• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- U.F.B. Crew Thread - IT'S ALIVE IT'S ALIVE!!!!! "ROLL 'EM UP" DEC. 21

Roxas215

Smash Lord
nah Kaylo...Dexter was that little ginger boy who had a laboratory hidden behind his bookcase and his little sister liked to cause a nuclear holocaust in every episode...still cooler than smurf tho...jk
Dont u disrespect Dexter with that damn cartoon.

Is that super armor when she flashes yellow?

Also idk why but Sentinel's voice makes me laugh lmao. Can't even understand wtf he's sayin half the time.

He's prob right about the sandwich part. I can't cook for ****. (Yeah, I consider a sandwich cooking. :glare:)

Lol normally you'd be right, but today I was out playing in the snow for like.... 3+ hours with my friend til a half hour ago. Felt like a kid again. <33

EDIT: Aw, Fatal. :embarrass:
No the "Gong" is "LinLin" Hsien-Ko twin. When there mother died they both had to merge to be powerful enough to control the powers their mother left them. If they ever separate they both will just be mindless braindead killers instead of the happy mercenary Hsien-Ko is now.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Ev: Ah, just askin 'cause it looked like she went right through Wolverine's attack.

Hsien-Ko is cute imo.... way better than Felicia. Dunno why, I just don't like Felicia's design at all. :urg:

Roxas215

Smash Lord

Did this n!gg@ jus disrespect dexters lab?
O hell na
No yall are disrespecting Dexter!!!

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

@Ev: Ah, just askin 'cause it looked like she went right through Wolverine's attack.

Hsien-Ko is cute imo.... way better than Felicia. Dunno why, I just don't like Felicia's design at all. :urg:
"LinLin" grants her armor. It's not super armor though. Felicia is just naked lol.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
lol barney XD
@Hsien-Ko - She looks like her only effective super combo involves the spiked balls idk her claws R HUGE tho 0__o
Hsien-Ko is more of a technical character. Always was. She not suppose to have lots of devastating combos rather she has lots of quick links projectiles and gimmicks that keeps the opponent off you. Her teleport,Guillotine Swing,and Weapon throw are enough for her to be viable not to mention her projectile deflector(I cant remember the actual name for it.)

Only thing disappointing for me is they took the blood out of her throw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZUAEK-gpSA

Roxas215

Smash Lord
since everyone keeps talking about it

*DExter episode 1*
Best thing u ever did in your life.

I know ppl think im biased towards the show that i watch. But honestly Dexter,Supernatural and Lost are some of the best television u will ever watch. Dont even go by what i say. Just google it and check the reviews.

The last 6 eps of Lost season 3 is regarded as the best stretch of television EVER. And the Dexter season 4 finale is regarded as top 3 finales of a show EVER!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Is Chuck good? I thought about watching that.

& don't forget about Heroes (first season only :urg:).

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Is Chuck good? I thought about watching that.

& don't forget about Heroes (first season only :urg:).
How can Heroes be on that list when as u said only the first season was godlike???

All 3 shows(Dexter,Lost,Supernatural) has their flaws. However season after season they prove why they the best tv shows out right now

Heroes had one good season and went downhill. When u have Sylar being bad then good then bad again cause his mom hated what he was doing but then went good again to please his mom but then end up going bad again after accidentally killing his mom but then went good again after his dad comes in the picture then went bad again once he realized he was actually a petrelli but then went good again once he realized he wasn't actually a petrelli.........

Yea im gonna stop.

And yea Chuck is really good. I actually didn't pay it much mind but Lydia insisted i watch it(I made her watch Supernatural) and yea it's good. Im on the second season now. According to the fans the 3rd season is the best.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Double post o well.

OMFG FFVS13 LOOKS AMAZING!! I COMPLETELY FORGIVE THEM FOR HOLDING OFF KH3!!! As much as i love KH. Seeing the KH engine in such a dark and gritty game is amazing!!

And with all this excitement comes disappointment. The game is confirmed TO NOT COME OUT THIS YEAR. Wtf. How the hell do FFXIII-2 get announced AND RELEASED before FFVS13?? THIS DAMN GAME WAS ANNOUNCED E3 2006!!!

Wtf. Don't announce a game when it's 6 years away.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/versus13/

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It does look amazing, but it's almost getting to be too much imo. There becomes such a point adding so much realism and fine graphics into games like this that you start to lose sight of objectives, tactful feeling, etc. It's kind of hard to describe. Like no matter what something like Final Fantasy is not real life, so it doesn't make sense to mimic it. In real life you don't have numbers popping up out of enemies as you hit them and controllers as they are now are not sophisticated enough to traverse realistic scenery (and they never will really).

Think of it this way, lets say my apartment is a room in FFV13, my refrigerator and table in my kitchen would obviously be a boundary, but in real life I could climb on top of my refrigerator or underneath my table if I wanted to. Games are getting so detailed that players naturally want to explore and do every action possible that isn't feasible with todays controllers (moving avatars with two legs and two arms with a single analog stick) and without insane unthinkable amounts of programming.

Now jump back a generation and look at like FF7 (first 3D final fantasy) (you can even look at FF13 to an extent because FFV13 is SUCH a huge step from FF13 imo), because graphics were worse scenery was designed to have very clear cut boundaries (more walls and such) that led to no interest for players to do anything, since there wasn't much else to do besides the goal. And look at battles. You have clear cut cues for attacks, statistical values, menus, etc. The more real things get, the more these values are hidden, UI becomes minimal, etc. Sure this mimics real life, but what the game can't mimic is the human brain. Sure as I sit here at my desk I can gauge my own approximate health points (wha? lol), but playing a game without clear cut labels for statuses, there isn't a way to keep track of it as well since it's an avatar disconnected with your physical self.

Now this isn't to say graphics aren't good, it's just that game design is headed in the wrong direction imo. An example where graphics and realism is absolutely pinnacle is any new basketball game. There is still plenty of room for statistics tracking and information relay because these games are aiming to mimic watching basketball on tv compared to watching basketball in real life. since watching sports on TV show information on screen, it's appropriate for games to mimic this and the end result is great. and in sports games with boundaries and curiosity, it's nothing like an RPG where you want to do everything to your hearts content. Basketball has specific out of bounds, and areas such as the bleachers are areas the players would never even think to go while playing a game. A spots game has clear goals, clear boundaries, and clear stat tracking that all the power in the world can go to make an accurate game representation of.

/chibo rant

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
This thread needs moar Lucas against IC's.. That's not a bad MU

/yeah i was 8 pages behind, whatever.

Anyway, i can't go to smurf's tomorrow bc i have to work. I can't go to VC9 or Mav's tourney bc i have to work. HOWEVER, i CAN go to xzax's thing on the 4th bc i don't work.

I'm training a new character the past few days. I've never played this character before but i'm having fun and getting better already. Can't wait to see how i do. :)

Top Bottom