• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
I got 9th.
Lost to Halberd \ Cuban.

I gave this game a legit last try, but losing to people running away and spamming safe moves is more than aggravating (halberd safe dair to tornado approaches, cuban arrowing from the ledge).

I'll only play if gallax will teach me stuff :D. Playing everyone else doesn't really teach me much.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I got 9th.
Lost to Halberd \ Cuban.

I gave this game a legit last try, but losing to people running away and spamming safe moves is more than aggravating (halberd safe dair to tornado approaches, cuban arrowing from the ledge).

I'll only play if gallax will teach me stuff :D. Playing everyone else doesn't really teach me much.
I'm sorry I dont teach you anything.. :(

_Dice

Smash Ace
I got 9th.
Lost to Halberd \ Cuban.

Lost to cuban too. did super well first match and then my own lack of experience kicked in and got wrecked to multiple suicides second match (and lost to a suicide first map).

I think it's because you play olimar to the other stuff, i mean olimar is one of the most annoying characters to try to approach, and if i had a super safe approach or projectile i'd just use that as well.

gallax

Smash Hero
I got 9th.
Lost to Halberd \ Cuban.

I will teach you. Ima go through some richbrown vids and see what he does and then pass it on to you. I hear he camps pretty hard.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I got 9th.
Lost to Halberd \ Cuban.

That sucks Fear. Don't you wish everyone played like us?

Only in a perfect world.

gallax

Smash Hero
Ive seen yo camp pretty hard with zss b4 dtorr, with ur sideb's and nuetralb's and dsmash's, just waiting for ur opponent to approach. Its the same as camping with pikmin or grenades or lasers.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Kyon, we've played out the same match for 2 years now. It's just about whoever's playing better. The results of our matches are dependant on who's running into the other's killing moves that day.

I want to keep playing brawl tournaments simply because it's where the scene is at, but the game just isn't that fun to play.

@Gallax do just that. I'll still mess around with Olimar but matchups be pissin me off yo

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Ive seen yo camp pretty hard with zss b4 dtorr, with ur sideb's and nuetralb's and dsmash's, just waiting for ur opponent to approach. Its the same as camping with pikmin or grenades or lasers.
Considering all my moves are unsafe, I'm technically not camping at all. Every character can grab me out of side b. You don't know how many times I've approached then jump away from someone only for the opponent to grab me out of my jump.

I'm not complaining about it, and I never will, but to compare ZSS's moveset with Snake and Falco's, two matchups she loses to, is beyond me.

Caps05

Smash Cadet
Considering all my moves are unsafe, I'm technically not camping at all. Every character can grab me out of side b. You don't know how many times I've approached then jump away from someone only for the opponent to grab me out of my jump.

I'm not complaining about it, and I never will, but to compare ZSS's moveset with Snake and Falco's, two matchups she loses to, is beyond me.
This.

I've learned to just not complain too hard when someone destroys my sideb with a smash or a grab. Or when i upb to the ledge and it not connect, or tease by connecting the dislatching, just because the other charcter was looking at the ledge at the time.

Snake is still a ***** but its manageable, and i've learned the falco match pretty well.

Caps05

Smash Cadet
Falco?

Just go jigglypuff :troll:

But seriously.

go jigglypuff. Better matchup. And it's fun.
Im not too worried about the Falco matchup really. Its about spacing and forcing him to attack and then comes in hard reads/predictions. If you are facing a campy falco then you have to space perfectly and send him off the ledge and try to capitalize on his recovery options. Thats how i do it and ive actually beat a good share of falcos in tournament. I think Fox is a worse matchup personaly.

Exdeath

Smash Master

Just because it's ineffective doesn't mean that it isn't camping.

:059:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm coming mike

And ill teach pit to people. I can try to pick up jiggs but just ask mink lol

If anyone still wants to play me on a weekday after work (from about 9pm to 1am) just text me that day or something

Dice where you stay? If its close I can prob get you

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'm coming mike

And ill teach pit to people. I can try to pick up jiggs but just ask mink lol

If anyone still wants to play me on a weekday after work (from about 9pm to 1am) just text me that day or something
I'm down to teach anyone about jiggs.
I still need to tweak it to be scary.

