• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight of Smash 5 - Brawl - Ottawa, ON - Jul 5, 08

KingAce

Smash Ace
Im fine with top 16, can we request that you seperate the toronto/sauga/niagara people into different pools though? that would suck to face eachother in the pools i would want to be facing people from other regions in pools.. unless its already how you guys seed the pools

WarranThad

Smash Ace
well lets say split is 15/15/15 between ottawa, toronto/sauga/niagra, and montreal

and there were 6 pools it'd be like 2-3 people from each area in any given pool.

so you'd face something like 3-4 new people and 2 people you might be playing a decent amountish

or something

J.L

Smash Ace
hmm well theres only gonna be about 7 ppl from toronto+niagra soo yeaa thts about 1 person per pool. not too much to worry about id say.

Miller

Smash Lord
its funny how everyone spells Niagara as Niagra. I really hope I dont have to face any of my friends in pools, that would suck.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Millar how the fk are you getting there? I thought you said the greyhound was too expensive and mike isnt sure about giving a ride lol

Dufus55

Smash Rookie
I'll be coming to this too, leaving from Montreal with my brother. I have 3 more seats available in my car, PM me if you're interested with the place you want me to pick you up and I'll give you a time.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
montreal cars that aren't full (for others reference)
Damax:
4 spots (pay gas for guarantee)

Dufus+brother:
3 spots

damax i might want to come with you if you dont fill up. would make the trip more fun then stupid train.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Stuff

We currently only have 5 or 6 setups...there is no way we will have time for a crews event, or for top 32 elimination for singles at this point. We would need at least 12 setups to have time for something like that. In fact, if things stay the way they are now, I think I'll have to change pools to be 2 stock, 5 minutes in order to have enough time. We need more setups for this number of people, plain and simple.

As for singles pools, I will be sure to distribute by region, don't worry.

People who need housing: Do not fear, we will find housing for you. Please post who you are travelling with, and how you are getting here. Reason being, if people need lifts from the train/bus station, you will have to be with someone who can pick you up.

edit: Rick, I took the liberty of giving you + CPU Falcon a team name. If you don't like it, let me know :p

KingAce

Smash Ace
Ok umm, for how me, Percon, Generix, Millar n Bug are gonna get here. As of right now, me and Percon need to wait until Sunday until we can tell you if we are coming here with a car or by greyhound. By saturday/sunday I should be able to let you know Fogel.

TestRider

Smash Ace
K bin Max je shotgun une place dans ton char, pis là ça l'air que ça va me prendre un partenaire, ou peut-être que je ferai juste pas le tournoi en équipes.

Oh by the way Fogel I can bring a Wii, ain't got no TV though.

D

Deleted member

Hope everyone gets to this safe, happy, healthy. I can't come to this, I'm leaving for my cottage on the same day - I already booked it off for work! :(

Sorry Cameron :( Good luck to everyone, though.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping that more tvs would be volunteered as the tourney date approached. Fogel, if we're really desperate I believe I can manage 1 tiny tv. The thing is, depending on how things go, my friends and I may not be willing to stay the full schedule, which means we may have to disconnect this 1 tv. This old thing doesn't even have freaking AV inputs, I gotta haul an RF modulator POS as well. Lemme know if thats alright.

PND

Smash Champion
Terrible news. My Wii bricked today during an update.

It melted Melee, I still have dried molten disc all over my hand (Holy crap that burns.) I talked to Nintendo, and they said it will take 3 weeks. I explained the tourney situation, and how I was planning on donating my Wii for it as a set up, and they said they might be able to put a rush on it, but it's unclear whether or not my save data will be intact.

So in summation, I won't have a Wii for the next who knows how long, meaning no practice. I might not have it for the tourney, meaning no set up. If I get it before the tourney, I probably won't have everything unlocked.

So, this week being the exception due to the Montreal trip, well, I think you'll be seeing us a bit more at the smashfests. We need the practice lest we get incredibly rusty.

. . . AND my warranty expired.

Nukls, Haze and I were pumped to play some brawl today. We almost cried. And then the Lakers lost. We did cry. And then I lost the game.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman

It melted Melee, I still have dried molten disc all over my hand (Holy crap that burns.) I talked to Nintendo, and they said it will take 3 weeks. I explained the tourney situation, and how I was planning on donating my Wii for it as a set up, and they said they might be able to put a rush on it, but it's unclear whether or not my save data will be intact.

So in summation, I won't have a Wii for the next who knows how long, meaning no practice. I might not have it for the tourney, meaning no set up. If I get it before the tourney, I probably won't have everything unlocked.

So, this week being the exception due to the Montreal trip, well, I think you'll be seeing us a bit more at the smashfests. We need the practice lest we get incredibly rusty.

Nukls, Haze and I were pumped to play some brawl today. We almost cried. And then the Lakers lost. We did cry. And then I lost the game.
Sucks man. The wii melted your disc? wow, i dont think ive ever even heard of this occuring on a wii before.

Damax

Smash Lord
IN my car so far

ME
vwins
Test Rider
Thad
bigrick

are you all guys gonna help for the gaz? don't mind being 3 in the back?

Sorry bout teams test, Fogel, register me and vwins as team Quebec Beta

also me in single. I'm 100% confirmed

WarranThad

Smash Ace
i can get work off so unless i get some debilitating injury its cool.

and yeah damax that sounds good unless a montrealer is stranded without a lift (though theres that other car)

whats gas gonna cost about you think?

