• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight Princess... Like or Dislike

TriforceMaster5282

Smash Apprentice
I know what you're thinking, I just made one of these for WindWaker, but I played and beat wind waker, twilight princess I am considering to get, but I heard a lot of bad and good things about it so I'm torn... is it worth the 50 bucks? what do you guys think

Darkslash

Smash Master
It was worth my Money.

Its almost as good as OoT. But its too easy. I got through the game with only one death on my first play through while i got 4 game overs and 20 in game fairy revives. One of the best things in the game is the cave of Ordeals. If you liked the Savage Labyrinth then you are absolutely going to love the cave.

The sound track is amazing. They took some Warping songs and made them into full songs.
Such as the Serenade of Water and made it into Queen Rutela's theme

If you want to do 100% the game could go into at least 50-69 hours on your first try.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
It was a great game, it was fun but yeah it was easy. Majora's Mask is harder than Twlight Princess IMO

It's worth the buy.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Yeap, good thing there was the inverted song of time =P Made my life so much easier! And Link's =D

bearkiller

Smash Cadet
Twilight princess worth to be buying but ocarina of time and majora's mask are still better in my opinion.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, when I got to the sixth temple, it was starting to get bland. The same stuff over and over. Then again, the fact that I played 6 hours a day on TP probably didn't help...

As a Zelda game it's low on the scale, but nonetheless a Zelda game is a Zelda game. Recommended.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Twilight Princess is kinda easy, but not too easy. It's still a Zelda game. I do think Wind Waker is better, but it's worth the money.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
For the most part everyone said just about everything.

Well it's definitely a fun game, the world is beautiful in my opinion, the controls are tight, the game play holds true to what made game play great in the other 3D Zelda games, has a few new items that totally add to the games quality, and there's plenty to do.

However, it does have it's flaws, It's too easy, It tries to hard to be like Ocarina of Time, and i can't help but feel musical score,(although very good still) was lacking compared to past Zelda games, it wasn't bad, but the music overall feels shallow compared to past Zelda games.

Yeah, it's a great game loved it.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
For the first 3 temples, everything besides the temples themselves were boring. It started to get a lot more fun once you beat the 3rd temple, but yeah it was pretty easy. It's graphics and overall gameplay, even if easy, still makes it a worthwhile game to get.

So yes, get it.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
its okay. i borowed it off my cousin and played it. it felt easy and not as fun as WW, MM, or OoT. around 1/3 of the game i accedentally eraised it due to the sensor bar not responding well. the game wasn't worth starting over so i stopped playing. i have a save on my cousins wii so i might try to play it again at his house.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
It was very cool looking and the premise was awesome, but the only thing that bugged me is that the end from the final dungeon onward was sort of anti-climatic.

Meteor

Smash Rookie
Loved TP to death; definitely worth the money for me. Difficulty-wise, it could have been better, but I think the overall feel of the game compensated rather well.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Definitely like, only thing is that the game is too freakin' easy. And therefor, the game's not long enough. I played through it in less than a week.

But other than that, this game is just cool. I love the cut scenes, the controls (got it for Game Cube though), the graphics and the general atmosphere. Almost as good as OoT!

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Man I beat TP 3 days after I bought my WII when the Wii first came out.

17 hours first day, 10 the next, then 9 the last day, ugh. It was worth it, TP is a great Zelda game. I didn't beat Wind Waker (screw that game, the graphics looked ugly and stupid). So I was CRAVING a real Zelda game since MM. It was delivered quite well.

LOZ:TP Feels a lot like OoT but it's longer and it's very very pretty. It felt more linear than OoT though, I think it was. There's a lot to do in TP though with all the scattered heart pieces, items, and side quests.

To everyone saying it's easy... of course it's easy! It's ZELDA, not Contra, Wind Waker was the easiest if you could stomach the graphics long enough. I could beat hordes of enemies in that game with my eyes closed.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
I much prefer wind waker over TP. The grahpics were amazing and they had some epic battles, but the development wasn't nearly as good as WW or OoT. Plus I loved the art style and loved the swordplay of WW, while the swordplay in TP felt sort of... lacking.

