• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tyler, TX - POWER RANKINGS UPDATE!!! #disney #minifoxislegendary

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGC.jpg

The Official TGC event #1 has been announced for Feb 28th, 2015!! There are pot bonuses for Smash 4/Kart 8/Pokemon R&S!

Event caps, venue times, event order, payouts and other things have changed since the "Road to TGC" events so please read the rules very carefully and ask any questions that may come to mind. If you would like, you can contact me here on SmashBoards (Xyro77) or on Facebook (Allan Sims)

Important things to remember:

1. Purchase your venue fee online to guarantee your spot. Player caps WILL be reached.
2. Print out receipt/confirmation email or show us these on your phone for a smoother registration process.
3. You may only enter 3 events at max. This helps make all brackets run correctly.
4. We need 20-30 full setups. There is compensation for those who bring a full setup (Tv/WiiU/Smash or Mario Kart 8).
5. I am the best Smash 4 Samus user. Deal With It.

Last edited:

Xyro77

TGC.jpg

Hey everybody, Xyro here. I'm dropping by to remind everybody that my Smash 4 tournament series, TGC, is hosting its first official major event on February 28th 2015 at the Le Jardin reception hall in North Houston.

If the two "The Road to TGC" events taught me anything it is that these events keep getting bigger and bigger so i project that this first official TGC event will easily cap out. In order to guarantee you a spot in the venue (and thus a chance at entering events) it is highly recommended you register online as soon as possible.

For full details on registration, fees, rules, events and times, please go to the Smashboards event link
http://smashboards.com/threads/feb-...-200-pot-bonus-for-smash-4-houston-tx.384812/ or the Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1033314033352371

And as always, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me by posting here, on Facebook or in private message. I will always respond. I hope to see you all there :)

Last edited:

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
Alright Kiddos
Spring Break is March 7-14
I believe TJC's is on the same day
Some time during this week need to hold our first Smash 4 PR/Updated Brawl PR
We have new people with Tex and TJJ.
I'm thinking we all get together at Foptop's (now that he lives alone) and spend the entire day in a Tyler mini pr tourney

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
Update brawl lol. Im down though. We also need an apex viewing party. Wasnt loxmyth a local as well?
Mhmmm
So you can be placed lower than you already are.
I'm going to be watching here at home. Idk what the rest of you are going to do

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Alright Kiddos
Spring Break is March 7-14
I believe TJC's is on the same day
Some time during this week need to hold our first Smash 4 PR/Updated Brawl PR
We have new people with Tex and TJJ.
I'm thinking we all get together at Foptop's (now that he lives alone) and spend the entire day in a Tyler mini pr tourney
next ETFC is March 14 at the library. I'll be creating the event thread in February, probably the first Tuesday of the month.

before you ask ... Yes, there will be Smash in some form or fashion at the event. Open to suggestions for the event, but actively prefer Smash 4 right now mainly because people don't have to carry in large CRTs and streaming equipment is uniform across everything we run. Will be working on the game list as soon as my wife gets moved in and we'll have a general announcement of games very soon.

Also, if Brawl ends up being run as a main event ... it will be as a tourney where MK is banned.

Last edited:

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
next ETFC is March 14 at the library. I'll be creating the event thread in February, probably the first Tuesday of the month.

before you ask ... Yes, there will be Smash in some form or fashion at the event. Open to suggestions for the event, but actively prefer Smash 4 right now mainly because people don't have to carry in large CRTs and streaming equipment is uniform across everything we run. Will be working on the game list as soon as my wife gets moved in and we'll have a general announcement of games very soon.

Also, if Brawl ends up being run as a main event ... it will be as a tourney where MK is banned.
Or you know
Not.
Apparently
Sooo
Back to my original idea about a PR tourney...

Infamous_Prime

Smash Cadet
I suggest smash 4 pr one day, brawl revision another. To keep it separate/easier to run and finish. Unless we end up having time for both somehow.

Xyro77

Hey, guys! Xyro here. #TGC is just 8 days away! Are you excited? You should be because if the facebook event page is any indication of turnout, we may have 200 or more people sign up for smash WiiU. This means that TGC will have many new people attend Texas largest SmashWiiU tournament series. New people that many not know how I run events or how to help make this event the best event it can be. So let me take a moment and tell you a few things that will help me help you get the most out of TGC on Feb 28th.

1. Bring a full setup (WiiU/Smash4/TV). The more setups we have at TGC, the more matches we all can play and the faster the event will be completed. If you cannot bring a full setup, I request that you please bring any equipment that you can because anything will help. For the first 10 people that bring a full setup, you will get half your venue fee back. Anyone else that brings a full setup after the 10 will get a free drink. LOL if someone bring two full setups, ill buy you lunch.

2. Be punctual. Though none of you have to be at the venue by 9am like I do (however if you wanna be there at 9am you can) I do request that you be there by 10am. I say 10am because registration lines will be very long and you will need that time to register/hook up WiiU&TV/practice because on the tournament starts, there will be no more friendlies/money matches/registration.

2a. If you would like to make registration go faster, here are ways to help out. Show up to the venue early as possible. Furthermore, please already know which events you would like to enter when you walk up to me. Also, if you plan on doing 2vs2 smash, please stand in the registration line with your partner so yall can sign up together. One final thing, if possible, please pay with $1 or 5$ bills and have your money out and ready to be handed over when signing up for events. I take all forms of paper money but I prefer $1 and $5 bills so that I will not have to make change and I can pay the players out faster at the end of the night.

