• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

Zerakin

Smash Rookie
There are five of us that are on our way to the tournament, but we had a tire blow out. We will be about 15 minutes late and there are 4 of us that want to take part in doubles. If registration could be extended, we would much appreciate it.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Singles
1: Axe ($80.00)
2: GamerGuitarist7 ($45.00)
3: Tai ($15.00)
4: Silly Kyle
5: Forward
5: Rubyiris
7: Okami
7: Falcoty
9: AZenith
9: Frosty
9: Nicknyte
9: Agent Iron
13: SmurfyEXE
13: KosukeKGA
13: Max
13: Shivknight
17: Rusty
18: Book
19: Noctournez
20: Raze
21: Jane
22: TommyDerMeister
23: StretchNutz
24: Duff0
25: OKSASOGLU
26: Jank
27: The Jew
28: Zav

Doubles

1: Sean and Coty (Sean and Coty) ($32.00)
2: Jackson 5 (Tai and Tony) ($15.00)
3: GET DOWN!!! *Whipsh* (Noctournez and Axe) ($5.00)
4: Kaminari (Dylan and Rob)
5: Foxy Boys Moddling School (AZenith and James)
6: Frosti and Rubyiris (Sean and Xander)
7: Teach Me How to Rusty (Rusty and Duff0)
8: Stocking and Garter Belt (Smurfy and Elvis)
9: Cauliflower (John and Jeremy)
10: It's Like They're Playing Singles (Ben and Brad)
11: JoshPaul and AaronFris (Josh and Aaron)
12: Pope Benedict Arnold Schwarzenegger (Jordan and Lane)
13: JoshFris and Steven (Josh and Steven)

oksas

oak-sauce
i had an awesome time. definitely coming to the next one if i can. i apologize about having to leave early, though; i thought i would have more time and i wanted to keep playing.

but it was fun stuff nonetheless.

ggs

Jane

Smash Hero
shoutouts:

lane - your scooter thing is ****ing amazing.

tommy - thanks for letting me grip n sip on that raspberry coke. ish was too delicious. and thanks for paying for my singles <333333333333

jackie - thanks for teaching me more facts of bush superiority.

xander - thanks for farting into my face. hahahahah

tony - YAOWA!

iFrostyy

Smash Cadet
I did better then I expected as well. Had a lot of fun yo!

Rusty- Falco dittos on FD to much fun.

Sean- Endless Falco dittos on Yoshi's a lot of fun, despite getting wrecked; learned a lot though. Thanks for the enlightenment on the ride home; I learned a lot. And watching you j!zz yourself during GF's was way to much for anyone to handle.

Tony- Ice beams.

Xander - Fun teaming with you. f@g <3

Jeff - Whatever was troubling you yesterday, feel better d00d!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Shoutouts:

1: Axe: I still can't believe I beat you. Falco ditto rotations with Frosty was too good. Thanks for going Fox/Falco in finals. I know that might upset you, but just about everybody loves your space animals. <3.

2: GamerGuitarist7: As much as I want to beat you, our sets are too good. Always MAD entertaining.

3: Tai: It's only a matter of time before I finally steal a set from you. I think once I gain more confidence in my defense I'll stand on-par. Once you gain momentum I have a bad habit of turtling into my shield and you have great reaction time on grabs, so I get *****. :p

4: Silly Kyle: Good stuff. I'm a little disappointed in my performance game 2 and 3, but you earned that win, so no johns. I'll get you next time.

5: Forward: Your reaction during GF was the best thing ever. Definitely disappointed i didn't get any friendlies with you though.

5: Rubyiris: You're alright.

7: Okami: Good stuff running the tournament. It ran a little late but definitely not your fault. Other people were sometimes holding up the bracket, playing friendlies, Elvis switching his wii to a not-melee set-up, people who brought cubes leaving early, not having as many set ups as normal, etc. You and shiv as usual dis a great job of getting the tourney started, then you, shiv, spencer, and myself ran around getting people to report their wins. :p

7: Falcoty: Good stuff today.

9: AZenith: I really expected you to do better than you did today considering how even we were going earlier in the week. You really had Coty, but I guess you choked. You'll get 'em next time. I'm sorry for ruining your losers bracket, since you had a realistic chance of beating me. You were one of the players I was worried about not named forward/axe/tai.

