• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Maybe you should take the hint and play melee exclusively.

Jab at brawl aside, I was impressed with k9's initiative. Real shoutouts Wednesday.
:phone:

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Elvis will be posting the Brawl results lol
Yeah pretty much this. You knew Elvis would be posting it too Kira so yeah don't try and be dumb.

As it is when Elvis posts results he usually doesn't do it specifically here but rather it's own thread in Tournament Results so ya.

iFrostyy

Smash Cadet
1: Tai- Too good. Next time your payments in gas are however much you win plus $5 ;)
2: Silly Kyle- I didn't get 3-4 stocked this time! I fuxing love your peach. No homo.
3: Falcoty- You suck<3 Mostly because you arent hyped for Skyward.
4: Okami- Didn't get to play you this time around.
5: Angel- Yoshi is such a weird matchup, and both your brothers play Falco! But gg's for sure, I'll get you next time!
5: Rubyiris- Falco dittos. Falco dittos. Falco dittos till we die.
7: Frosty- You suck.
7: Eef- Never played you :(
9: Balls Deep- Jackie. I hate to love you so much. I don't think ive ever been salty from winning before. <3
9: Agent Iron- Spencer, still to good. Not playing for months and still ******! I want more dittos with you.
9: Girku- To good. We'll have a money match next tourney for sure!
9: SA-X- Good ****! you got me this torney! I'll get you next one :)
13: Chess- Made rusty, and still pulled out of Pools! Good **** Wes, I cant wait to get that Wigi practice...I mean ****, no im not.
13: Nicknyte- The coldest Nyte.
13: L-AZ- asdfjkl;jkl;KLJASDFJKLASDFJKLASDFJKLbrinstarJLASDFJKLASDFJLK
21: Jane- I love you Johnny
29: Book-Keep at it, youre getting better everytime i play you!

Trypt

Smash Cadet
...but so many of the newer people I saw were genuinely interested in improving. It was very encouraging to see a group of guys playing someone good, getting murdered by them, and saying "That's fine, we're here to learn". The smash community needs a thousand times more of that.

Thanks. :D and don't worry, we'll be back, and MUCH better next month, now that we know how to improve, and what to work on. I speak for all of us when I say it was a very exciting and valuable experience. We had a lot of fun losing to you guys. ;D

Trypt/Bryce/Ginger Shiek

Yeeee.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. :D and don't worry, we'll be back, and MUCH better next month, now that we know how to improve, and what to work on. I speak for all of us when I say it was a very exciting and valuable experience. We had a lot of fun losing to you guys. ;D

Trypt/Bryce/Ginger Shiek

Yeeee.
LOLLLLLL

I actually remembered you as Ginger Sheik.

Sorry I'm so bad with names :\

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
1: Tai :marth: ($93.00)
Good job, broski. Will be working on the Marth matchup and being more consistent with my tech skill so I don't SD lol. Way to troll me by saying you're not coming and then showing up! I seriously thought I was going to win all the events at this tournament, and I almost did! :p

2: Silly Kyle :peach: ($46.00)
Go Peach! Gotta work on that Marth matchup. I got this!

3: Falcoty ($16.00) :sheik: :marth:
I think it's interesting you're trying Marth against me. I still think your Sheik is better, but I understand you want to win. Keep it up!! <3

4: Okami :sheik:
Damn, I thought you would get at least 3rd. Either way, I had a blast teaming with you and I'm so glad we won!! We mobbed.

5: Angel :yoshi2:
Good ****, Angel. We didn't get to play in bracket or pools this time around, but it looks like you're definitely getting better. Glad to see you guys come down to Tucson. Makes it extra hype!

5: Rubyiris :falco:
I want to see you go beast mode at the next tourney. That would be awesome if you took out Tai. ;)

7: Frosty :falco:
I totes 4-stocked you our first match in pools lol. xD You did way better the next match though. Keep it up, silly ****!

7: Eef
Good stuff in doubles and singles.

9: Balls Deep :falcon: :sheik: :marth: :dk2:
Felt good to finally beat you in tournament! I totally cheesed you on Brinstar though. Lulzkittenz. Who else did you lose to? Thought you would do way better than 9th.

9: Agent Iron :fox:
I'm really glad you made it out to the tournament! Your presence was awesome and it was hella fun chilling with you. Come out more, ***** ****!!

9: Girku :falco:
I want to see you placing top 8! Hope to see you at the next tournament.

