• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Lol. You can't even show up for local smash fests let alone monthlies and you post far less than I do.

Not trying to be offensive, but I feel when it comes to Tucson, I'd be better suited for the job.
I showed up to the smashfest on Monday night at the U of A. Where were you at, homeboy??

I missed one tournament, so whatever man.

Most of your posts are from being a troll and getting into arguments.

See you on Saturday, *****.

<3

:peach:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Nobody texted, called me, or even posted about a smash fest on Monday. How is it my fault for not showing up if Tucson fails at communicating? I decided not to go to the Wednesday one due to it not being worth it. I didn't think showing up @ 10 PM and having to walk out the door @ 11:25 to be worth the effort.

You missed one, and made a post earlier in the week saying you were going to Phoenix on Saturday, and then failed to mention anywhere that you had intended on showing up to this one.

Most of my posts aren't being a troll, and generally my getting into arguments is other people disagreeing with me despite usually being correct about the subject matter.

You're already on the AZPR as a panelist. At least allow me to run the Tucson PR, especially since I'm the oldest, most experienced, and most active Tucsonite.

Jane

Smash Hero
Okami why? haha just give it to xander. it would be so much more simple, and its true he is a veteran of the tucson smash scene. imo he deserves it.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I actually like Rob's proposal, though Chris and Jackie aren't nearly as active, so I think it would suffice just to have Rob, Kyle, and I to have shared control of it, rather than plenip + us.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Do you guys want to finalize this @ the smashfest tonight? The rankings definitely need a change. Kyle and Rob do better than me in-city (Rob is 6-0 vs me in Tucson-only tourneys, and Kyle's like 3-0 in Tucson-only tourneys), plus we need to change the roster, taking off jane, tommy, tommy, spencer, and ryan, and add Lane, Jordan, Dylan, Max, Book, and Knux, (Max's roomie) and change Sean to "Retired"

We can debate who is higher between Rob and Kyle, and where everybody else in Tucson stands tonight. :)

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Do you guys want to finalize this @ the smashfest tonight? The rankings definitely need a change. Kyle and Rob do better than me in-city (Rob is 6-0 vs me in Tucson-only tourneys, and Kyle's like 3-0 in Tucson-only tourneys), plus we need to change the roster, taking off jane, tommy, tommy, spencer, and ryan, and add Lane, Jordan, Dylan, Max, Book, and Knux, (Max's roomie) and change Sean to "Retired"

We can debate who is higher between Rob and Kyle, and where everybody else in Tucson stands tonight. :)
Sean still counts as 0 in Tucson LOL.

Yeah you could probably take me off though I was thinking of playing more. I played the other night though and switching from TvC to Melee is by far the strangest transition I've ever experienced.

I'll be there Saturday as well to beat people probably :laugh: for some reason Sheik is the easiest character ever when coming back from a long hiatus.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Weekly tv lounge at the union I think. I might attend.

Yo phil is yo numba the same?

And OF COURSE Sheik is easiest, her actions require minimal effort or practice which is why I'm so **** with her.

Marth dash dances are actually pretty damn technical. Even Jigglypuff has to be more precise. Sheik is just ftilt/grab/dashattack>punish

Taqueria Pico de Gallo is ****ing awesome, their corn tortillas are awesome, their horchata is rapesauce.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Sean still counts as 0 in Tucson LOL.

Yeah you could probably take me off though I was thinking of playing more. I played the other night though and switching from TvC to Melee is by far the strangest transition I've ever experienced.

I'll be there Saturday as well to beat people probably :laugh: for some reason Sheik is the easiest character ever when coming back from a long hiatus.
If you actually plan on playing more, let me know since I live like a mile and a half away from you.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Out of curiosity, is everyone okay with the following list?

1. GamerGuitarist7 :falcon::falco::younglinkmelee:
2. Jetfour :falcon::sheik::marth::random:
3. Rubyiris :falco::link2:
3. OkamiBW :sheik::fox:
3. Silly Kyle :peach:
6. Shivknight :fox:
6. Agent Iron :fox::falco::sheik::marth::falcon:
8. KosukeKGA :marth::fox:
9. Rusty :fox::falco::gw:
10. Max :falco::jigglypuff::younglinkmelee:
11. The Raze :falcon:
12. Book :samus::marth:
13. Stretch Nutz :luigi:
14. Jordan :sheik::drmario:
15. Knux :fox::marth::roymelee:

Inactive:

12: Jane :ganondorf:
11: Tommy :ganondorf:

(11th and 12th respectively imo. From what I've seen they're both more solid players than the current 11 and 12th rank.)

