• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSA and CCX Present - NJ's SMASHACRE Monthly Tournaments - Nov 3rd! Final Farewell :(

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Now that it's done with, let's do some clarifications of the tournament yesterday.

Since 7 teams registered, we decided to do a round robin with a finals match. There was a three way tie for first place, but individual scoring showed that Captain Isai was second, and DaBasster was first. Captain Isai and DaBasster played out a 3 out of 5 set, with DaBasster making it on top.

Here is what the round robin looked like.

Singles was double elimination. This is what it looked like.

The turnout was what was expected, and next month will be even bigger. Thanks for coming, and see you on August 4th!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lol, I would have embraced his bracket with loving arms, man... i woulda LOVED that bracket lol, in fact thats what i wished for when i went oh wells. xD

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
@Tipo: You may have some matches of me and Sneak playing on your recorder. Is it possible to put up at least one? Maybe even one of the ones where I win :), jk, doesn't matter which one.

@Raptorhawk: You Pokefloats picking mofo, lol! I want my Marth vs your Pika on a normal stage again.

@Copycat: Next TSA training session, you, me, Shiek ditto. It's on!!111one

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
telling people that my name is pronouced "Typ
VIDSSSS!!! I uploaded 4 vids to my website. I'm doing these in order...I hope i can get them ALL up.

Now, i havent put them on youtube. I uploaded them to my website. If you want to see your match on youtube, it's your duty to download it and upload to youtube.

So far the only vids i have up are me vs nintendude...i'll get to other matches as the tape rolls. =)

Site: www.ronyan.com/tipohrc/matchvids

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Reik had a death bracket from start to finish and still won. Awesome.
roflmao. Death bracket? Did you look at who he played? I would have welcomed that bracket too. Not because the players suck, but look at who they play. Pikachu, Sheik, Marth, and I'm guessing Sensei played Marth because he was saying he's maining Marth now ugh. Dumb barf. Reik's best match is Marth he said.

but congrats having on "off day" when i win like THP always does like spammer did when i won the last cheezits like inui did when i beat him with fox back at TSA biweeklies its like you can never win vs you guys
I never said I had an "off day", I said I wasn't warmed up. It takes me like 7 hours to get fully warmed up and that's why I am TERRIBLE at smash. I'm pretty sure all I said to anyone was that "I think I could have beaten Eggm if I was playing at my best". An "off day" would mean that I DID have 7 hours of warmup and then I was still missing L-cancels.

ROFLMAO @ Velocity.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Hey you watch what you say. Do not taunt the Jiggernaught. Or else I'll pwn you with my Jiggly mightyness. Well see the one who gets ***** when we meet again.
Your Jigglypuff is okay, but I beat Anden's twice in tourny and Magus's once, as well as yours,,,,,,,, Jigglypuff is really EZ.

@Kashif: Reik had to fight all good players, though.

Reik

Smash Ace
I'm guessing Sensei played Marth because he was saying he's maining Marth now ugh. Dumb barf.
Nah, Sensei played Falco, Fox, and Sheik.

He almost 4-stocked me in the first match of Winners Finals when I tried to Falco ditto him. -_-' That's why I had to switch to Fox.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
@Raptorhawk: You Pokefloats picking mofo, lol! I want my Marth vs your Pika on a normal stage again.

I finally got him back after all that Pokefloats counterpicking. I had 2 lives and he had 1 and I grabed him on the goldeen part and did down throw so that we would both die.

Also Inui Eggm lost to me cause he chose fox and didn't bann Mute City.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
The best way to do good on Pokefloats is to be good at getting cheap kills. Like grabing people when the floats are heading upwards. Or throwing them off the edge while on the unkowns. Without cheap kills it takes forever. Me and Raptor went around the whole stage both will 3 lives left.

Onett 2v2 is crazy,
In doubles me and bass had to fight Reik and Eggm. They counterd with Onett. I did so many up throw rests. But I was the first to die. It was just Bass's Falco vs. Reik and Eggm's Falco and Fox. They all had 1 life left and were all over 100%. A car comes and hits all 3 of them, Bass is the only one who notices in time and tecs it.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
*Takes notes on how to face Tunes from Jigglymaster, the master of Jiggly :)

Definitely banning Pokefloats next time Raptor, lol!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah i'll be sure to use falco/yoshi next time i wanted to get experience in fox vs jiggs tho, and pocky!! i'll get u back i think i was still angry over losing to jiggly. xD I came at u like all game and just got ***** by CG's no johns tho that was my fault for getting angry over the loss, oh sorry spammer I didn't know it was that u weren't warmed up instead of off. xD Got my johns mixed up a bit (j/k LOL <3 spammer). But yeah i'm mad jealous of reiks bracket >< I hope i get a "death bracket" on sunday at cheezits.

Lol, roll sidestep a lot and get grabs off and when they miss their Di UPT HROW RREST Cause all of tunes plays spacies. :( :( :( That works really well lol, until they opt for bottom tier!! Yoshi's coming for ya jiggly at the next smashacre. xD

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yeah i'll be sure to use falco/yoshi next time i wanted to get experience in fox vs jiggs tho, and pocky!! i'll get u back i think i was still angry over losing to jiggly. xD I came at u like all game and just got ***** by CG's no johns tho that was my fault for getting angry over the loss, oh sorry spammer I didn't know it was that u weren't warmed up instead of off. xD Got my johns mixed up a bit (j/k LOL <3 spammer). But yeah i'm mad jealous of reiks bracket >< I hope i get a "death bracket" on sunday at cheezits.