9: Frosty: Thanks for teaming with me. I normally hate teaming with other people, but you definitely did good, so no complaints. You never play doubles anyways, so for how well you did, I'm impressed. Just keep in mind the things I suggested, and try playing teams with the Phoenix crew a little more often and you'll be much better. Good stuff in singles. I see improvement every time we play. :3

9: Nicknyte: Tough bracket. Me, followed by a Sheik in r2 losers? **** sucks. <3 you man.

9: Agent Iron: Use Sheik more. Also, we should play some TVC/Melty/Smash before I go to Job Corps.

13: SmurfyEXE: Good stuff at the tourney today. Your link is still legit.

13: KosukeKGA: I enjoyed watching your games, and talking about other fighting games with you. :3

13: Max: You'll do better next time. Work on your laser game. Chris and I can show you what I mean next time we get together.

13: Shivknight: It's always upsetting looking at your brackets. You always get these brackets with people slightly better than yourself, or you do exceptionally well and choke at the last minute. I dread, AND anticipate the day that you stop choking and start consistently placing top 8 or higher. Mad respect. Definitely my favorite person. <3

17: Rusty: Let's play more. I think you could have done better. Good stuff beating Max in the MM. Now lets get you placing higher.

18: Book: Work on adding just a little bit of standard play like wd back ftilt/fsmash and you'll see a massive improvement in your game. I'm not saying 100% emulate hugs or anything. Personal flare is always important in my opinion, but there comes a point where you do need to do generally solid play to get to the next round. Find a way to have your own personal style, AND play well and you'll be someone to worry about. :)

19: Noctournez: I didn't really talk or play with you. :(

20: Raze: You looked pretty down during singles. Don't give up. You're always improving whenever I see you, and you've got Rob as a mentor so you'll definitely amount to something. Good stuff during doubles. You've got impeccable knee timing and spacing during doubles.

21: Jane: I'm still very sorry that happened. I was sooooooo embarrassed. :(

22: TommyDerMeister: Omg you exist. <3. also I got a pretty good picture of you. :3

23: StretchNutz: Play more and you will ****. You have the knowledge of your character, but you lack the experience necessary. Something I've said for years is that skill and knowledge don't really go hand in hand with smash. It's one thing to know everything about your character, or even every aspect of melee itself, but it's another thing to be able to actually play well. Mad respect for you, though. <3.

24: Duff0: It's really odd seeing you place this low, but you're a 13 year old girl, so it's understandable.

25: OKSASOGLU: Not sure if we played. :(

26: Jank: Now sure who you are. :(

27: The Jew: Keep playing with rob, watching sheik and doc videos, and asking forward/rob/southpaw/spencer for sheik pointers and you'll be good. :)

28: Zav: Don't think we played.

Special shoutouts:

Taj: You're a boss. Always a pleasure talking with you, and getting ***** by your low tiers. Definitely my favorite Marth, and my favorite Link player right here.

V3ctorman: You're a ***** for quitting melee, but you're still one of my closest friends, one of my biggest inspirations, and my favorite player. <3.

Jackie: You're a troll *****, but I love you. <3.

Noctournez

Smash Cadet
This was awesome. I had a blast meeting and playing everybody, and those I didn't get to play against, get at me the next time we meet up so we can play!

Haha I didn't talk much yesterday I was on 1 hr of sleep and was hella tired all day. Props to AXE for driving home safe in Zombie mode

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
it's only a matter of time before i understand falco's push/pull thoroughly and tap dat ass like papa taj <3

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Taj we should commentate more together. It's fun, and I could use the work on my ability to form thoughts quickly, and project when speaking. I'm still way too reserved when it comes to commentary, and I'm still spending far too much time trying to articulate what I'm trying to say. It's not professional to be talking on the mic being like "Ummmmmmmm" whilst forming a sentence. :p

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
awesome tourney guys! was cool to play again with everyone. wish i could have done better :[ thanks for hosting okami, you're a cool guy. grats to axe and gj to tai and rubyiris, you guys rocked. gg7 you suck

Top Bottom