Honorary Tucson:

2: Forward (retired) :falco::fox::random: (Chris is 2-0 vs Forward this season. I personally find Forward more difficult than Jetfour)
6: Nicknyte :luigi::marth::ganondorf::pichu: (A level below the Rubyiris/Okami/Silly Kyle trinity in skill. A level above the next person down. Eternally the noob gate.)
6~8: AZenith :fox::marth::falcon: (Whether or not he's better than Nicknyte/Agent Iron/Shivknight is questionable, but he's definitely a cut above the rest.)

Notes:

Kyle, Okami, and Myself are effectively tied, but ordered based on the current AZ State PR. I think it would be a better idea to finalize our rankings at the next monthly.
Agent Iron and Shivknight are effectively tied until either: A. One beats the other to make their record 2-1 or B. Shiv steps in and gives his opinion on who he thinks is better between the two.
I felt compelled to rank the inactive players, and the honorary Tucson members. :p
Characters are ranked by frequency of use, followed by skill. Even though Jackie's best character is his Sheik, his most commonly used character is Falcon. Even though Spencer's best character is Sheik, he uses Fox and Falco far more often. My Fox is effectively retired and my Link is a level above all of my non-falco characters anyway.

I'd like Tucson + honorary Tucson's opinion on the list, and how we should go about updating it, and how often, and finally, Kyle, Okami, and Myself should agree on an account name+password and ask a mod to give us control of the thread and recreate the original post. :)

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I agree with all of that. I unfortunately have to go to California (well...fortunately), but I'll still be checking the Tucson threads more than the 949
spam
thread. The only question I was going to ask about was your name not having Fox by it. I guess you've probably gone Falco and Link more often in tournament though, so I think I see it.

@Last Paragraph-We can update it either every tournament or every two tournaments. I feel like every tournament would be better and if anyone says they're going to join our Tucson community and then comes to the tournament, we can give them the benefit of the doubt and put them on the list with a * (star). If they attend the next tournament, the star is removed. If they do not, they are removed from the list. Just a thought.

TheFooL

Smash Cadet
I think Lane and I should be tied for 13th, considering we had the same record at the last tournament, and are pretty even in skill.

Speaking of the tournament, how did I place below Jank? I beat him 2-0 in swiss. Clerical error?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Yo Xander Chris is 1-1 vs Sean this season you mean anyways lol.

I'll play Elvis or Philippe to determine who's better between them and I as well if need be >_>

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
oh you're right. i thought chris won vs fox. just re watched to make sure.

in that case, gg7 would still get #1 since he's out-placed forward at both events they've entered, but if forward beat him again, that would be grounds for going back to #1.

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
2 comments.
1. Issa is a total scrub and not a single person would dispute that he's the least skilled in town (knux)
2. I literally do not give a ****, I have no smash pride or w/e, I would be just as happy being ranked dead last as not being on the list at all. I know, in my heart of hearts, that I am 100% baller as **** and *****es hump me left and right.
3. you should just give my spot to my kitten. She plays G&W. Goes by the name of Kitty.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Issa actually beats jordan a fair share of the time.

:phone:

@jordan: if you and jank had the same overall score he may have had better tie breakers.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Geez, GG7 better than Forward? GG7 is definitely getting there but I still think Forward is better.... Just my opinion I guess lol

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Geez, GG7 better than Forward? GG7 is definitely getting there but I still think Forward is better.... Just my opinion I guess lol
In Chris's defense he beat Sean at one of the two events, and out-placed him at both.

Sean's also inactive/retired, so I'm sure he has the capability to get better than Chris if he cared.

AXE 09

Smash Master
In Chris's defense he beat Sean at one of the two events, and out-placed him at both.

Sean's also inactive/retired, so I'm sure he has the capability to get better than Chris if he cared.
Yeah, the most recent results prove otherwise so I guess I can't argue with you there lol. It's just kinda how I feel when I play them. I wish I had a more valid argument lol. Uhhhhhhhh yeah :)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I understand what you mean. It was my problem with Silly Kyle. He beat/out placed me throughout all of 2010, and was higher on the AZPR yet everyone better than us agreed unanimously that I was the better player.

bubz

Smash Rookie
I understand what you mean. It was my problem with Silly Kyle. He beat/out placed me throughout all of 2010, and was higher on the AZPR yet everyone better than us agreed unanimously that I was the better player.
*sigh* *nods head* even if this was true do you have to post it on the boards? Does it really make you feel better about yourself by posting it?

Top Bottom