There wasn't much to do in TP... Mostly there was fishing, heart pieces, fighting and the Poes. Other than that... eh.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Awesome game, easily one of the top 2 Zelda games ever, alongside Ocarina of Time. The plot was a huge step up from most of the rest of the series, and I can't help but admire the work that was done with Midna as a character. The only significant problem with it is that is was far and away too easy, but unfortunately that's been a problem with every Nintendo series this generation except Fire Emblem.

Personally, if I were to rank the Zelda games I've played, I'd say OoT and TP were the best, Phantom Hourglass third, Wind Waker and Majora's Mask more or less equal after that, then Oracle of Ages, then Oracle of Seasons, then A Link to the Past, then Minish Cap. All of them were at least good though, most great.

Zevox

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Lots harder than WindWaker, especially if you plan on pointing at the screen with your WiiMote rather than letting your nunchuck do all the work like I did my first go-round.

They're both great games, Zelda: TP is highly recommended if you liked OOT / MM.

At least if you liked the Gorons..

..Although I still like WW the best out of all of them..

aurasword

Smash Rookie
It's worth it. I just started playing through it again, and I can say that, yeah, it may be easy, but the gameplay is awesome and so is the music. Definitely recommended.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Twilight Princess has to be my second favorite Zelda game, just slightly behind the Wind Waker and Majora's Mask which tie for first. I really enjoyed the overworld, it is the best of all the Zelda games IMO. My only problems with the game are the commonly agreed upon lack of difficulty and some temples could be improved a lot
(temple of time, City in the Sky(if it was actually a city like the Ice dungeon is a mansion then it would be great), and the Twilight Realm temple)

The game was great and I recommend it.

I said I liked the overworld???
I guess I don't hate it, but eh...
a bit higher praise than I would give it now, though its dungeons are great.

Last edited:

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
I really liked TP and think it was expertly crafted. I played through it a number of times and still enjoy it likewise with other Zelda titles. In order to increase the difficulty for my second time through I beat it with only three hearts. So maybe you all should give this a try with any zelda game and I think this works with metroid also. No faries!!! But potions could be acceptable.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
It has an insanely boring and highly stupid 3 hour tutorial. Then once you pass that, the difficulty doesn't increase. You find yourself running around looking for things, it doesn't seem to have that much battles to balance it out, or if it does, they're insanely easy so you probably wont notice it. The game is also really long. You could say that that's a good thing, but due to the fact that it's really easy, it just feels like a really long easy game.

And the bosses, they are so mind numbingly easy it's not even funny. They don't even want to kill you it seems, and each hit takes off like half a heart.

For the first boss, you stand at the back of the room and wait until that monkey drags a bomb infront of it, then you throw your boomerang at the bomb and push it towards the boss. That's it. Apparently if you stand at the back of the room the boss can't reach you, so it doesn't even try. I learned that the first time. You shoot the red glowing thing on the second boss' head, pull it over, hit it, it stands up, you shoot the red thing straight away, pull it over, hit it, it stands up, you shoot the red thing straight away, pull it over, hit it, it dies. That's it. And I literally have no idea how the 3rd one hurts you. The 4th one is really fun, but sadly it probably wont touch you.

Anyway, the bosses look fantastic, the whole game looks fantastic. The story is different, not as epic as WW, just different. I'm not sure what everyone says about Midna being a well made character though, she's a bit of an anti-hero, then she turns nice.

But anyway as I said, the game looks fantastic, and it uses the Wiimote really well. It's a good game, but it's really easy. Instead of buying it, I think you should just get a loan from someone.

Super Angry Luigi

Smash Apprentice
I liked Twilight Princess a lot. It's my second favorite Zelda game (behind only OoT). Sure it was fairly easy, but it was still a great game.

AllGoodNamesAreTaken

Smash Apprentice
This game is definately worth 50 bucks!

Sure it's one of the easiest Zelda games made but it was nice and epic. If it's a Zelda game expect it to be good... except Adventure of Link, that was... urghh.

Although this game was fairly short IMO... :(

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Way too easy. Monsters and bosses were easy to kill. But still enjoyable. <3 Stallord
Yeah, pretty much. WAY TOO EASY. I wished they compensated the main storyline with TONS more side-quests, not just running around collecting stuff.

MasterToshima

Smash Journeyman
it is DEFINETLY worth that money. It is the second best Zelda game(what ppl in general think) after OOT.

It got 9.5 or 9.6 from IGN, idk, well I remember it getting higher score than Wind Waker.

Besides, the annoying sailing is gone.

Top Bottom