• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
tentative carpools:

1. jeff
2. tony (?)- never said he was going, but i'm just assuming
2. glich
3. jared
4. noctournez

1. coty
2. me
3. whiplash
4. frosty
5. duffy

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
>______________>

Says the guy who loves BBCS and has not played the other two but takes great interest in SSF4 :p.

Nah I know you're just trying to get more on the Melty scene lol.
I don't really love bbcs/bbct tbh.

I've played TVC a fair share. I play Zero and Ryu. Bad I know, but idgaf. They're my favorite characters. Regardless, I like it slightly more than I like MvC3 which is a terrible, terrible game.

SSF4 is legit as **** tho. I suck at it, so I just spectate lol.

Melty Blood is a game I honestly enjoy more than I enjoy Melee and I wish more people played.

The game is apparently based off of a hentai. Which explains why Xander likes it so much too lol
@Tai: The scenes are inherently censored. :p

1. The game is based off a visual novel which also happens to contain very comical sex scenes which have no relevance to the plot. In the options menu you can opt to remove them entirely.

2. M.U.G.E.N. is actually what got me into Melty in the first place. I fell in love with Red Arcueid and Hisui when playing mugen, and when browsing mugen videos, I discovered the games those characters were from and got into the scene. I learned more about who I wanted to play, and the competitive scene as time passed.

3. I didn't play the VN until many years later, AFTER I watched the Tsukihime Anime.

Is there an option to enable more scenes and have less playtime? In fact, I just want cutscenes without even touching the controller.
The VN doesn't work that way. The scenes show pictures of the character whom you're having a conversation with doing various facial expressions whilst the two of you talk. Occasionally you're given a list of questions to ask/responses to questions presented that decide the "path" you take.

There are no real cutscenes. Just one-shot pictures with gargantuan walls of text.

Melty Blood is the choice of gaming hipsters.
Actually that would probably be something like Hisoutensoku. Melty Blood actually has a relatively decent following. (Just not in Tucson. :p)

The Touhou fighters are very obscure in comparison. Another hipster game would be the Umineko fighting game. A really, really ****ing bad game that people still play anyways. :|

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
@Shiv-Yeah, that is the tournament name. The names are simply jokes anyways. That's why I decided to change the thread to "Tucson Monthlies". It's more informative than "Kakatte Koi Tournament".

@Xander-Twas making a joke about watching a movie instead of playing a video game.

@Angel-Yoshi! <3

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I tried playing some Yoshi and Mewtwo yesterday, I don't know how you guys make them seem so fast props.

*starts playing Falcon and Fox*

I also miss playing as Mario.

Damn I make too many posts being indecisive with characters.

I think I'll hop back into my Mario phase now.
and play countless salty matches vs rob on fd

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I tried playing some Yoshi and Mewtwo yesterday, I don't know how you guys make them seem so fast props.

*starts playing Falcon and Fox*

I also miss playing as Mario.

Damn I make too many posts being indecisive with characters.

I think I'll hop back into my Mario phase now.
and play countless salty matches vs rob on fd
Those were legitimate reasons why you weren't winning. :/

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Sup guys, I'm probably going to be late to this. Like a little after 1pm. Decided to try and cram a programming competition in that morning.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
rubyiris if we yuma people can go to this monthly, i challenge u to tvc
I'm really bad so you'll probably **** me. I'm a pad warrior but GCN pads suck **** for anything except Soul Caliber and SSBM so I'm effectively crippled LOL.

Challenge me at Melty Blood. ;D

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure you will do just fine. You have Zero on your team and he's god tier. I've never heard of Melty Blood, but im willing to try it out if you play a few rounds of tvc with me.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I'm sure you will do just fine. You have Zero on your team and he's god tier. I've never heard of Melty Blood, but im willing to try it out if you play a few rounds of tvc with me.
Zero isn't god tier. TBlade is the best in the game.

Me and Nicknyte will have TvC there though.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
All of his moves are low cooldown. But if we go ill play you too. I use T Blade and Ryu
:phone:
Yeah but he doesn't do enough damage to be considered the best, he either needs an assist or some serious Baroque to really be a threat. And even when he does BBQ(Baroque) you don't have to Burst(Mega Crash) his stuff that much since he still won't do much even with BBQ.

He can also be thrown at certain points of his blockstrings.

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
No mid-and-below tier tournament, that's gay. 64 tournament will happen and can't be stopped. And we'll be recording on Mupen. and I will be commentating. Singles not first because often times some people are late and would thus be unable to attend.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
whats the phoenix car pool situation?
teams > low tier (my vote)

EDIT: Frosty's driving to Tucson. Who wants to go home before IHOP with us?

AXE 09

Smash Master
You all should know me by now. I want a low tier tourney lol. There hasn't been one in AZ for at least 2 years that I know of. I've never entered one before and I've always wanted to.

You said lol, not serious enough apparently. $100 versus your Falcon.
If you're being serious, then I'll accept for $50

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
low tier tourneys sucks. low tiers are only fun when fighting high tiers since for some strange reason good characters are combo food LOL.

+1 Doubles.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but he doesn't do enough damage to be considered the best, he either needs an assist or some serious Baroque to really be a threat. And even when he does BBQ(Baroque) you don't have to Burst(Mega Crash) his stuff that much since he still won't do much even with BBQ.

He can also be thrown at certain points of his blockstrings.
alrite i see what you mean. If you take MvC3 as well you should play Whiplash. He's probably the best in yuma right now.

@Rubyiris-If we go i challenge your falco/fox to a $5 MM. I want to see how much my marth has improved.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
alrite i see what you mean. If you take MvC3 as well you should play Whiplash. He's probably the best in yuma right now.

@Rubyiris-If we go i challenge your falco/fox to a $5 MM. I want to see how much my marth has improved.

sure .

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
So yeah, I'll be in the TV lounge studying tonight until you guys come (if you actually do plan to show up).

Then I'll participate tomorrow! Unfortunately, I don't have the 360 copies of SSFIV or MvC3 with me now. :<

Or BBCS.

Top Bottom