• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two Final Smashes at Once?

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
No, only one smash ball appears during a match.
Actually, according to Nintendo Power, who got a demo for a few days, they said an average of 3 respawned during the 2 minute match

anywas I would say the odds of two appearing at the same time would be like 2 Togepi's out at the same time. I origanlly thought some thing like Ho-oh, but I doubt that when its turned to veryhig and only smash balls, you could perhaps get two Final smashes, as well as a pity one

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
This guy and several others have already stated why this isn't going to be possible. Not only that, you're misunderstanding the issue at hand. Yes, there can be multiple Smash Balls appearing in a single match, but there will... and here's the stresser..never be more than one active at a time.
I'm not saying that I think two Final Smashes can be active at once, but I think it's absurd to say that having two at once would automatically introduce glitches. The programmers do a very good job of ensuring that such things do not cause glitches; Final Smashes aren't really different from any other move in the game in that regard.

Of course there are other factors to consider when Final Smashes are involved. So far the biggest evidence I've heard as to why it isn't possible is because of Snake's Final Smash, but even with that I'm sure the programmers could come up with some way to handle it.

I'll say most likely only one Final Smash can be active at a time, but I'm not sold on the idea. I think it's interesting then, that one way to try to prevent the pity Final Smash may be to try to hang on to the Final Smash for as long as you can when you get it. This could especially be true for characters whose Final Smashes aren't as good or aren't appropriate on a given stage (for example, you may not use ZSS's final smash if you don't want to change back).

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
I'll say most likely only one Final Smash can be active at a time, but I'm not sold on the idea. I think it's interesting then, that one way to try to prevent the pity Final Smash may be to try to hang on to the Final Smash for as long as you can when you get it. This could especially be true for characters whose Final Smashes aren't as good or aren't appropriate on a given stage (for example, you may not use ZSS's final smash if you don't want to change back).
If someone sucks so much he gets the Pity smash, he'll have to wait for the real final smash to happen. Which, like you said, if not used could prevent the pity smash from happening.
But, I think as time passes, it's easier to knock the smash ball out of someone to a point where it just leaves the character. It floats around again, and if someone gets it and still doesn't use it it floats away from the level. But who wouldn't use the FS when he/she has it? That's just a waste.

Stimpy

Smash Apprentice
I doubt it, they probably set it up so another smash ball doesn't come down if one character hasn't used it yet....or something along that line.

Kozo

Smash Rookie
1. Choose Link for players 1 and 2.
2. Let both get a Final Smash.
3. Put them on opposite sides of Final Destination.
4. Put a Wavebird receiver in the first and second controller sockets.
5. Put them both to channel 1.
6. Set your Wavebird to channel 1.
7. Press 'B'.
8. ???
9. PROFIT

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
If anything, they should allow two wario's to get their Final Smash at the same time because no one gets killed by its activation.

It's an idea.

mattc1231

Smash Apprentice
what i really wanna know is what would happen if you got a super mushroom then did a final smash from that. i'm guessing for wario it would help A LOT, unless triggering the final smash got rid of your bigness. for some people i dont think it would matter for like mario or samus, cause i doubt the fire and beam would get bigger

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Giga Bowser vs. Super Sonic?

Most likely Super Sonic would do some damage, but in the end Giga Bowser could knock back Super Sonic with such incredible force that he would get KO'd anyway, depending on how much damage Sonic has.

4 Player match + Item Switch: Smash Balls Only + Item Frequency: Very High = Ownage

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
It's also possible that multiple Smash Balls can be broken at once, although one can't be activated while another is in use. A "wait your turn in line" sort of thing, if you will.

Top Bottom