• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
NOTE: I just asked joey, looks like he wants to play gamer/jackie/tai he wants to play all of you (assuming) at your best since it will indeed be his last tourney for at least a year or so maybe... It'd be nice if you all could do that for him, so he can "truly understand how far/good he's become" =) thanks in advance
ok

but

where's joey going?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Okami, I'm totally up for playing some games with you this Sunday, I think. I might be going up to Tempe, but if I don't we should totally play. I hear you are into Japanese?中学校から 私は日本語勉強することがあるのに、日本語を話すの友達がほしいんだ。
分かりました。ちょうとむずかし分かるので日本語のじゅぎょうの一まる二おわりました。語勉強達 - この感じは分かりません。私の日本語はまだまだです。

Vman-Yeah, when I was writing the message, it was primarily aimed at Tucson. So I was "neglecting" Phoenix too.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion

Vman-Yeah, when I was writing the message, it was primarily aimed at Tucson. So I was "neglecting" Phoenix too.
Lol, Rob my post was/it's a /troll post..but it doesn't help when you just lie back... Axe/Tai/Taj are not Tucson...so neglecting Phx right?

anyway it's not a big deal and i'm VERY used to this, just either don worry about the post...or admit, you forgot =p it is, what it is.

EDIT: yeah I guess i'm coming to Tucson ....Jackie, Shashin both said you could play, so hopefully it happens ^^

Shashin

Smash Apprentice

あの。。。一まる二?日本語102だろう。語=日本ごのご 勉強=べんきょう=Study 達=たち such as 私達 or when used with 友、友達=ともだち=Friend.

I don't think those kanji are the subject of the sentence. >.> まだまだ=/=so-so まあまあ=so-so

分かりましたけど、いしょに日本語をれんしゅうしてあげましょうか。

I'm a 300 level student, but... UA doesn't know that, so I'll be in 101 this coming Fall. >:3 Easy A's never hurt anyone.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
yeah jackie your controller is at my appartment but i'm sure you knew that.

i'm down to smash today but i'm supposed to hang out with a girl later so it may not be til later in the evening. where are we smashing? i'm off work today but i would need to be home by like 10 because of 6am work tomorrow :(

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
So I know I've been giving you fair warning well in advance that I'm arriving on Saturday night, unlike some people...
SV-Hey guys! We're coming later today, so you guys better be ready for us!
But I just wanted to see who would be up for smashing on Sunday, July 11th. Who's down? Shashin, you up to play? I'd like to meetcha.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I've been wondering. I'm asking this because when talking to Zhu and MacD about if people would ever come to a regional in Arizona, no one really would because we don't have any good players. We have Forward, Axe, Taj, (sometimes Wobbles and Light or something like that), and that's about it. People don't know about GG7 or Jetfour or Tai for the most part (though SoCal has met Tai before on a more personal level). At any rate, it wouldn't be so bad to have only a few good players if everyone was progressing a ton to get to that level. But to me, it feels as though a lot of people don't really have the motivation to progress.

So here is where I pose this question:
Where do you stand? Are you content with your skill level? Are you fine with your prowess? Are you trying to just get better than a single person who's near your skill level? Would you like to get better? OR do you have the need to get better? The need that
so far as I have observed*
only Kyle and I have shown (And Xander to an extent, though I feel as though he does not have the right approach, no offense).

*And don't go saying that my observation powers are even lower than Jackie's. Just answer the question without any grudges.
I'm content where I stand with my skill level. Of course I want to improve but the only people above me are the ones you mentioned who everyone else knows of. I played a lot with Taj yesterday and I think I can hang with him well. We were going back and forth in pretty much all the matchups (although i think his reaction falco had the edge on me, and his mewtwo did some ****** yesterday too). Jeff is a tough one to hang with because i'm balls terrible at the pikachu matchup (which is gay as **** anyway) and his falco is too fast and technical for me to find good openings. sean is too good at the falcon matchup :( but i'm just trying to say that it's hard for me to improve at a rate right now where I will surpass any of them, but I feel like as long as I keep playing i'll (at the very least) improve at the same pace as the people above me.

