• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight of Smash 5 - Ottawa, ON - Jul 5, 08 Results

Fogel

Smash Lord
Singles Brackets

1: JL (JL/Percon didn't actually play their match out, so really it's 1/2 for both of them)
2: Percon
3: Vwins
4: KingAce
5: TestRider
5: Ambrose
7: chesterr01
7: Minus
9: Wolfblade
9: SAUS
9: Damax
9: Divinokage
13: Zylem
13: ThatGuy
13: Niko_K
13: "C"let

Singles Pools:

1: SAUS
1: Wolfblade
1: Percon
1: KingAce
1: Ambrose
1: Minus
1: Vwins
1: JL
9: Niko_K
9: ThatGuy
9: TestRider
9: "C"let
9: Zylem
9: chesterr01
17: Buenob
17: PNDMike
17: Fogel
17: GanonPWN!
17: Fox
17: Demonic_Angel
17: Andy20019
17: Kirt
25: WarranThad
25: Fidel_gustro
25: Seison
25: Andrew
25: Wak
25: Jiggernaut
25: zaf
25: IvanEva
33: Navo
33: Locke
33: Chris
33: Maxmagnus20019
33: Rimi
33: Knuckles
33: Suo
33: Haze
41: Kamii
41: Cowbox
41: Dice
41: Steb
41: infzy
41: Fez
41: Robby
41: Jazriel
49: Ben
49: Arsenic
49: BigRick
49: Quan
49: Zedreturn
49: Eddy
49: HiDef
49: Nodrak
57: DDon
57: BentoBox
57: Donbot
57: BananaTrooper

Doubles
I didn't put down who was in what team...if your team's members and you want me to add them, just post here and I'll update the post.

1: Asian Sensations (JL+Ambrose)
2: Pretty Cool Guys (Percon+KingAce)
3: Le Tourbillon (Damax + Vwins)
4: Unnecessary Flash (Minus + Niko_K)
5: Team Tim Tim Timmy (Locke + Rimi)
5: TEAM TUFF E NUFF (Wak + TestRider)
7: Needs More Stomp
7: Team Forward Smash 2.0 (Arsenic + SAUS)
9: GC and his Dad (chesterr01+ GanonPWN!)
9: TEAM RAW!@ (WarranThad + ThatGuy)
9: Not Ready
9: Through the fire and the flames (Kage + Kirt)
13: Team Camp (IvanEva + buenob)
13: Atwater Hoes
13: BRENDA (BigRick + BentoBox)
13: NeverGonnaLetYouDown (Fogel + Fox)
17: Team Jiggernaut
17: Team Pretty but Useless (PNDMike + Haze)
17: Team Doorstop
17: Team Skill Kancel (eternalgamer + Zylem)
17: Super Generic
17: Rickroll (Andrew + Chris)
17: Bombs and Blasters
17: Team 20019 (Andy20019 + MaxMagnus20019)
25: Generic
25: Flapjack Partystack
25: Los Japan
25: GCC 2000 (Knuckles + HiDef)

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
Its a shame the singles ended the way they did. Congrats to all the winners... and the losers like me!

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
I can agree with Wak in the sense that Brawl is a bit weird competitively. Top Tier characters seem to always make it in the finals and sometimes by the character skills and not the player skills. It takes a lot of skill to have someone like Niko to bring a Peach into the tourney and get somewhere. There were a lot of interesting people there and a lot of.... shall we say MetaKnights :(

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
Good games guys. This game was a huge wake up call for a lot of us @_@.
indeed the montreal brawlers never played metanights a lot so that's why we lost to to the same character except for a couple.
anyways thank you fogel for hosting this great tournament.
gongratz to the winners.....oh yeah and MARIO KART 64 rocks I think kirt will agree on that

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I can agree with Wak in the sense that Brawl is a bit weird competitively. Top Tier characters seem to always make it in the finals and sometimes by the character skills and not the player skills. It takes a lot of skill to have someone like Niko to bring a Peach into the tourney and get somewhere. There were a lot of interesting people there and a lot of.... shall we say MetaKnights :(
more like Metagay =P

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Looking for characters...