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
sign me up for this Fogel... lots of chances that I will come

Singles and Teams. Ill be teaming up with a lvl 9 Captain Falcon.
Lvl 9 is pretty good apparently, take him instead, he spikes people and ish.
KK Damax on fait ça, Chet c'est une esti de grosse tapette pis il préfère teamer avec un Snake scrub.
I guess that's what you call karma.
also, is ottawa/montreal down for coming to my tourney? its the weekend after this one. july 12th. heres a link: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174943
If I get back to montreal with some money, I might recycle it into coming back for another w-e. I don't guarantee it though cuz brawl = random piece of whatever.
pool stuff
Cameron is the Pool Master. Don't even mention it.

I'll be coming to this too, leaving from Montreal with my brother. I have 3 more seats available in my car, PM me if you're interested with the place you want me to pick you up and I'll give you a time.
Hey, you seem like a fine gentlemen! Do you have candy, good sir in your mini-van? Huh, mr. 1st-post-no introduction-creepy-feel-dude.

I read that post, and I almost cried. Dedication at its best. A bit too much, but not Bette Midler too much.

Sorry bout teams test, Fogel, register me and vwins as team Quebec Beta
*from the back of the room*

LAME! Our team name will be much better, sheesh.

buenob

Smash Lord
I'm in (if there are still spots available, skipped from first page to last), looking forward to seeing if my R.O.B. can stand up against people who play enough to bother going to tournaments

flash7

Smash Journeyman
I dont mind bringing a setup (wii, tv, power bar), however before you sign me up for that Ill need to find a ride. Anyone from ottawa got room in their car?

Bug~

Smash Ace
anyone from mississauga, brampton, toronto or etobicoke driving? I need a ride..if you can provide one, please contact me at Bug@live.ca on msn. I can also bring wii+brawl

Fogel

Smash Lord
I was hoping that more tvs would be volunteered as the tourney date approached. Fogel, if we're really desperate I believe I can manage 1 tiny tv. The thing is, depending on how things go, my friends and I may not be willing to stay the full schedule, which means we may have to disconnect this 1 tv. This old thing doesn't even have freaking AV inputs, I gotta haul an RF modulator POS as well. Lemme know if thats alright.
Yes please, any TV helps, even if it's only for part of the tourney. Actually, the TVs are most needed at the beginning when the most people are still in the brackets/pools, so it should work out fine.

Wow, that's a pretty terrible run of bad luck :( Sorry to hear about all that. Was this during a normal Wii system update? If so, I'll have to avoid updating my Wii in the future!

Lvl 9 is pretty good apparently, take him instead, he spikes people and ish.

I guess that's what you call karma.

If I get back to montreal with some money, I might recycle it into coming back for another w-e. I don't guarantee it though cuz brawl = random piece of whatever.
Cameron is the Pool Master. Don't even mention it.

Hey, you seem like a fine gentlemen! Do you have candy, good sir in your mini-van? Huh, mr. 1st-post-no introduction-creepy-feel-dude.

I read that post, and I almost cried. Dedication at its best. A bit too much, but not Bette Midler too much.

*from the back of the room*

LAME! Our team name will be much better, sheesh.
I love your reply-to-random-people posts, lots of good stuff in this one. I may even sig that bit about being a pool master :p

I dont mind bringing a setup (wii, tv, power bar), however before you sign me up for that Ill need to find a ride. Anyone from ottawa got room in their car?
I will probably be borrowing my Dad's car for the weekend. Depending on whether I have to drive people around, I might be able to help you out. If not, I can possibly get Dan to get you a lift.

omg Cam lol you almost made me fall off my chair!!!
Sometimes things just come to me.

PND

Smash Champion
Yeah, it was normal system update. It said something about Wii Menu 3.3, Miis, and corrupted save file deletion.

But in good news I was going through my attic a few minutes ago and I found 2 TVs I can bring. They are pretty tiny, around 13 inches diagonally or so, but they'll do the trick. So I can bring 2 TVs, a VCR, and hopefully *fingers crossed* my Wii.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Yeah, it was normal system update. It said something about Wii Menu 3.3, Miis, and corrupted save file deletion.

But in good news I was going through my attic a few minutes ago and I found 2 TVs I can bring. They are pretty tiny, around 13 inches diagonally or so, but they'll do the trick. So I can bring 2 TVs, a VCR, and hopefully *fingers crossed* my Wii.
Awesome to hear about the TVs, thanks!

KingAce

Smash Ace
Hey Fogel, could you confirm whos housing for everybody in Ambrose's car soon? we dont know if we should leave saturday morning or friday night yet depending on if we get housing, but it would make life a lot easier if we could get housing and leave friday night. thx...

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
lol, Yea what kingace just said. Cameron could you provide housing for us on Friday night and possibly saturday night? There is 4 people that is coming with me. And also, I could bring a TV.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
You're in our car too eh King?

A good nights sleep is probably the most important part for these things. Every tournament I travel distance too I have ended up sleeping on a floor, ( except for vwin's house waaay back) or on a bus or something.... and the next day it sucks being dead at the tournament.

friday night > Saturday morning seeing as we'd have to leave hella early in the morning saturday.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I'd like to be registered for the Singles, if there are any spots left that is ;D.

And Dufus, is that car spot still free?

KingAce

Smash Ace
haha yeah man im coming with you guys same with percon. hmm yeah I really prefer friday night over saturday morning, because I would probably have to sleep over somewhere in toronto over friday night >.<

Top Bottom