9: SA-X :samus2:
Cori!! You're sooooooo awesome!! Your Samus has gotten so much better since last time. Great job 2-0'ing everyone in the pool (except me ;)) It was fun doubles fisting Mary Jane together!! :awesome:

13: Chess :luigi2:
It's been forever, silly nips. You should try to play more often! Btw, **** Luigi! Peach is a boss

13: Nicknyte :luigi2:
13th? No way lol.

13: Kamen :peach: :grin: :grin: :grin:
The lolipop was awesome! Hotboxing with you was equally awesome. We totes need to smoke n smash hella soon!! It's so nice to know another 420 loving Peach player, like myself. I love to eat out her tight ***** with other friends <3 Finally, another Peach to join the ranks of Tucson and AZ! <3 <3 <3 :peach: :peach: :peach:

13: L-AZ :link2:
Dat Link lol. I will curb stomp you next time we play!! :smash:

17: Trypt
Lol @ gingers

17: OKSAS
Nice Ganon.

17: K9
Lol good job not getting last in Melee, you Brawl *****.

21: Jane :ganondorf:
I love you, boo boo. I'm glad we hang out a lot a lot. Whether it's smokin' n smashin', eating out, and other shenanigans, I always have a good time. <3 <3 <3

21: KiraFlax :ganondorf: :peach:
Scrub.

25: MAU5
Good dubz matches broseidon

25: Apple Apple
Fun playing you in teams

25: Ray
Fun pools matches.

25: :) / Steven
<3

29: Book
You can do better than last!!

I met other people, but don't remember everyone's names and stuffz. The turnout was amazing and I hope we always have tournaments as hype as this one!! Great energy and I'm happy to see the Melee scene gaining momentum and enthusiasm.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
3: Falcoty ($16.00) :sheik: :marth:
I think it's interesting you're trying Marth against me. I still think your Sheik is better, but I understand you want to win. Keep it up!! <3
I agree that my Sheik is better, but either you know the Sheik matchup too well in combination with me being awful against Peach, or if you're just not as good against Marth lol.

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
there def should be. i might skip doubles so I've got the motivation to enter singles or something like that cause I wanna enter. i just can't play smash for that long in a row it's too much for me

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
1: Tai ($93.00) - Nice work man. I'll show my falco's true prettiness next time P:
2: Silly Kyle ($46.00) - I'll get there soon enough
3: Falcoty ($16.00) - Yeah more friendlie woulda been cool haha. Need more sheik practice!
4: Okami - We didn't play much but good stuff in brackets
5: Angel - good shiz bro!
5: Rubyiris - I'm comin for ya next time :)
7: Frosty - Lol was a really fun bracket match, and it was good getting lotsa falco ditto friendlies
7: Eef - awww yeah
9: Balls Deep - we didn;t play. I wanted to experience that DK haha
9: Agent Iron - Don't think ive ever really played you. next time? =D
9: Girku - step it up!
9: SA-X - I would've liked to play you again
13: Chess - keep at it man, was cool playing you. I wanna see that luigi do some work
13: Nicknyte - mario > luigi. lol
13: L-AZ - do0d you got this next time. Pivot dsmash all day

Everyone else i may have played, good matches. This tournament was amazingly fun and i can;t wait for the next one =D

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
1: Tai :marth:
You're lucky I left ;)

2: Silly Kyle :peach: ($46.00)
Good job punishing my rusty Falcon :/ I was tempted to do Peach dittos on Brinstar actually.

3: Falcoty :sheik: :marth:
Outplayed. Fun beating you in teams :troll:

4: Okami :sheik:
You only beat Tai when you train with me.

5: Angel :yoshi2:
I'm happy to see you place higher. I will donkey punch you out of your double jumps next time B)

5: Rubyiris :falco:
Start lubing your throat.

7: Frosty :falco:
Dundun...dun......dundun...dun..................

7:
Qu
eef

9: Balls Deep :troll: :dk2:
Yo cocky *** didn't even place top 3.

9: Agent Iron :fox:
Victory in Jesus's honor.

9: Girku :falco:
I need to learn your Mario antiYoshi tactics.

9: SA-X :samus2:
I will space your shield allllll dai

13: Chess :luigi2:
Needs more misfires

13: Nicknyte :luigi2: sucks

13:
Hy
men :peach:
Pro?

13: L-AZ :link2:
He's the leader of the bunch. You know him well.

17: Ginger Sheik
Start reacting to dthrow an you'll do much better.

17: OKSAS and K9
Too many acronyms

21: Shang Tsung :ganondorf:

21: KiraFlax :ganondorf: :peach:
Get your Richard inhaled.

25: MAU5 :fox:
Learn the power of nair train.

