• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TV's and GameCubes

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Fire codes. Also there's a whole "BYOC" section AKA friendlies section that we can put the TVs in lol...
I wonder if we'll be able to use those 20 TV's during downtimes for the Melee tournament. Like after Pools on Friday, after Quarters+Semis on Saturday, and anytime outside of Finals on Sunday. I'm assuming there won't be any people who want to bring over their PS3's and play their games in standard definition.

So, does this mean we'll have an official area to hold limited registration 2v2's or crew battles? Or would they just be more room for friendlies? OR does everyone have to move on from the area cuz of fire codes and the timing of the games was made to specifically avoid a large mass of people crowding around too many close areas?

Tero.

Smash Champion
Fire codes. Also there's a whole "BYOC" section AKA friendlies section that we can put the TVs in lol...
Did Wizard confirm how many TVs can be put into the BYOC section? That'd be an important fact to know.
If there's only space for like 10 TVs then there is also no need to buy/bring more.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
This lag talk is cute and all but the fact is unless you put a Framemeister (expensive!!) between your specially researched HD monitor/TV(I guess evo monitors in this case) and Wii/Gamecube/other 480p device via component (which still has around half a frame of lag at best) you're gonna get input lag.

Go CRTs/EDTVs!

MrWizard

EVO Founder
OK the numbers are in.

Is the list of CRTs/GC accurate? We still need 16 of each at a minimum?

Everyone chime in please.

LLDL

Smash Hero
you can have 4 of my gamecubes to keep. how bout dat sunday access tho lol

hectohertz

Smash Ace
do we have enough tv's? if so who else wants to try to coordinate people bringing tv's to the BYOC room for friendlies?

Revven

FrankerZ
We do technically, Clowsui made the target higher than what Mr. Wizard said because Smashers tend to be flaky with TVs (which is 100% true). You can coordinate to bring setups for the BYOC though, but if it turns out we didn't meet the minimum amount of TVs needed for the pools we'll have to use whatever gets brought for the BYOC.

MrWizard

EVO Founder
If we don't have enough TV's then the tournament wont finish, and there wont be a top 8 on Sunday.

So don't flake smashers!

We are on the home stretch!

Revven

FrankerZ
I think the spreadsheet is excluding Toph's potential contribution; I heard he bought quite a few CRTs for EVO. (But he's only not on the spreadsheet because I think he didn't add himself or even knows of the spreadsheet).

There's going to at least be 11 TVs from Vegas players though.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
BRING ALL THE TVS!!!!

on a serious note, does anyone know if the airport is gonna give me **** for trying to take a small tv in my luggage?

Lovage

Smash Hero
we're obviously going to have enough TV's for the tournament itself

i'm just hoping there's enough of a surplus so we can get lots of setups in the BYOC area. 700 people waiting on 10 friendly TV's is not the moves.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Someone took my TV, which was used as the finals TV, claiming it was his. If you haven't already skipped town, I'm going to kindly ask that you return it, whoever you are.

Top Bottom