1: Percon (Snake)
4: KingAce (Meta Knight)

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah KAGE I just remembered you 3 stocked me in our last match......but still watch out for the rein of terror stopper

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
Calling out Metagay and his gayness is the quite opposite to Johns, lol!

And I found out that Chester plays the same char as I do... I'm going to have to steal Chester's abilities.

Dice

Smash Lord
lmao SF2 Super Turbo is still played competively at the largest street fighter tournaments...

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good games guys. This game was a huge wake up call for a lot of us @_@.
yeah, mtl sucks. toronto stepped their game up, they took it seriously, and it showed. props. although I would have liked to see other characters beasting on people, other than metaknight and snake. I loved those warios, most underrated char in my opinion. also, montreal sucks. again.

My friend Ryad wants me to play Snake from now on. I'll think about it.
1: JL (Wario)
1: Percon (Snake/Kirby)
3: Vwins (G&W/Zamus)
5: TestRider (Zelda)
5: Ambrose (Meta Knight)
7: chesterr01 (Wolf)
7: Minus (Meta Knight)

not guaranteed to be 100% accurate but it looks like this
I play Wolf, Fox, and some other chars. I played DK once, cuz I was counterpicked on Lylat, and dsmash does well under platforms. I went Marth when I got scared of KingAce and his metaknight on Delfino Plaza. anyway...
ps. the game sucks competitively like SF2 did.
omg wtf.

shoutouts later, except one thing : cameron, thanks for hosting. I'll give more e-love later.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shoutouts to the people that I absolutely wanted to comment about

Fogel: I don't know how you can make so much well organised tournaments in a row. Props to you, you totally win Fogel. Also, don't mind my hate toward the game :p

Ambrose: You were really good man, you were like the only one that I fully saw my inferiority in pools.

Kage: Ike doesn't own. Yours do because it's right the style of gameplay you used to have with ganon AKA slow moves and mindgames. J'tais pas d'accord avec ma défaite même si j'savais que t'étais meilleur pis que j'aurais pas gagné les friendlies si on en avait fait hahah. Good game Kage. Faut aussi qu'on fasse d'autres Ganon dittos à melee yo ca own ce matchup là

Rimi: I was seeing you using DK and I was like yeah, at least he's not using metaknight or snake, it's my chance! Then we sit down and you take snake, I just wanted to facepalm. Good snake man, I couldn't kill you or even approach you, I hate you.
but I love you secretly.

Testrider: Oficially the best team partner in east coast canada. J'comprend pas comment chet a pu vouloir se débarrasser de toi et pogner elef ou ganonPWN à place, mais en tout cas. Ah pis soit pas aussi pessimiste devant notre ranking, c'est lame que tu boudes parce qu'on a juste finit 5emes yo. Ah pis good job en slinges, t'aurais pas du éliminer chet =(.

melee young link player: it was nice, it was the first time I played young link dittos in years, good old times there, keep up the good work and never give up! tiers are for queers!

GanonPWN: bad melee games dude *serre la main*

Demonic_Angel: T'as fini plus haut que moi dans les pools la vie est injuste.

Chet: Bon ben chet, t'as fait des epic brawl games ET des epic melee games hier! Ca a juste pas adonné qu'on joue un contre l'autre hier ni en singles ni en doubles c'est chiant. Keep it up though, moi j'dis qu'on train les 2 comme des mongolles pis on créé un wolf pis un olimar qui sont capable de raper les space animals metaknights
Good stuff as always, pour du monde qui jouent pas pentoute ou presque vous leur aurai donné ben gros de fil à retordre... reste à savoir si ca vaut la peine de vouloir leur en donner encore plus pour les prochains mois à venir... Pis hey faut que tu viennes faire ton tour à gat là. Quand j'vais avoir une job kkch, faut que tu viennes, pis faut que ca soit avant la fin de l'été!

