• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ - Grand Challenge 9/19/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey, who is streaming this for saturday?

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Hades mentioned bringing a capture card, so we might be able to pull something off.

also I'm still going yay.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
DarkLink4312 said:
**** i only weight 140 lol

I was a team captain for high school team though :p
we placed 2nd and 3rd in state my years on varsity
Dastrn said:
If there's going to be a grappling event against guys that skinny, I'm drive to Tucson for it.

Only, it's gotta be submission grappling rules, not wrestling. None of this "your shoulders touched the ground, that magically means you lost" rubbish.
I'm 6'0 and weight about 155. We were ranked 6th in the nation when my brother and I wrestled. That was some time ago tho and I'm better now at MMA based more so than wrestling. And I'd be down for wrestling or submission. Reverse rear naked choke ftw :p

I'm down to box, kick box, grapple, wrestle, and hurt :D

but im also down to have fun and not hurt/get hurt :p

If anyone breaks one of my fingers and leaves me unable to do sleight of hand tho, then I'm gonna ****ing kill you. deal? haha :p

How long ago did you take second in state? And what did you place in state? If captain then 1st I would assume (although you never know, upsets happen)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm 6'0 and weight about 155. We were ranked 6th in the nation when my brother and I wrestled. That was some time ago tho and I'm better now at MMA based more so than wrestling. And I'd be down for wrestling or submission. Reverse rear naked choke ftw :p

I'm down to box, kick box, grapple, wrestle, and hurt :D

but im also down to have fun and not hurt/get hurt :p

If anyone breaks one of my fingers and leaves me unable to do sleight of hand tho, then I'm gonna ****ing kill you. deal? haha :p

How long ago did you take second in state? And what did you place in state? If captain then 1st I would assume (although you never know, upsets happen)
sounds fun.
I never wrestled. I study BJJ.
You do sleight of hand? I dabble.

r3d d09

Smash Master
screw that, i don't MM... unless i'm kinda forced to like yesterday >.>

and I'm probably the worst smasher attending the tourney. . . but I got skills in other areas in life that count :D ha.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Dude I have no idea what the rules are for beer pong... I just know that you have the hit it in the cups lol. But we shall play =]

I'm hoping to get all of us in one house so we may be staying at Ropbs (in which case Bryce you best get your *** over there too!!!)

Lol I will submission wrestle people =] No shoulder pinned stuff. Purely tap out or agree to a draw and no going for dirty/illegal moves. I weigh about 165 and I'm 6'2" - 6'3" range

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Well if your team was sooo good and you were the captain, and it was fairly recent, then I'm sure your skills will more than make up the difference in weight. In fact I'm sure your skills are so godly you would easily take 20 bucks from me in a MM. Sound like a plan?

haha kidding bro.

dastrn said:
sounds fun.
I never wrestled. I study BJJ.
You do sleight of hand? I dabble.
watch the sig youtube playlist for some of our alright ones, and wait till this weekend. Yuo will see :D

Thats cool taht you dabble in it tho. What kind of stuff can you do? Spongeball, cards, coin, etc?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yo Datrn. Ya we do sleight of hand =] I'm sleightly better but its close lol

And DL. These wouldn't be too serious anyways. When they get all serious then someone gets a dislocation or a minor fracture... not fun. So fun grappling with a hint of seriousness will be fun =]

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol me and my bro without realizing both were on posted at the same time!!!! Hahaha mindgames. We can hear each others thoughts <.< >.> <.<

Edit: Failure! Double post

tekkie

Smash Master
Waffle/pancake eating mm
it's a little late but i'll take that.

i'm the new mexico tech waffle club president. i must defend my area of expertise.

Krusteaz brand mix. Great Value canola oil. Tap water. GE waffle makers. Final Destination.

oh and i'm also open to DDR/Bomberman MMs. :|

Dekar173

Justice Man
Im sure wobbles will be down to doubles moneymatch you dekar!
Haha did you watch the livestream of me and my GF playing against Wobbles and Bryce? I dunno if Rob's gonna want to go into a MM against me after that ;)

/****talk

@everyone who mains MK- I want to do MK dittos!!! :O

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Haha did you watch the livestream of me and my GF playing against Wobbles and Bryce? I dunno if Rob's gonna want to go into a MM against me after that ;)

/****talk

@everyone who mains MK- I want to do MK dittos!!! :O
You must not realize how big of a joke Bryce's team skills are.

Dekar173

Justice Man
You must not realize how big of a joke Bryce's team skills are.
Well the ending of the match was me v Wobbles i was around 110 and he had a fresh stock ;O

Wobbles is still the **** :) After this next tourney, I'm gonna go ahead and show him how to play against Diddy Kong (I don't want to do that BEFORE the tourney lol. That would be suicide D:)

@Chris- awesome, sounds like a plan =P

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Well the ending of the match was me v Wobbles i was around 110 and he had a fresh stock ;O

Wobbles is still the **** :) After this next tourney, I'm gonna go ahead and show him how to play against Diddy Kong (I don't want to do that BEFORE the tourney lol. That would be suicide D:)

@Chris- awesome, sounds like a plan =P
Actually, from what I remember, Wobbles was about equal to your percent, but with an extra stock. Then our "homie" Bryce took Wobbles stock, and tried to become like Jesus and sacrifice himself to save the world. Unfortunately, it didn't go as he planned, and he left Wobbles to face you at about the same percent, and you proceeded to give ****.

Also I would love to learn to play vs Diddy too. <3

Jar'd

Smash Ace
forward and I are taking teams justin

tsk tsk

our double mk is too good for your wario/mk or wario/snake duo

dekar dont let justin fool, he practically mains MK lol
Actually Chris, as I remember they had to go MK/Snake to beat us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom