• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson smash tri-weeklys (results in 1st post) - July 19th = CANCELED

MarthMain623

Smash Rookie
thats dumb. they promised a melee tourney and there was none? manakash?

edit:

Why are we talking about this in the tucson thread

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
You're not playing the stick game.

You're not in the realm.

maXXXpower is in the realm, however.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Seriously? ****, that's sad to hear. Oh well, I guess he has to move on with his life.

When did he tell you this btw?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
he told me a couple days ago, right after he got back from NM. he just wants to do other things with life. when i asked him if he was still going to host tri-weeklies, he said no. I was also told by his brother that they're letting Slick borrow sean's wii til slick gets one.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
so are these still going strong or are they unofficially dead then? i've heard both.
The tri-weeklies are in fact dead, Forward says he's not hosting them anymore.

Tucson needs someone that can host some form of a weekly, it would be nice because then I can play with (more) people. And hopefully its someone who doesn't live in like South Tucson >_>

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
we pretty much all live in east tucson except for reid who lives by campus. but me, jet4, forward, and 2D (i think) are all in east tucson lol.

ValorInVendetta

Smash Rookie
I'm willing to host weeklies or biweeklies depending on the popularity, I'm located a half mile north west of the UA campus. We had one (reference 09K house warming thread) but the turn out wasn't so great. With enough support maybe we can make something consistent that isn't useless like the UA underground events.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
We need bigger Venues......

We should call up places and see if we can host these kinds of things somewhere. Because then we might be able to get more local attention then just the Southwest section of the Regional Zones on Smashboards.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'm willing to host weeklies or biweeklies depending on the popularity, I'm located a half mile north west of the UA campus. We had one (reference 09K house warming thread) but the turn out wasn't so great. With enough support maybe we can make something consistent that isn't useless like the UA underground events.
Really the turnout would have been better if Phoenix didn't ruin everything

Fairies

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
uh anyone wanna play some brawl or melee,i live in tuscon now so if anyone wants to play hit me up

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
phoenix didn't ruin everything tommy. there was only 11 people at the tourney, if phoenix came it would have only been 14.

ValorInVendetta

Smash Rookie
What if we held a tucson smash scene meet and great event in the tv lounge of the union? Keep the entry fee at $5 and set the date a few weeks in advance. We could see about advertising in the games room since that seemed to attract a decent amount of people last year. Perhaps we could even convince Play N Trade to let us advertise there? that one's a little iffy but they seemed agreeable enough during that last tourney.

Maybe with some popularity from that we can organize biweeklies at my house afterward.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
well the TV lounge was crammed with *****s when we went and there is no way to change the ****ing channel on the TV in the back

Top Bottom