• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- U.F.B. Crew Thread - IT'S ALIVE IT'S ALIVE!!!!! "ROLL 'EM UP" DEC. 21

Roxas215

Smash Lord
How did u guys do at that mvc3 tourney?
Didn't get a chance to enter singles cause tusm/terrance/steph lost in mvc3 teams and the tournament was running slow so they decided to leave. I wanted to stay and enter but i left with them.

I went back today though and got ton of friendlies in with the pros there and i won more then i loss. Im better then i thought(Although it could of been people just dont know how to fighter against spencer yet)

Andy G was there. He went 1-2 against emp remix(Who is REALLY GOOD) And probably could of win but he said he couldn't land Quarter Circle forward which he thinks was due to the converter he was using. I went 2-2 with Andy when i played him so yea i probably am good enough to compete in tournaments. Ill go to the next one thats close and see how i do. Im learning alot of anti sentinel stuff with trish/spencer.

Spencer wallcling overhead kinda wrecks sentinel and trish's air kick is good against sentinel because of how huge he is. Also Morrigan's air S is REALLY good against sentinel because it goes through his armor since it's Multihit. The matches i loss today weren't from sentinel. I was surprised.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
No Phoenix/Dante games? 0.o
I Beat a phoenix team but i didnt let him go DP since i snap her in so i still dont know how ill do against someone who manages to get DP out.. Almost every team i played had dante. Dante isn't scary anymore. Just wait for him to do stuff since every dante wants to look flashy. He has very glaring holes in all of his setups if u block.

Truthfully im scared of Ammy/Haggar more then anyone else in this game, The **** they can do and how much they help out a team is just scary. The thing with Haggar though is he completely sucks when he dont have assists to back him up. Ammy is still a threat by herself though. Not to mention all of your combos have to be timed different against her due to her size.

Tron is ridiculous too.

Robfox

Smash Lord
Im scared of Taskmaster
His moves may be copied, but I can never win against the ******* -__-
I haven't faced a good Ammy yet so shes not too bad and Haggar I jus camp.........hes 1 of the worst imo
MODOK, Thor, Ironman, Hsien-Ko, She-Hulk, Haggar all suck -___-

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
MODOK is good, Haggar is OK, Iron Man is damn good, She Hulk has a LOT of potential, Hsien-Ko I have no idea about, and Thor is only an assist character.

Roxas215

Smash Lord

Robfox

Smash Lord
well, looks like Sent is baq guess i'll pocket him -__-
and im officially pickin up Taskmaster thanks to Squall -___-
I was also wrong about She-Hulk. Shes not bad I jus cant play her but everyone else I listed yea they're pretty bad

Roxas215

Smash Lord
well, looks like Sent is baq guess i'll pocket him -__-
and im officially pickin up Taskmaster thanks to Squall -___-
I was also wrong about She-Hulk. Shes not bad I jus cant play her but everyone else I listed yea they're pretty bad
Except for the fact that iron man and hsien-ko are good.

Thor is the only one who is "bad" persay and even he is good with the right setups. EVERYTHING works in this game. There are no bad characters.

mib004

Smash Ace
I like the game but it is wayyyyy to easy. At least MvC2 took skill, these combos are to damn easy and its starting to get annoying.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Some combos are hard, but the majority of combos are easy as hell to do and take up over 50% of a person's life. This is why I never thought MVC3 would replace Brawl for me since I do not have fun making one mistake and losing half if not all of my life bar.

One may say I can do the same back. But it does NOT take away the fact that if its done to me it REALLY pisses me off. I could **** someone 6 matches in a row but the moment their Hulk super armors my character plus assist into xfactor Gamma Crush I go "wtf @ this game!!" Or if I switch characters and get almost 0 to deathed because I spaced a kick badly and get punished by a combo, into an air combo, switch to another character air combo, switch to another combo air combo, smacked the the floor, hit otg (off the ground, [hate when people don't explain the synonyms] into special, into another character's special, into my character doing its death scream.

Then I gotta hope I make the right decision when my next character enters. And before they even enter if my opponent goes into xfactor I'm like "uggghhh!!"

I still have fun playing it though but ONLY for fun. I can't take this too seriously. Also the combos look cool so it can be fun to watch (except Sentinel)

Probably my fav combo in the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0U-yz4twbA&feature=related

Roxas215

Smash Lord
There are some hard specific timing combos(Spencer) But yea the majority of them are just too easy to pull off.

The combos in mvc2 weren't necessarily hard either. You just didn't get punished as hard for messing up in mvc2 as u do this game.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
WTF have you ever done an infinite of any kind???
Mag, Storm, nd Irons infinites are all way hard
Even Rolls infinite is tuff (Yes Roll has an infinite)
Combos and infinities are 2 different things. And ironmans inf isnt hard. Mags and storm are though.

But anyway my original post was just for basic combos strings in mvc2 weren't hard either. Never said Infs were easy to pull off.

MvC3 can be played at high level and when it is it's very exciting to watch. It's just that who would bother playing like that at tournaments when they can easily do the "easy" stuff in this game and win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ubTpaqLWv8&feature=feedu
If all tournament matches were played like this i wouldn't complain about the game. That dante combo at the end just makes me realize how bad alot of these dantes are.

Robfox

Smash Lord
Yea true but im not talkin about Irons infinite of the ground LP, LP, MK, HP I dont even really consider that an infinite because it eventually stops im talking about his fly/unfly setups
I DIDNT EVEN KNOW DANTE COULD TELEPORT LMAO!!
Damn, nd i've been usin him for a min lol O well
U got any Taskmaster play Ev. It seems like his only combo is the double spidey swing > special

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
After his two Spidey Swings, he can land and start an Air Combo, throw in a third Swing, then a finisher, then OTG Super. Without a double jump or a fly maneuver, there's only so much you can do.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If someone else drives to the MD/VA tourney, I'll go. Nasty's car filled up (I think) while I was sick. :(

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
I'm going to md/va vs. the world. In my car is:

Me
King Toon
Evan (right)?

Kaylo if u want a spot you can have it. Woody isn't going anymore and i don't think smurf is either. He's still a maybe.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Syracuse? I forget, but I think it was around 4 hours. I'm down to go to AXS.

Nasty, callin a spot in your car for MD/VA this weekend. I think I'm gonna try to get back into Smash a lil bit so I can practice for WHOBO.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Syracuse? I forget, but I think it was around 4 hours. I'm down to go to AXS.

Nasty, callin a spot in your car for MD/VA this weekend. I think I'm gonna try to get back into Smash a lil bit so I can practice for WHOBO.
Aka iPresea is better then me and i cant have that.

Yea Nasty im in for this weekend.

Top Bottom