3. Due to the possibility of very high attendance, I have removed the 128 man cap. Having said that, I will be implementing a strict policy when it comes to disqualifications. When I call your name to go play a match, you have 5min to report to the TV that I have sent you to. If you do not show up to the TV within 5 min, you will be disqualified and sent to loser bracket. I know this may sound harsh but I need people to pay attention to my voice and I need this huge event to finish by 12am.

4. For more information on events, fees, rules, housing, times and anything TGC related, please go to the SmashBoards thread http://smashboards.com/threads/feb-...-200-pot-bonus-for-smash-4-houston-tx.384812/ or the Facebook event page https://www.facebook.com/events/1033314033352371/

Oracle

Smash Master

Only 1 day left to register for Aftershock!
Zero, Dabuz, Junebug, Denti, Dakpo, Aerolink, and more top players from around the Southwest will be competing! This will be the first true National tournament for Smash 4 that Texas has ever seen, so if you want to test your skills against some of the best players in the country, be sure to register.

Xyro77

TGC.jpg

TGC 2 SmashBoards Tournament Page
http://smashboards.com/threads/apr-25-2015-the-official-tgc-event-2-houston-tx.394551/#post-18744580

Hey, guys! Xyro here. Houston/Texas largest tournament series (TGC) is having its 2nd event about 34 days from now. For this event, i am doing several major changes so PLEASE PLEASE read this post. It is VERY important, dont skip over it.

I have opened online registration for TGC 2 so please click here to register/pay for 1vs1 smash wiiu (be sure to include your gamer tag when you register) https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=PJ92WLG8SCW5S you also need to pay the venue fee and that can be found here http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/tgc2

So with your venue fee and 1vs1 fee paid for, you are 110% entered into TGC 2 and i will post your pool/bracket a few days before the event so that you can see who you face and be able to prepare for it if need be. If you do not pay online, you can still pay offline but you will not be seeded and you will be thrown into pools/bracket at random. This means you may play your best friend round 1.

The purpose of me doing online registration this time is to get you guys seeded into pools/brackets ahead of time so that you can walk into the venue, check-in and start playing matches much soon than before. This also means we can leave the venue earlier than before too.

One final thing, the rules for TGC 2 have gone through a MAJOR change. Wireless controller rules, stage rules and much more have changed. PLEASE read the rules asap because these changes have to do with every person entering TGC 2.

If you have any questions, please post in the TGC 2 thread on smashboards and/or in the TGC 2 Facebook group.

FacookeB Event Page
https://www.facebook.com/events/623049984505771/

Oracle

Smash Master
DBA 4 IS MAY 16TH IN DALLAS, TX!
This is looking like one of the most stacked events Texas has had to date! Larry Lurr (AKA DEHF) will be attending, as well as top players from all over Texas!

In addition to the singles and doubles tournament, there will be an Amiibo event! This is the first major Amiibo tournament DFW has seen, so if you want to put your amiibo to the test, this is the event for you!

There will also be bounties on top players; if you can take a game or set off DFW's top 4 or Larry, then you can win up to $50 of store credit to use at FX Game Exchange! Click here for more details

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
Heyo, I have returned from the dead to be a classy smash scrub once again. inb4 no one remembers me because I am irrelevant.

Really wish I could change my name without having to buy premium, because I've gone through like 5 different in tourney names since I last used this mrblue garbage. And this avi most def has to go.

I'm assuming East Texas has completely dropped off the map as far as tournaments? I mean, implying it was there before but... yeah.

Probably should have looked at tourney page before posting this. Whatever.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Got one this weekend.in lindale. I think we are trying to.get a monthly started up. Just depends when.work slows down for me.to get then ball.rolling.

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
Got one this weekend.in lindale. I think we are trying to.get a monthly started up. Just depends when.work slows down for me.to get then ball.rolling.
Aye, took me a bit to find the thread ha ha. Ill be there with 99% certainty, and Ill see if I can trick some scrubs bring some friends along with me.

Nah dude I remember you. We're alive and growing lol, new players all the time.
Woo, I am not completely irrelevant! Good to hear that the community is doing good. Maybe now I get to be the guy who comes back only to be destroyed by newbies :S

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Sorry I wasn't able to make it out to the event on Saturday, but I woke up late and had to rush straight to work.

In any case, my employer is in the process of being bought out by a multi-national and they're promising that any employees that are there in Q4 2015 or Q1 2016 when the deal is done get a $2k bonus.

So maybe for Christmas, I finally get a Wii U and a copy of Smash 4 (if the bonus doesn't get eaten for RL stuff).

Last edited:

Tainted ZGS

Smash Rookie
Well I recently moved to just outside of Tyler Texas and figured being right next to a decently sized city, that there would be some smash scene and I have yet to find any. I am however a 45 minute drive away from Dallas, but I would prefer not to go through the pain of driving through Dallas and the traffic every weekend.
If anyone is around Tyler and wants to start a smash scene or is looking to practice melee/Pm/even sm4sh , contact me.
I'm willing to start doing weeklies, bi-weeklies, or smashfests in Tyler if we can gather enough people. Regardless just some other smashers would be nice.

Sincerely,
-Tainted

Top Bottom