Jane

Smash Hero
im not content with my current skill level, but am working the most efficiently i ever have to improve, and am happy with the progress ive been making.

so overall, im content, because im working to get better.

what time are you guys smashing at? i have work, but might be able to smash later in the evening

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
I am content with my level of skill because I feel like I have to, given how much effort I put into it and my current skill like my tech skill and my DI'ing skills are terrible, so if anyone has advice besides practice I would like it...and I suck at mindgames, decent at tech chasing, and decent at tech skill. I just think if I had the time to put in or a roommate that played smash (where you at tim) I would be better

Jeff you need to visit me!!! come down and visit anytime. smash today for me won't work I'm hanging out with Jasmine and maybe Jackie? or no, cuz of your date? I'll text you haha

Maybe this weekend when Rob gets back we can smash everybody! Ted text me if you ever want to smash too I feel like we are similar levels lol

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I'm not trying to get better than anyone. I'm just trying to have fun. I have fun by getting better. And sandbagging my balls off. Yup. **** Sheik. And Puff. Well, rest spam is hella fun. What if I sold out and become AZ's only Puff main?

I love resting out of shield versus Jeff's Peach <3

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i want to become a top 5 or 10 player and the best marth in the world (even counting emtwokay), or whatever character i'm using at that point in case i pull a c@ctwar or m2k and sell out to a better character lolz

i don't care what the chances of this happening are, and i wouldn't be devastated if it didn't, but i don't think i'd ever be even mildly content with myself until it happened

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
あの。。。一まる二?日本語102だろう。語=日本ごのご 勉強=べんきょう=Study 達=たち such as 私達 or when used with 友、友達=ともだち=Friend.

I don't think those kanji are the subject of the sentence. >.> まだまだ=/=so-so まあまあ=so-so

分かりましたけど、いしょに日本語をれんしゅうしてあげましょうか。

I'm a 300 level student, but... UA doesn't know that, so I'll be in 101 this coming Fall. >:3 Easy A's never hurt anyone.
I know the kanji for go, it looks weird when it's in the "type your message" box. dachi, I just should've memorized, but didn't. And benkyou we haven't learned.

Mada mada desu. = I have a long way to go.

Sure, we can practice. And sorry about typing in English. Brain is fried right now.

Vman-You're silly. And arrogant. But that's okay. The question portion of my post was aimed at Tucson. Show me in this where I would have any care about anywhere outside of Tucson:

Where do you stand? Are you content with your skill level? Are you fine with your prowess? Are you trying to just get better than a single person who's near your skill level? Would you like to get better? OR do you have the need to get better? The need that so far as I have observed* only Kyle and I have shown (And Xander to an extent, though I feel as though he does not have the right approach, no offense).
Oh well. I know you're going to post something silly about how I'm wrong or whatever. Try changing up your style. Don't be predictable. :) (And now I'm the one posting arrogantly, hah)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I know the kanji for go, it looks weird when it's in the "type your message" box. dachi, I just should've memorized, but didn't. And benkyou we haven't learned.

Mada mada desu. = I have a long way to go.

Sure, we can practice. And sorry about typing in English. Brain is fried right now.

Vman-You're silly. And arrogant. But that's okay. The question portion of my post was aimed at Tucson. Show me in this where I would have any care about anywhere outside of Tucson:

Oh well. I know you're going to post something silly about how I'm wrong or whatever. Try changing up your style. Don't be predictable. :) (And now I'm the one posting arrogantly, hah)

I'm very silly, and very arrogant... I wouldn't be me without these.. <3 like I said before dont let me troll you...^^

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
The question portion of my post was aimed at Tucson. Show me in this where I would have any care about anywhere outside of Tucson:
You didn't specify whether it was aimed at Tucson or not, and on top of that, the first two-thirds of your post, which LED to the question part dealt with the entire state of Arizona, so it was reasonable to assume that it was open to everyone.