And it'd be cool to smash during the week gdx. I'll see what days i'm up there and i'll hit you up.

gallax

Smash Hero
Sweet. I want more people!!!

Oh and im going to be livestreaming at dis. I need a partner in crime for commentating...whos down?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'd be down for commentating. Haha.
But unfortunately alot of people outrank me in knowledge of the players.

I merely know smash knowledge in itself.
I do have an awesome manly voice for radio.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ok I can give you a ride Saturday dice. Send me your address and phone number. I'll text you what time sat morning

And yea mink lemme know

_Dice

Smash Ace
Ok I can give you a ride Saturday dice. Send me your address and phone number. I'll text you what time sat morning

And yea mink lemme know
Everywhere on campus has the same address, 4000 Central Florida Blvd. But pretty much if you are coming from university you turn right/south on gemini and follow until the gym and then turn into the parking lot across from the gym. thats immediately next to my building. 9048060407 is my phone number though.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Im not too worried about the Falco matchup really. Its about spacing and forcing him to attack and then comes in hard reads/predictions. If you are facing a campy falco then you have to space perfectly and send him off the ledge and try to capitalize on his recovery options. Thats how i do it and ive actually beat a good share of falcos in tournament. I think Fox is a worse matchup personaly.
uhhh falco beats up on zss for the most part... and can you list some of the "good" FL falcos you have beaten in tourney? Cause i dont buy what your saying.

Minks knows the zss falco mu well and probly for sure better then you but i dont know your smash history.

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
uhhh falco beats up on zss for the most part... and can you list some of the "good" FL falcos you have beaten in tourney? Cause i dont buy what your saying.

Minks knows the zss falco mu well and probly for sure better then you but i dont know your smash history.
this is why most gaming communities suck... blatant disrespect for people who you don't know

no need to be f*cking rude dude. Honestly the whole bold is totally unnecessary but I'm content that you put the underlined part.

He does play hr all the time and sometimes he goes falco and hr's falco is pretty beast.

I'm not here to deny or back up caps skill against falco cuz I have seen him play against one but his zss is legit. All I 'm doing is well..... just saying.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
He was telling you not to be rude and that part of your post he did agree with. You don't have to be a dyck. All he's saying is don't judge someone you haven't played. Lack of a background in smash is a good point but it doesn't mean they suck and you can't make that assumption based off of one post.

Look at Jerz. No one knew who he was (d-torr's queue to enter) and his 2nd tourney he comes in and wrecks.
All i'm saying.

You cojld think twice about the way you word things and the way you say things on smashboards.
Don't be a jeff ;)
Golden Rule man.

_Dice

Smash Ace
He was telling you not to be rude and that part of your post he did agree with. You don't have to be a dyck. All he's saying is don't judge someone you haven't played. Lack of a background in smash is a good point but it doesn't mean they suck and you can't make that assumption based off of one post.

Look at Jerz. No one knew who he was (d-torr's queue to enter) and his 2nd tourney he comes in and wrecks.
All i'm saying.

You cojld think twice about the way you word things and the way you say things on smashboards.
Don't be a jeff ;)
Golden Rule man.
pretty sure redhalbred was the same way with being unknown (but talking crap on the forums) and then came to an event and wrecked.

also he said a good share of falcos and not good falcos. come on. :/ if your going to use quotes and try to down talk someone get their words right.

CAPS ftw.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Lack of a background in smash is a good point but it doesn't mean they suck and you can't make that assumption based off of one post.

umm yeah never said he sucked i questioned his falco exp.

p
also he said a good share of falcos and not good falcos. come on. :/ if your going to use quotes and try to down talk someone get their words right.

CAPS ftw.

also i asked what "good" falcos he beat. I see what you think i did but thats not what it means.

Get off my jock ftw...

Caps05

Smash Cadet

BAWWWWWWWW, I am upset.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Mink is gonna step in here and say nothing that happens to the remainder of this discussion/argument/thing mink is held viable for.

I'm going to go eat at a restaraunt by myself

get at me!

please.

Top Bottom