baby!!

4.) Falco- Dthrow>dair before like 40%

5.) Diddy Kong- Banana>combo any percent biatch

6.) Sheik- Ftilt>any tilt before high percents

7.) Cant

8.) Name

9.) Any

10.) MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom