• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
happy bday eddie!

for those of you who miss my falco ego, im going to wato today

i want to go to the ucf area after (raz ty garb jay sup) and spend the night (for real this time)

Exdeath

Smash Master
CFL needs to start hosting Random Doubles/Singles. Fear and I went to SFL yesterday and those were very fun and good for practice.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Fear some work in SFL. He had very close sets with Seibrik and Nick Riddle and he wrecked DFEAR and Xaltis in tournament.

On a separate note,would everyone be willing to contribute enough gas money (~$25 per person for four passengers -- $40 including tournament fees and the like and make a sandwich at home so that you don't need to buy food) so that CFL could have reliable transportation to SFL. I already spend about that much on gas money to Orlando, so I'm interested and I'm sure that GDX would be. Are there two other people willing to do that?

zazen

Smash Rookie
i wanna start going to sfl more, had a great time

and gdx you didnt answer when i was passing ur place

-fear

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i wanna start going to sfl more, had a great time

and gdx you didnt answer when i was passing ur place

-fear
ooooh, THATS why you called me at 6 something AM

i called you back at like 8:30 but i didnt get an answer :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Fear some work in SFL. He had very close sets with Seibrik and Nick Riddle and he wrecked DFEAR and Xaltis in tournament.

On a separate note,would everyone be willing to contribute enough gas money (~$35 per person for four passengers -- $50 including tournament fees and the like; make a sandwich at home and food costs can help cover that) so that CFL could have reliable transportation to SFL. I already spend about that much on gas money to Orlando, so I'm interested and I'm sure that GDX would be. Are there two other people willing to do that?
you definitely dont need 35 dollars of gas per person with 4 passengers to go from orlando to SFL and back. 35 is about a full tank, which is what it takes to get there. you need about 60-70 for roundtrip, which is about 15 per passenger (which is why i charged 15 when i drove to SFL tourneys all the time)

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.

On a separate note,would everyone be willing to contribute enough gas money (~$35 per person for four passengers -- $50 including tournament fees and the like; make a sandwich at home and food costs can help cover that) so that CFL could have reliable transportation to SFL. I already spend about that much on gas money to Orlando, so I'm interested and I'm sure that GDX would be. Are there two other people willing to do that?
35 each? Seems a bit too much.
It's around 210(420 round trip) miles to Zero Ping
If your car gets 10 mpg (hope you don't take a car that has that mpg, it's just worst case scenario thing and gas is around 2.90 sooo

(420/10) * 2.9 = $121.8 => $24.36 each

edit: **** gdx beat me to it

Exdeath

Smash Master
That was a mistype haha; I meant $25. It certainly isn't $15 though. I wouldn't be the person driving down; I was just asking because I talked to someone about it and I figured that I may as well ask.

Renki

Smash Journeyman
My car takes about 25-30 dollars to fill up and gets like 28-30 miles to the gallon. 60 would get me to and from sfl, but then there's tolls as well. =)

15 each from 4 people would do it for me if we're just talking about gas. Just saying. =)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
theres barely any tolls. just the tolls while on the 417 to get to i-95 south, which are probably like 5-10 bucks for the entire roundtrip

only fools take the turnpike down there. thats like 30 bucks roundtrip in tolls alone.

whenever i go to SFL im fine with putting down 15 for gas and putting up my sunpass for tolls. Sure, i end up paying more than everyone else, but if i were driving id be using the sunpass anyway

but it doesnt matter, cause after i fix my car again im not even sure if i want to drive it long distances like that again. I dont have a random 800 dollars to blow on my car that often

Edit: I think ill have a day off of work this week. Ill let you guys know so i can play someone. Because i want to play really badly after figuring out what i need to do

Renki

Smash Journeyman
Tolls are tolls. Money is money. :p *Goes black*

I don't personally think I'd be making that trip often anyways. I'm fine as I am with playing CFL, but then SFL might just stop coming up for our tourneys.

CFL's solid enough though. ;)

nevershootme

Smash Master
as for a possible SFL trip, I think i can carpool at least 2-3 this weekend or next weekend. keep in mind you will be staying in SFL for the entire weekend at my house (my parents are cool with guests staying over) for delivering stuff from CFL to SFL.

This weekend since it's memorial day i can go down on Saturday and returning Tuesday, highly doubt that since it's NLL.

next weekend it's from Friday-Sunday. but that's CEO weekend

next available SFL trip is June 18th and it's from Friday-Sunday. ZP Monthy will be happening

you can drive down to Melbourne and I can carpool the rest from there. therefore you're only driving 1 hour

I live 5 minutes to Seibrik, ESAM, and Nick Riddle....

all I need from u is gas money and keep me entertained from being bored...

Top Bottom