• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two Final Smashes at Once?

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if it will be possible to trigger two final smashes at once? Since characters can get the smash ball and hang on to the ability to trigger their final smash, is it possible that another smash ball will appear during that time, or will that prevent any more from appearing?

Hopefully someone actually knows the answer to this question... I think it would be really funny to have two Marios on opposite sides of the stage trigger their FS towards each other. I don't know if they would clang or just wipe everything out. :laugh:

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I am not too sure but I believe it was said the smash balls appear only 1 at a time meaning that only 1 person can have the FS available to them.

but what about a loophole?
The pity FS looks like it could have two FS at once.
In which case

GIGABOWSER VS SUPER SONIC!

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I've been wondering this too. I think it might be "boring" though since, think about it: characters are usually invulnerable under final smashes. So Supersonic vs. Giga Bowser would likely be two cool-looking characters doing nothing to each other. Volt Tackle Pikachu probably couldn't hurt Super-dragon Yoshi, and vice-versa.

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
I think the final smashes are meant to cause more mayhem on the field. This will of course benefit one player and send the others running for thier lives. If two people did this at once the people who didn't have a final smash might as well give up cause they aren't getting away. I think that once someone has a smash ball another one won't appear until a while after the current one was used.

Bit-Bit

Smash Rookie
I think the final smashes are meant to cause more mayhem on the field. This will of course benefit one player and send the others running for thier lives. If two people did this at once the people who didn't have a final smash might as well give up cause they aren't getting away. I think that once someone has a smash ball another one won't appear until a while after the current one was used.

Watching the videos of Brawl so far. I sometimes see a Smash Ball coming almost immediately after the previous one was used.

SomeguyDom

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know if it will be possible to trigger two final smashes at once? Since characters can get the smash ball and hang on to the ability to trigger their final smash, is it possible that another smash ball will appear during that time, or will that prevent any more from appearing?

Hopefully someone actually knows the answer to this question... I think it would be really funny to have two Marios on opposite sides of the stage trigger their FS towards each other. I don't know if they would clang or just wipe everything out. :laugh:
Not sure...but i dont think that another smash ball should appear before the character gets finished doing their final smash..

NintendoGamer88

Smash Cadet
I doubt it.

While it may sound all fun and epic, being able to perform multiple FSes at once would most likely create numerous bugs and glithes. While we would certainly have a ball expoiting all these (i.e. putting Giga Bowser in Kirby's cooking pot defies all logic; don't use the Zero Laser on Super Sonic, it freezes the game), programmers prefer to make their games glitch-FREE.

It would be much simpler programming-wise and more fair gameplay-wise to program Smash Balls to not appear while a Smash Ball is contained in an item or is actively holding or executing their Final Smash, than to have to individually pair up Final Smashes to ensure that nothing will freeze the game/damage your Wii.

Oh and the Pity FS? If there's a Smash Ball or Final Smash active, they'll just have to wait until their next stock.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
I hope FSes can be used against each other. I'm looking forward to firing two Zero Lasers at each other, two Mario Finales at each other, and Super Sonic versus Giga Bowser

Some I understand won't be able to clash (like Link vs. Link, Ike vs. Ike, or those two against each other), but ones that don't trap should probably be fair game.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
This brings up another good question: Is it possible to have an infinite final smash going on? Example: Smash ball on high, giga bowser keeps smacking smash balls.

stepmaniers13

Smash Cadet
I think it will be just one Smash Ball at a time. Considering a Final Smash is supposed to be uncommon, it probably checks to make sure it will be the only one out and flies around then.

Plus the whole "Using a Final Smash on an invincible character" thing.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Someone hasn't been watching there E4All videos. In one match I have seen a pikachu use volt tackle twice
not only that, but we have confirmation of ZSamus' final smash. The only way to get ZSamus is through Samus' final smash. Therefore, that player must have gotten 2 FSs in a single match.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
There's really no way of knowing...it's like asking "Can you grab someone under Final Smash? Like giga bowser?" In melee, you could grab him when he was under the effects of a mushroom. normal Peach could take mega bowser down. Why not Giga?

Super Sonic and Giga Bowser would be epic! Can you see them charing towards eachother...Super Sonic knocking Bowser's lights out. I'd love that.

Hopefully finals can injure each other

What happens when Mario and Samus use theirs on eanother? A great Purple explosion in the middle! COOOL!

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Kirby cooking up DDD's walddle dee army:)
EDIT: Or diddyX4 and they all fly around.. Monkey dogfight!!

devious_nucleus

Smash Cadet
I think that once someone has a smash ball another one won't appear until a while after the current one was used.
I agree, but how cool would it be if maybe four giga bowsers, pk starstorms, or super sonics.

Which makes me think of another thing. What color would supersonic be if you changed his costume or color? maybe the same, since two final smashes at once isn't happening.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I say yes. Imagine Player 1 gets a small ball and kills player 2 with an A attack (storing the Final Smash). Player 2 gets a pity Smash Ball. Then they both can use Final Smash.

I don't Sakurai will deny a poor player a Final Smash just because the better player is storing one.

If that were true, I'd always hold on to my Final Smash in online play.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
It's not about glitch, its just about incompatibility. Just imagine Snake's FS used with other game-mechanics-changer FS...

gigasteve

Smash Ace
I am not too sure but I believe it was said the smash balls appear only 1 at a time meaning that only 1 person can have the FS available to them.

but what about a loophole?
The pity FS looks like it could have two FS at once.
In which case

GIGABOWSER VS SUPER SONIC!
Maybe if one's out, the newer one will make the other one go away. But i'm hoping AR can let you do Zamus vs Giga Bowser vs Ganon (assuming it's his FS) vs... WARIO MAN!

Waytoo

Smash Rookie
the only reason most of the E4All matches had only 1 smash ball was because they were short matches so everyone could play. it would be awesome to see 2 final smashes at once like samus vs samus (like, forgive the reference, gohan vs cell).

grud315

Smash Cadet
The theory of 2 smash balls appearing at once and being picked up by two different players could work but some final smashes discourage this. Look at Snake's. What happens if 2 Snakes' get the smash, do their characters overlap each other on the screen? Or could one take the left and on take the irght? What if 4 Snake's hold their finals asmhes and activcate at the same time? Snake takes up half the screen!

So, in light of this, my guess is that while multiple can appear in the same match, 2 will not pop up at the same time, until one is activated.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I doubt it.

While it may sound all fun and epic, being able to perform multiple FSes at once would most likely create numerous bugs and glithes. While we would certainly have a ball expoiting all these (i.e. putting Giga Bowser in Kirby's cooking pot defies all logic; don't use the Zero Laser on Super Sonic, it freezes the game), programmers prefer to make their games glitch-FREE.

It would be much simpler programming-wise and more fair gameplay-wise to program Smash Balls to not appear while a Smash Ball is contained in an item or is actively holding or executing their Final Smash, than to have to individually pair up Final Smashes to ensure that nothing will freeze the game/damage your Wii.

Oh and the Pity FS? If there's a Smash Ball or Final Smash active, they'll just have to wait until their next stock.

This guy and several others have already stated why this isn't going to be possible. Not only that, you're misunderstanding the issue at hand. Yes, there can be multiple Smash Balls appearing in a single match, but there will... and here's the stresser..never be more than one active at a time.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
I thought you ment 1 person got 2 smash balls.

I think its possible to have 2 smash balls on the field at once.

Top Bottom