• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uc2m: 9/6/08. We Need Equipment!

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
Alright yo. Next tournament will be the 23rd. Yea, I'm keeping up with the biweekly 'cause I don't have a life. Besides, I think another crew from Fresno might show up if I hold it. This also gives me 2 weeks to advertise on campus, and if I'm not lazy we could get a real bracket this time. That would be sweet, eh?

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
About how many entrants were there? I'll come to the next one, but only if turnout is good cuz it is a 3 hour drive to UCM from Davis. But I like the fact that it's easier to move around campus with a car at UC Merced.

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
About how many entrants were there?
About 12. It ended up kinda small 'cause fresno didn't make it I didn't advertise as well on campus.

I'll come to the next one, but only if turnout is good cuz it is a 3 hour drive to UCM from Davis.
It's 2 hours. Take 80 East to 99 South. My personal best time was 1:45 with no traffic (but you probably know that the 80 junction ALWAYS has traffic). Round up some smashers and get gas money.

Xilo, we could do it in modesto, but I've been in touch with some people in fresno (not the normal people) and they've expressed interest in Merced the 23rd.

MacD

Banned via Administration
hmmm, well, 23rd would be nicer in modesto so i could come, i have rehersals till like 1 then i could get to clix in like 20-25 min

it would take like 40-50+ min to get to merced and if i have work i couldn't go to merced

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
I've been wanting to play pink shinobi
Well, it would seem that Merced is more of a viable option for him. Not to mention everyone else from Fresno that could benefit from a driving time about half. I guess I can see you guys in Modesto having a problem 'cause no one drives except Lumpy, but he said he's coming so I guess it's not really a problem then eh?

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
lol i was confused because he said the phrase "something came up" but i didn't think that meant that something allowed him to be here in merced, lol.

So xilo, you guys coming? this is probably the last melee tournament i'll hold ever, we'll all move on to brawl once it comes out.

Miztik

Smash Master
Macd your peach isnt even that good ill peach ditto you haha NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marth destroys your peach and you know it cuz F-Smash>D-Smash

MacD

Banned via Administration
Macd your peach isnt even that good ill peach ditto you haha NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marth destroys your peach and you know it cuz F-Smash>D-Smash
you are quite right sir, the tennis raquet is a great killer when someone is recovering cause it should knock them down, the golf club with a good hit should send them flying, and at low damage, the frying pan is a great way to start a combo

the problem is the randomness of each of these so it is hard to make it super useful

edit: quite right about the second part, the first one is all lies untill the not ;)

meep FTA

Smash Journeyman
hey pink shinobi. wanna pick me and KFC up on the way to merced?? hmm?? stockton is on the way. indeed. trust me. we'll tell u jokes and ghost stories

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
hey pink shinobi. wanna pick me and KFC up on the way to merced?? hmm?? stockton is on the way. indeed. trust me. we'll tell u jokes and ghost stories
I hella would (cuz I've been dying to play this KFC), but I'm leaving for Fresno on Thursday night. T_T I'm visiting family for that weekend, so that's why I'm able to attend the tourney at UCM. I'm vewwy sawwy...:urg:

maybe modesto folk will be willing to pick you all up. ^_^ Too bad, I won't get to hear the ghost stories. :(

Top Bottom