• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
It's that one frame difference in all movements thats making the difference.

on another note: there is a chance that about 4-5 more scrubs from Scottsdale will be attending the june 9th tourney. you best prepare for the suckage.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
Someone should definitely check the room before we set a date. Last tournament definitely showed that you can't always trust a schedule.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Last tournament also showed that even if we find an alternative venue in a timely manner people will still not show.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
Last tournament also showed that even if we find an alternative venue in a timely manner people will still not show.
When plans change too quickly hours before a tournament was about to start will piss off some people, show a sense of disorganization and lower the amount of trust they have in our ability to organize a tournament. We can't have this happen again so we need to make sure of the venue alot sooner than 3 hours before it's about to start. I know mistakes can happen and we are all human but let's just try to prevent them in the future and ensure a great future filled with smash of all kinds.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
yeah, and it's not like the other venue was right next to the U, which I knew I would have been close to at the time. And the vast majority of people wanting to go didn't want to have to find this new place.

"in a timely manner" is kind of an exacerbation. Wasn't it like... the day of that the venue was changed? not cool. The lounge is not just a room. It's a space that allows for not caring about being loud or messy or what have you. And it's next to a lot of food. And has guaranteed side-quest locations. And is just plain not a pain in the *** to get to

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
When I checked the venue that week, the website showed that it was still going to be open the day of. I shouldn't be blamed for this, blame the lazy/slow webmasters.

Within about 10 minutes of being informed that it was closed, John offered to allow us his garage. There was plenty of space, and sound would be a non-issue since it's a large house in the foothills. His place is also about a mile away plenty of fast food/convenience stores, and I'd have been happy to drive people places. I even offered to pick people up after the fact that people bailed just to chill/play friendlies, but people still declined.

Corigames

Smash Hero
No one is blaming you, it's the fact that the venue wasn't locked for smash.

Second, if the venue is not available, don't say ****. Hang loose, wait for people to start rolling in, then direct them to the new venue. You might be scumbag TO, but you'll still end up with a populated tournament.

Jane

Smash Hero
^that would be the extreme dick thing to do, haha. setting a trap and shit. "alright NOW that you're here, unable to make an informed decision, let me direct you to the new venue"

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
lance, your apartment would not fit everyone lol
It would be tight but it could work. It would be if all ideas have failed idea. I hope the U of A is open so it won't come to my apartment but I just want to make sure that the tournament gets ran no matter what

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
I'm gon' be late. Like...really late. Probably 3? I got 'xaminations in the mornin

aberz™

Smash Cadet
Man, I should of looked into this a day sooner. I would of been in my car and arriving at the tourny.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Alright. I have updated the event. The next tournament will be on September 22nd unless someone informs me it conflicts with a prior tournament that is going on. In that case, it will then be changed to September 29th.

There will only be Project M at this tournament. There will not be Melee or Brawl. This means singles entry will be $5. Doubles if we have it will either be $4 or $10 depending on what people think. We may have 1 set up for each for friendlies*.

There will likely be no doubles unless I see people are actually interested in it. In the event that there is no doubles, singles will start at 2 PM.

I am considering having 3 rounds of pools like they have it in Japan. If this happens, you must place in the top seeds (either top 2 or top 3) in 2 out of 3 rounds of pools to move onto bracket. (about a 30% chance of doing this, 70% of keeping it normal like we usually do it)

Directions:
From the I-10 freeway coming from Phoenix heading south, exit at Speedway and head east (left). Turn right on Euclid about 1.5 miles away. Turn right on 4th St about 0.4 miles away and it should be the large house on your right as you are turning onto 4th.

Please let me know your thoughts about this.

*I may make it a rule that only those who have entered Project M can play on the friendly TVs.

AXE 09

Smash Master
^Good luck at this tournament everyone! I would go but even if I could get off work, I'm too into Melee to go to a PM only tournament lol. Have fun you PM people :)

:phone:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I wouldn't go even if I could get off work. I'm too into Melee to go to a PM only tournament lol. Have fun you PM people :)

Jane

Smash Hero
I wouldnt go even if I had a job to get days off from. I'm too not into PM to go to a PM only tournament lol. Have fun you PM people :)

Corigames

Smash Hero
I wouldn't melee even if I could melee off melee. I'm too into Melee to Melee to a PM only Melee lol. Melee you PM melee :)

Top Bottom