I'm done from playing smash competitively, definitely. I didn't like the brawl cometition scene, it's too different and weird... And it's really too bad because I still had fun playing melee with chet and the other montreallers. Why sakurai, why?

-Wak's shoutouts

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Amazing tournament, it was really fun to see all you guys that I haven't seen since the last one. Good times and GG's. Shout outs to come later.

I must say though, stop johning about the high tiers, it makes you guys sound like scrubs.

Also that sf2 comment was hilarious, credibility thrown straight out the window with that one.

EDIT:

For southern Ontario this is like our 5th or 6th brawl tournament though, so with our experience you guys better practise.
Well I'm going to have to kick your *** then! Oohh! =P
And Montreal is awful at Brawl. Can't be worse than Southern Ontario though.
dont worry montreal will beast everyone like always even if we never play the game
Results said:
Singles Brackets

1: JL (JL/Percon didn't actually play their match out, so really it's 1/2 for both of them)
2: Percon
4: KingAce
9: Wolfblade
9: SAUS
13: Zylem
13: ThatGuy
13: Niko_K
13: "C"let

Singles Pools:

1: SAUS
1: Wolfblade
1: Percon
1: KingAce
1: Ambrose
1: Minus
1: Vwins
9: Niko_K

Doubles:

1: Asian Sensations (JL+Ambrose)
2: Pretty Cool Guys (Percon+KingAce)
3: Le Tourbillon (Damax + Vwins)
4: Unnecessary Flash (Minus + Niko_K)
OWNED!

WarranThad

Smash Ace
i was doing alright against JL in friendlies and i beat niko... (controller johns) TO metaknights ***** my face as did percon though.

good tourney, no shoutouts as i'm lazy. fun times all, though i really don't have fun playing against mk =/. need to l2p i guess.

Miller

Smash Lord
I really wish I could have made it out :(

Although Its quite funny how everyone was saying that Southern Ontario wasn't going to ****.

Cowbox

Smash Cadet
Ugh. I did miserably. I don't understand. I mean, I beat so many people in friendlies, but as soon as pools come around I get my *** handed to me. Bah. Whatev. Just a few things to say:

- "Needs More Stomp" is actually "Needs More Stump", and comprised of myself and Davedon.

- I don't know why you and your friends found ROB's D-tilt hilarious, Wak, but that's cool. I guess it's somewhat reassuring some well-known player found some sort of interest my match. =P

- I hope I at least left some impression on people there. There's absolutely no competitive scene here in SJ, so there's nowhere else to spread my name but further west.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
- I don't know why you and your friends found ROB's D-tilt hilarious, Wak, but that's cool. I guess it's somewhat reassuring some well-known player found some sort of interest my match. =P
We have a player in here that uses ROB, when he knows I approach he sidesteps then Dtilt me like 7 times in a row because of my bad DI, it does me something like 60% only with one move... and he does it like always. I have nightmares about ROB doing it many times in my face sometimes.

Jordan64

Smash Rookie
it was an awesome experience to say the least, even if we did miserably. first time any of us had gone to a big tourney outside of Saint John.

It was fun meeting all of you and playing friendlies. It awesome meeting the Wak and playing some good ol' Young Link dittos. hope to see some of you guys again.
Cuz you can be sure that we will be back!

Fogel

Smash Lord
Did anyone forget a grey Reebok sweater and/or a black jacket in my car?

1: JL (Wario)
1: Percon (Snake/Kirby)
3: Vwins (G&W/Zamus)
5: TestRider (Zelda)
5: Ambrose (Meta Knight)
7: chesterr01 (Wolf)
7: Minus (Meta Knight)

not guaranteed to be 100% accurate but it looks like this
I believe chesterr01 used Fox a decent amount too, and I know Ambrose used ICs in at least 1 game against SAUS.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I really wish I could have made it out :(
Yea dewd! Sad you couldn't make it; I would've liked to see some IC pwnage. Altho Ambrose did a decent job with that, when he used them.

The Niagara crew was pretty quick to slate me as... one of your fanboys.... >.> which is fair enough I guess LOL

Top Bottom