Lol, roll sidestep a lot and get grabs off and when they miss their Di UPT HROW RREST Cause all of tunes plays spacies. :( :( :( That works really well lol, until they opt for bottom tier!! Yoshi's coming for ya jiggly at the next smashacre. xD
Don't worry eggm. My Jigglypuff style isn't always like that. If you were able to Di jiggly's up throw like Tipo mastr can (since he plays against me alot) I'd have to fight Fox like I'd fight everybody else excpet fox would own me cause Fox counters Jiggly. Oh and I'll be ready for that Yoshi the next time we meet.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
The best way to do good on Pokefloats is to be good at getting cheap kills. Like grabing people when the floats are heading upwards. Or throwing them off the edge while on the unkowns. Without cheap kills it takes forever. Me and Raptor went around the whole stage both will 3 lives left.
yea i was so off this tourny. I'm usually a master of cheap kills. I should have been able to take you out before the level went around once. Oh well. Good Job though. After the dozens of times we played in a tournaments you finally beat me. Why is it whenever were both at a tourny we always face each other? lol

@Keitaro: lmao.....go ahead and ban it....im gonna practice other counterpick stages now. I love the weird stages....well most of them. lol

@teh_spamerer: wtf....7 hours?!?.....are you serious?.....and i thought sensei needed a lot of time to warm up lol.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
@teh_spamerer: wtf....7 hours?!?.....are you serious?.....and i thought sensei needed a lot of time to warm up lol.
Yup, it usually takes around that much time. It doesn't have to be 7 hours straight of smash, but I need to play around that much to continually play at my best. There will be random matches during that 7 hour period when I'm playing at my best and ****** and then the next match I'll get like 4 stocked. :[

@WoZ - Can you move Smashacre to a different date? That's my birthday :o

pockyD

Smash Legend
bad news on the videos; they seem to be a bit skippy =\

i only watch the first one and last one but they didn't turn out so well

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yup, it usually takes around that much time. It doesn't have to be 7 hours straight of smash, but I need to play around that much to continually play at my best. There will be random matches during that 7 hour period when I'm playing at my best and ****** and then the next match I'll get like 4 stocked. :[

@WoZ - Can you move Smashacre to a different date? That's my birthday :o
This is true. I have been threestocked by Kashif, and then twostocked him the next match, and other such things...

Velocity

Smash Lord
id be able to go more if it wasnt on this date too specially since im on call once a month and u have it cycling with the same week hence why i didnt go to this one but i would go to everyone if they werent

Velocity

Smash Lord
i think thats why he spams so much hes adding minutes 8 per match to get to his 7 hrs so he can beat you or the spam drives you mad and you lose that way either way , spammy has got 1, 2 , and 5 outa the last 3 tournies i think thats pretty consistant

pockyD

Smash Legend
That's why I said I'm terrible at smash, pocky ;).
it wasn't directed AT you;

it was more of a general statement; i personally have only seen you at one tournament and you did very well, and the results show you do well at other tournaments too;

but it's just a general observation about this whole "when i'm at the top of the game i can't lose" attitude that everyone has;

sorry if you were offended or thought i was trying to insult you or whatever;

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lolz@ all the people who need time to warm up.

Natural talent FTW. :cool:

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
it wasn't directed AT you;

but it's just a general observation about this whole "when i'm at the top of the game i can't lose" attitude that everyone has;

sorry if you were offended or thought i was trying to insult you or whatever;
lol I'm not offended in the least pockyD. I'm just saying that my lack of consistency keeps me from being a much better player.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
QFT

I only need a few minutes to warm up and I'm super consistent.
STFU you two, look who you play. EL plays "haha lemme just swing my sword in whatever direction my opponent is trying to attack me from and death combo off of that even if they DI" and you play "haha let me just be a super gay character whose only weakness is a terrible recovery" Play REAL characters that EXIST and then come back and say you're super consistent after a few minutes of warmup.

Velocity

Smash Lord
id like to see people dash dance with broken thumbs both of them just cause, and then play yoshi on a controller without a y or x button, and then play falco without the b button, and to top it off play zelda without a controller so theres no way for you to play sheik or do ne thing for that matter and just sit there and get ***** like the **** she is

Inui

Banned via Warnings
STFU you two, look who you play. EL plays "haha lemme just swing my sword in whatever direction my opponent is trying to attack me from and death combo off of that even if they DI" and you play "haha let me just be a super gay character whose only weakness is a terrible recovery" Play REAL characters that EXIST and then come back and say you're super consistent after a few minutes of warmup.
hahaha you play faggy space animals

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
id like to see people dash dance with broken thumbs both of them just cause, and then play yoshi on a controller without a y or x button, and then play falco without the b button, and to top it off play zelda without a controller so theres no way for you to play sheik or do ne thing for that matter and just sit there and get ***** like the **** she is
I counted three commas. I am impressed, velocity.

Top Bottom