• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson smash tri-weeklys (results in 1st post) - July 19th = CANCELED

forward

Smash Champion
The next tournament will be July 19th.

9009 E. Broadway
Tucson, AZ 85710
APT 507

My phone number is 520-269-6140. Call if you are having trouble finding the apartments or need directions, etc.

Sign ups/Warm ups will start at Noon, the teams tourney will begin first at 1Pm, followed by singles. Please be on time.

Please bring Tvs/Wiis/Brawls, and powerchords. One copy of Melee is needed for the Melee friendlies TV.

Entrance fee is $5 singles and $10 per team.

Best 2 of 3, 3 stock 7 minutes
Winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals are 3 of 5
No items
Team attack on

First stage is random out of neutrals, unless players agree to stage

Slob picks - The loser of the previous match will choose stage, the winner may then change character, then the loser may change character.
Counter character - The loser of the previous match may choose to go random, then winner must then stay the same character, the loser may then change character
Dave's Stupid Rule - You may not play the same stage twice in a set, unless it is agreed upon by the loser of that stage.

Random resets - Each player may eliminate one stage from random select
Stage strikes - Each player may choose one stage to eliminate from counter picks

Neutrals - FD, BF, YI, SV
Counter picks - Halberd, Delfino Plaza, Lylat Cruise, PS1, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Pirate ship, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, PS2, Rainbow cruise, Green greens, Brinstar, and Corneria

-------------------------

RESULTS

June28th - Teams
1: Jerk style (Forward + EoW) ($64.00)
2: Woddle **** (Slick + Cory Modern) ($16.00)
3: AZC2 (Idaho + Justin K) ($0.00)
4: Team rocket (Jet4 + 2D)
5: Team Ditto (Jy + Nico)
5: Best of SV (Ricochet + Bounce)
7: $5 Footlong (CutMet + JuJu Master)
7: Team Chicken and Waffles (Dewmacracy + Xcore)

Singles
1: Forward ($58.50)
2: Slick ($22.50)
3: James Woods ($9.00)
4: Cory Modern
5: EoW
5: Justin K
7: 2D
7: Idaho
9: CutMet
9: Bounce
9: Nico
9: Jy
13: Dewmocracy
13: Syferm
13: Wookz
13: Xcore
17: Falcon
17: Ricochet

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Yes yes, melee or brawl? Thats right up in my neck of the woods. Theres like 5 or so of us right in the area that would love to come play.

phxdragon54

Smash Apprentice
haha i'm glad some good tournaments will be hosted in Tucson, though i'll have to wait for school to start before being able to go to any of them. i hope i'll have time during the semester.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
aight well sean it's cool that your enthusiastic about it but like i said i'm not 100% sure it'll be able to happen. i still haven't looked into it. i'll try to as soon as possible but i can't guarantee it happening. we'll talk more on AIM about it though.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Rest assured I will be there. As far as melee or brawl, I don't see why we can't play both. :)
shoot, i'll definately be sure to bring melee if i can go. thank God it's in tucson. much closer than phoenix lol. melee!!!!! i'll play brawl too though, but my heart still belongs to melee lol

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Brawl Doubles and singles is my vote, if needed, we can bring a tv and a wii so just let us know. The fact that its in tucson is amazing!

AXE 09

Smash Master
you know me, i'm totally voting for melee singles and doubles. i also want low tier if possible ^^ lol

EDIT: but then again... there's already gonna be another melee tourney in tempe on the same day

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
I vote for Melee singles and doubles, if we can do both Brawl and Melee that would be good too.

I'll be able to bring a Gamecube and melee, and maybe a VCR for recording I doubt it though.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Um....

Brawl singles, doubles, and melee friendlies sounds fine to me. But we can occasionally have like a melee singles tournament since bi-weeklies are fairly often and it wouldn't hurt to sacrifice one for the minority.

I'll also be able to supply a Wii, TV, and VCR to each of these which i attend. i also have capture stuff so i'll be able to do that as well

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
brawl singles. we can't NOT have that. i'm not against having melee singles as well but i'm against NOT having brawl singles.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
its at this place by his mom's house.

sean, if you're coming back to tucson after azots you want to hang out and play smash on monday?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
So, AXE tells me that it was rescheduled to the week after so it doesn't interfere with coreygames' tourney. Is this true?

Also, when will you decide what will be held at this tournament? (if you have not already)

Top Bottom