• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tyler, TX - POWER RANKINGS UPDATE!!! #disney #minifoxislegendary

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGCalt.jpg

Texas largest tournament series, TGC, is having its 4th event on August 15th 2015 aka 11 days away!

This month, we have a new temporary venue (or an old venue if you went to my HOBOs), Funplex! There is a room above the bar area solely dedicated to smash 4. The room also has a stage for important fights/streaming and a small back room with a couch to chill/have one set-up or whatever.

There is a new character challenge as well. If you place top 4 by ONLY using ROY or ONLY using FALCO or ONLY using GW then you will receive an extra 50$ from me on top of what you earned for reaching 4th place prize money.

Also, please check the rules for TGC 4 because i have changed things. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have your WiiU updated to the newest patch which is 1.10.

Finally, this will be the last TGC in its current form. There will be some major alterations after this event. Change is needed. Expect more details after TGC 4 comes to a close. But for now, please spread this event to all your friends and lets make this event as big as possible.

For more info about TGC 4, please go here: http://smashboards.com/threads/aug-...eat-roy-gw-falco-challenge-houston-tx.409722/

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
so,

one of the things I am eyeing as a possible Christmas present is a Wii U with the stuff necessary for Smash 4. I know there are other games and stuff on the system, but since I played Brawl, P:M, and Melee I wouldn't know where to begin with this I do believe. That's why I'm turning to you guys!

thebeatles145

Smash Cadet
NNID
thebeatles145
I'm very sure this would be more fun for all if we turn this thread into a smashing texas party zone. So let's do it!

thebeatles145

Smash Cadet
NNID
thebeatles145
Maybe we can make a new power rankings thread? Idk about labernash, and the others but maybe we sohuld start a ssb4 power rankings? I'm new to the scene so idk

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
PR thread is jank and has no solid basis behind it. Half of the Tyler crew hasn't even played each other. But seriously, we need another moderator on this thread because we can't edit the OP.

thebeatles145

Smash Cadet
NNID
thebeatles145
Well, i wish we could get more regular tournaments instead of bimonthly. My first one was the Shamboozle, I'm hooked and I'm going to everyone i can. I'm thristy. And I'm just a kid so I can't go to dallas or anything.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
I'm gonna try and start taking over on monthlies. I have been itching for a tournament and we have so many up and coming players, it'd be a shame to not help blossom that skill.

thebeatles145

Smash Cadet
NNID
thebeatles145
:3 Well thank you. But seriously, i have done so much studying and playing since the last tournament, I think I have a much better chance of going farther in the next one. I have a better understanding of playing the game and playing in the tournament, and have been watching so much youtube studying. I've been so anxious ever since. And the reason I didn't reply til a week later is that school started. So is it at the library, right or at a new venue?

Last edited:

thebeatles145

Smash Cadet
NNID
thebeatles145
Tyler comicon? No idea what that was a thing. But I'm not complaining! I looked it up and it's only 30 minutes away! Maybe a bit more cause i only put in my city but idc

Last edited:

thebeatles145

Smash Cadet
NNID
thebeatles145
Awesome! Will that be the very next tournament or will you possibly get a library before then. I would guess not but you never know. When will it be and it'll be on a saturday right?

Last edited:

thebeatles145

Smash Cadet
NNID
thebeatles145
Yep. That's me. You're Andrew? or someone else? I really wanna go, but again I don't have a ride. Unless my friend Brady goes and then carpools me. MY dad has a volleyball meet, and it's early cause it's volleyball... and volleyball is a early morning sport apperently

Last edited:

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Everyone is
That's why smash boards is dead lol. It's not just Tyler, every thread is WAY less active than it was 3 years ago, and the smash scene is bigger. Smash boards is a better news outlet than a forum now

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGCalt3.jpg

Hello, everybody! Xyro here. Texas Gaming Championships, the largest smash tournament series in Texas, is proud to announce its 5th event! December 5th, 2015 is the date. This time around, there is a new venue, character challenge, $1000 pot bonus ($500 for 1vs1 and 2vs2) and much more!

If you would like to play with the best players in Texas as well as be apart of the largest Smash 4 tournament series in the entire Southwest, please go here: http://smashboards.com/threads/dec-...bonus-wiifit-palutena-link-houston-tx.419208/

If you have any questions or concerns, please post in the link provided above or message/tag me.

Oracle

Smash Master
THIS SATURDAY is the TLoc 1K for Smash 4 in DFW! Smash 4 Singles and Doubles, with singles getting a guaranteed $1000 pot with top 8 payout; possibly even more if we break 100 entrants. Players are coming from all over Texas, so be sure to come take part in Dallas' latest regional event! Message me if you need additional information

Facebook Event

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
Seems like just yesterday I was speculating in Smash 4 threads about the upcoming roster, excited about the game and the future of it.

Times have changed my friends.

Top Bottom