25: Apple Apple, Ray, :)
Fsmash tipper

29: Book
DK dittos lol

Copied Kyle's template.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
1: Tai: We didn't play at all. ****er.
2: Silly Kyle: We didn't play at all. ****er.
3: Falcoty: I'm going to beat you when I'm not playing ****ing awful.
4: Okami: Chokesies. Great organization this event.
5: Angel: You are probably my second favorite person to play, ever. You and Timmy, baby.
5: Rubyiris: Played like garbage, still got 5th. Step it up, AZ.
7: Frosty: I was pretty salty when you beat Jackie, but we Falco dittoed, so we're still bros.
7: Eef: You lamed the **** out of Cori. :( Good stuff in Pools, though. Sorry for ****** you in bracket, though.
9: Balls Deep: You're a *****.
9: Agent Iron: You showing up was ****ing awesome. Also god DAMN I ***** you in pools, LOL. Dat rust.
9: Girku: We always play LOL. Keep at it, bro.
9: SA-X: The reason why I had such a good time, in the first place! I love you. <3
13: Chess: You need to cheer for Elvis more often. You make him spontaneous misifire.
13: Nicknyte: Bad day/chokesies?
13: Kamen GGs. Keep at it.
13: L-AZ: We needed to play more. :(
17: Trypt Didn't play you.
17: piropka Didn't play you.
17: OKSAS: Didn't play you.
17: K9: Sorry I sandbagged you. I like your attitude, though.
21: 9001: I didn't play you.
21: Razeputin: GGs. One of these days you will make bracket. Just keep playing with Rob.
21: Jane: You're an amazing person. :3
21: KiraFlax: You're funny.
25: MAU5: I didn't play you. :(
25: Apple Apple: I didn't play you. :(
25: Ray: I didn't play you. :(
25:
29: Book: Underperforming for the loss.
29: Paul: I didn't play you.
29: ...: GGs. Sorry for ****** you.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Xander remember first match as Fox I killed myself at like 20 so I just quit out? Haha.

But yeah you ***** my Falcon but it's not like that's really a surprise =p

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Thanks for coming everyone. :)

If you guys want a tourney during finals week on the 10th of December, tell me (via text) within the next few days (since it's coming up in 2 weeks) and I'll host one. I just have to check my work schedule and see exactly when I'm working.

I'm going to do a little paragraph shoutout'y thing just based off of whatever I'm thinking of, so if you don't see your name, please excuse me as I've been up for 19 hours. :)

Let me start by saying, yes, Jackie...we should train more soon. Next time I'm free will most likely be a Friday or Saturday. Unfortunately, I never seem to be free during the week cause of work and school (though hopefully I'll be more free during finals week). I really would like to start excelling in the Marth matchup again, so yeah, during winter, I'm going to train with my buddy Ryan. I also would like to start doing well against Sheik's, and so I'm either going to need to stick with Fox, Falco, or Sheik to combat Coty (who is brilliant at all 3 of those matchups). I enjoyed teaming with you, Kyle, at the tournament. It was really fun, and the more we work on our team chemistry, the better we'll do. Perhaps we can even team at an out of state tournament at some point and place top 10 in teams. Xander, I enjoyed seeing you there, and I really appreciate all your help in running the tournament and pools. Speaking of which, I'd like to thank all those who I tasked with running their pools. I really appreciate the help. I say this without any reluctance, but I am glad Brawl was there, not just because it boosted the number of entrants, but because I genuinely like the Arizona Brawl community. It was really cool meeting some new faces, such as :) (smileyface) and K9. You guys are really cool dudes, and I'd like to see you guys again, even if you didn't touch Melee again (though you guys seemed to enjoy it at least a little). I enjoyed playing the guys from Casa Grande (I hope that's the name of the place near Florence). I really hope I could teach you guys some stuff that you can take back and practice, just as good players in SoCal (MacD, C0nn0r, Zhu, Fly Amanita) had taught me early on. Ch3s, you're a cool dude too. Keep playing and keep practicing! ... (dot-dot-dot), you're a cool dude, and I think you've got some potential. This is kinda advice to everyone who does it...stop rolling. Like, now. And you'll instantly get better (hyperbole). But if you guys explore your other options out of shield, such as aerials and waveshielding, you'll definitely gain some insight on your character and how you play this game. And practice your ATs (advanced techniques) whenever your opponent is KO'd. It's the best time to practice. Don't just stand there/charge needles/taunt. I really enjoyed talking to you all. :) Raze, I know you won't read this, but you're da bomb. <3

Happy Thanksgiving guys. :)

~Rob (a.k.a. OkamiBlackWolf)

Top Bottom