• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uc2m: 9/6/08. We Need Equipment!

Miztik

Smash Master
Dang, my house last night was fun, hahaha. JR ended up sleeping in my bed though -_-.

I'm gonna upload Park scratching on the QFO later on tonight to my youtube account.
Dude it was hella fun at your house and scratchin was hella sick i want to do it again but man we gots to do that again and next time i wanna team with jr and play some pong lol

btw your house is so ****ing awsome

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
As far as jmic's house goes, yes, it is quite awesome. I have so many memories I can't remember there, lol.

Since Merced and Modesto are alternating between tournaments, coupled with the fact that we don't want to intrude on NCB, I might have to change these to monthlies. We'll see, though.

jmic

Smash Ace
Yeah, sounds like a good idea to alternate who travels where, so it's definitely a good idea. I can't wait until next time. It's fun smashing with other people.

Miztik

Smash Master
yea it was fun smashing with you guys the modesto tourney for the 15th you got to bring MomoRaine and them with you

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
I heard JR got pretty messed up. That's awesome.

Anyway, since NCB happens every other week, and we are trying to stagger our tournaments with theirs, I might have to change it to monthlies. So the pattern would be:

NCB
Modesto Monthly
NCB
Merced Monthly

Another thing to consider is that a lot of the regulars at NCB would probably not want to have to drive for 2 hours to a smaller tournament such as UCM's. However, I wouldn't want to run a tournament 2 weeks in a row then hold off the next two then repeat. Also, I don't know how many Mercedians would want to drive 2 hours for a NCB either, nor do I know the schedule of the Modesto smashers.

This creates a case where I COULD hold the biweeklies the same time as NCB, and have it more for the valley smashers, then modesto could hold their monthlies in the downtime. What do you guys think?

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
that works for me, just never expect the baysians to show up to ucm

also, I seem to be the only way for modesto people to go for now, and I may not always be able to go, I spent a lot of money this time, so Iunno

plus, I need to get saturdays off, and I want to go to the ncb's a few times

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao we have like 9 weeks till brawl is released so *shrug* i'll go to whatever.

lmao, i don't even have a wii yet. that means i have 9 weeks to get 300 bucks without a job, lolz.

from now on i'm accepting donations for choknater's getting a wii and brawl, LloLOOLLO.

(this means i have to win some tournaments. that should be easy enough. :))

CMan721

Smash Cadet
ahhh looks like jimbo missed out on a historic ucm tourney.. i went to LA for the weekend

Next time, i suppose.. its been hella days since i've seen fta and company

Miztik

Smash Master
lmao we have like 9 weeks till brawl is released so *shrug* i'll go to whatever.

lmao, i don't even have a wii yet. that means i have 9 weeks to get 300 bucks without a job, lolz.

from now on i'm accepting donations for choknater's getting a wii and brawl, LloLOOLLO.

(this means i have to win some tournaments. that should be easy enough. :))
lol easy enough to win tourneys that what you said bout the modesto tourney it was gunna be easy money

also why dont you get a job so you dont need donations ima start lookin for a job so i can get a wii and brawl

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
I really need to get more of the Merced people playing. Seems like we made a poor showing last time, where there was more Modesto people than Merced people playing.

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
****, I'm sorry that my midterms and homework took up most of my time this last week. I need to get my priorities straight.

Miztik

Smash Master
yea you guys do need to get more merced smashers it was bad that us 5 from modesto out numbered you guys at your tourney but hey its all good it was still fun

MacD

Banned via Administration
assuming the next one is when i think it is, i am going, the 27th, if it is opposite everytihng else

ooopp, jk, i forgot, i think i am going down south to look at riverside and other colleges that weekend ;)

MacD

well, i am probably going to see what UCM looks lkke at a tourny that i go to

but i am going down south, probaby LA area stuff

MacD

well yes and no, today i was free until about late cause i ahve work at 6

i mean come on
school+hw+extra currecular activities+college stuff+work+other activities=not much time

i do have time, just not noramlly when you all do :/

CMan721

Smash Cadet
i have some good news and bad news

the bad news is, my DK is just as good as my falco
the good news is, I just saved a TON of money on my car insurance

btw i challenge all- from pauk, fta, and turlock crew- to money matches, $5 a game, next tourney.

Miztik

Smash Master
Hey Jimbo there is another Modesto crew as well

Perfect Kaos

Me-Miztik
Jamie-Park
Edy-Obslete Death

MacD

so if i an the turlock crew, who are my 5 peeps, lets see, if i had to pic

peach
samus
climbers (orange so i control nana)
zelda (FTW)
and, idk, there aren't any more girls, how about, maybe like doc i guess

jmic

Smash Ace
Ooooooooga booga. Bump for good measure.

Jmic combo =

Auto-cancelled stomp + Perfect Falcon Kick + moonwalk + Taunt

In any particular order. Man I need to make a video of my Falcon tech skills. =]

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
jimbo sheik vs dk lets go

my sheik = my ic's and i didnt even want it to be that way. so i know how u feel and why its 'bad news' >_____<

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
****, this month is gonna be tough.

10/13 - Modesto Brawl Monthlie
10/20 - Family Weekend at UCM
10/27- UC Crew battle/My niece's christening

Not sure when I can hold the UCM tourny. Maybe the 20th if I can get out of Family Weekend soon enough. I'm not sure if Jmic has plans that day, however, seeing as he's an important part of campus, lol. The 27th as well seems to be out of the picture for me, I'm going to San Diego.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
it's easy. you can just create a random bracket and seed it manually (the auto-seeding is made for huge tournaments... and even then, adjustments are made.) just plug in the entrants, whether they paid or not, create bracket, and drag + drop to seed. double click their names on the bracket if they win ^_^

you can also drag and drop to switch people up in the 2nd/3rd rounds and so on. that's for if people are playing each other from the same area.

jmic

Smash Ace
That's all I needed to know! I remember Park and HMW were in a silly bracket together and I had no idea how to change it.

So yeah. Sweet. Now I just need a working laptop. My internal power thingie is messed up because someone tripped over my cord. =[

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
**** you, SOMEONE! The auto seeding is stupid. Lunin helped us out with the TapEx tourney. Basically, the seeds need to be as far apart on the brackets as possible in the beginning. Then sort for location/crew whatever.

Top Bottom