The fact that this is the Tucson, AZ thread is really the only thing that hints at it, but tons of out-of-Tucson people post here anyway. Even then, it's not a big deal in the least.

Oh yeah, and I've been wondering. I'm asking this because when talking to Zhu and MacD about if people would ever come to a regional in Arizona (Tai: this doesn't say "Tucson"), no one really would because we (Tai: it's unclear whether or not "we" means Tucson or Arizona. Let's find out! don't have any good players. We have Forward, Axe, Taj, (sometimes Wobbles and Light or something like that), and that's about it. People don't know about GG7 or Jetfour or Tai for the most part (though SoCal has met Tai (Tai: I think it's safe to assume you're talking about Arizona as a state before on a more personal level). At any rate, it wouldn't be so bad to have only a few good players if everyone was progressing a ton to get to that level. But to me, it feels as though a lot of people don't really have the motivation to progress.

(Tai: Hm.... I didn't see the words "city" "town" or "Tucson" anywhere within two sentences of here. Actually, none of those words appear in this whole post.

Where do you stand? Are you content with your skill level? Are you fine with your prowess? Are you trying to just get better than a single person who's near your skill level? Would you like to get better? OR do you have the need to get better? The need that
so far as I have observed*
only Kyle and I have shown (And Xander to an extent, though I feel as though he does not have the right approach, no offense).

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Rob, your excessive formatting is pretentious lol. I find humor in it though.
Xander has arrogant word choice.
Tai doesn't use sarcasm clearly.
Chris is a little *****.
Nick is clueless.
Timmy never stops trolling.
Jeffycakes will never have a rivalry.
B-Will is in the Bermuda Triangle.
Tommy has the most repetitive jokes.
Spencer will never stop with matchup johns.
Kyle can only speak Peach.
Shiv's posts aren't as meaningful without his hair.

Johnny has the best photobucket.

I suck at trolling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HrSN7176XI

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Rob, your excessive formatting is pretentious lol. I find humor in it though.
Xander has arrogant word choice.
Tai doesn't use sarcasm clearly.
Chris is a little *****.
Nick is clueless.
Timmy never stops trolling.
Jeffycakes will never have a rivalry.
B-Will is in the Bermuda Triangle.
Tommy has the most repetitive jokes.
Spencer will never stop with matchup johns.
Kyle can only speak Peach.
Shiv's posts aren't as meaningful without his hair.

Johnny has the best photobucket.

I suck at trolling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HrSN7176XI
QFT. Well said.

P.S. I just finished a version of the music from the SS Anne with a touch from Cherrymew and a touch from myself. :)

Jane

Smash Hero
i like how my fun fact was isolated from the rest, signifying its importance and awesomeness compared to the others.

question though... how did you see my photobucket? last i checked it was private ahahah

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
I'm in San Diego right now :\
I'll try to be back in early August, which, I guess, is not much earlier than I usually come back.
Maybe I'll be by in time for the next event you guys are putting together.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
For those interested, 4 High Falcon dittos (Brawl) between Chris and myself. Contains knees, a falcon punch, a three stock, and some soft resets. They are all pretty funny videos so you should watch them all, just for the entertainment factor.

Match 1 (Battlefield)
Match 2 (Also Battlefield)
Match 3 (Battlefield Again)
Match 4 (Hey Look, Yoshi's)

I also have the one match saved from a double or nothing MM (also Brawl) between Kyle and Jackie. There's a cute part in this match that involves a bomb-omb.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGYSUWfJH7Y

Jane

Smash Hero
tommy, you should probably, you know, link us to the matches xP

edit: AHAHAHAHAH oh god that match between kyle and jackie was so good. but props to kyle's very clutch come back.

edit2: ahh i still remember that night with the falcon ****. those ragequits were too good xD MANGO KUSH!

Jane

Smash Hero
na **** that lets tread it - CHRIS ****ING LOVES BRAWL

WAIT NO NOT ANYMORE BECAUSE HE GETS ***** BY MY OLIMAR AHAHAHAHA

Top Bottom