• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

TheBook

Smash Rookie
good matches, hopefully my Samus makes it out of pools next month. A special thank you to flagstaff for coming down, and thanks for all the friendlies to everyone

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Okami, would you please upload the bracket image, and the pools images? I have an ASSTON of videos that I can't tell if they're pools, mms, or bracket matches.

Shoutouts:

1: Axe ($60.00) - We haven't played friendlies in over a year. :\

2: GG7 ($30.00) - You're a *****. Finish your food you piece of ****. <3

3: Forward ($10.00) - I had a load of fun playing friendlies with you, and I think they really helped out with my bracket matches.

4: Okami - Good stuff vs Tai. Your eyes were so red lol.

5: Rubyiris - You're fat.

5: Tai - Don't lose to people worse than you. Also if you see this before videos are uploaded: all you have to do is re render the videos in ssbm's native resolution and the tearing will go away.

7: Super Serious Stoned Kyle - I'd greatly appreciate it if you learned to acknowledge your losses.

7: Angel - You were on fire today. Good stuff.

9: Shivknight - Good to see/play with you again without having to deal with hd tv lag. =)

9: Girku - Your marios pretty legit.

9: Falcoty - I had fun playing with you post-tournament. =)

9: Tag - I had fun playing with you post-tournament. =)

13: Rusty - I was really happy to see/play you again. =)

13: Nicknyte - You are the best smasher.

13: Tipper - Good to see you again.

13: Lvl9 - Good stuff in teams.

17: Sunnycide - We need to play more.

17: Jane - We need to play more.

17: Japsicant - I don't know you. :(

17: Book - Good stuff in teams.

Alex: Awesome to see you again. =)

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
personally i think elvis should have the win but its whatever. lol okami won fair and square but man that sucks. something like that would happen to elvis. lol and yeah you should just ban brinstar completely. and i wanna see vids of that lv. 9 guy i wanna see how good my doubles partner did haha

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
dang im so mad tai lost to okami again! gah! well its whatever good stuff again okami. as long as im not the one losing then im fine with it. :p jay-kay

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
so.....................did fo'wid 3 stock everyone at the tourney? he must really good to 3 stock everyone and still place 3rd *nods in approval* (sorry this was just to spencer no offense to fo'wid <3)

AXE 09

Smash Master
I agree with Joey. Nobody gives Rob enough credit. Like seriously, what else does he need to do to prove himself?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
so.....................did fo'wid 3 stock everyone at the tourney? he must really good to 3 stock everyone and still place 3rd *nods in approval* (sorry this was just to spencer no offense to fo'wid <3)
It's because he doesn't get enough practice with me anymore :p

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
yeah if he played YOU he would definitely start 4 stocking everyone again LOL alright im going to stop after this cause i have to keep my promise. so no more!
I could quote some things from him but you probably wouldn't believe me so whatever. S'all good.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
nah i just dont care. but anyways on to more important stuff. yeah if i was okami and you guys treated me like this i would never played this game again so come on just give the rank to him :) but just saying if i were there okami would NEVER get 4th LOL jay-kay ive never played okami in tourney so i dont know

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm not discrediting Rob, but you're all really stupid if you honestly think rob is better than tai.

**** I still refuse to believe rob is better than me. Sure, he's beaten me a few times at weeklies, but I still have a better record vs him where it matters.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
I'm not discrediting Rob, but you're all really stupid if you honestly think rob is better than tai.

**** I still refuse to believe rob is better than me. Sure, he's beaten me a few times at weeklies, but I still have a better record vs him where it matters.
well his performance speaks for itself. hes beaten tai 3 times i think possibly more and tai has beaten him 0, his placing in tourney phenomonal and he beats everyone who claims to be better. maybe tai isnt as good as you guys think he is (no offense to tai) i mean if he REALLY is as good as everyone views him he wouldnt lose to someone worse than him right? its just not fair. shoot i mean you guys would put silly kyle above me on rankings right? not saying that i am better than silly kyle or anything but does tai get special treatment or something? thats also not fair. and tell me how is tai better than okami? what does he have over him?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion

I wanna say Tai and I are on the same level. :(

Also...technically...Tai's beaten me 4 times and I've beaten him 4. He beat me at my first AZ tournament at Darklink's house in Fall of 2009. He also beat me again at Abe's house early next year. Then, I beat Tai last stock last hit in this match: April 17, 2010
Tai lovingly left this message:
Tai said:
with all due respect, i'm going to f*** your s*** up next time <3

(don't take this the wrong way. I PUT A HEART. i'm not johning this loss. i'm just confident i'll do better next time)

ATVSmash 9 months ago
3 months later, Tai beat me in pools for the 3rd time. And in bracket, I beat him 2-0: Forrest's House Tournament
Jackie said:
@ATVSmash ;)

jetfour07 6 months ago
At the October 13th tournament, I beat him first game. He went Falco and beat me second game. I counterpicked Dreamland and was down at high % to his new stock. I bthrow gimped him off the right side at 0% and won the set. 3-3

This tournament, he beat me in pools, and I beat him 2-0 again.

So right now, we're 4-4. I feel justified in saying, based on Arizona tournaments, I think we're on the same level. You know?

AXE 09

Smash Master
I wanna say Tai and I are on the same level. :(

Also...technically...Tai's beaten me 4 times and I've beaten him 4. He beat me at my first AZ tournament at Darklink's house in Fall of 2009. He also beat me again at Abe's house early next year. Then, I beat Tai last stock last hit in this match: April 17, 2010
Tai lovingly left this message:

3 months later, Tai beat me in pools for the 3rd time. And in bracket, I beat him 2-0: Forrest's House Tournament

At the October 13th tournament, I beat him first game. He went Falco and beat me second game. I counterpicked Dreamland and was down at high % to his new stock. I bthrow gimped him off the right side at 0% and won the set. 3-3

This tournament, he beat me in pools, and I beat him 2-0 again.

So right now, we're 4-4. I feel justified in saying, based on Arizona tournaments, I think we're on the same level. You know?
What I got from this was that Tai used to beat you in the past, but lately you've been beating him (with the exception of yesterday's super tight set in pools 2-1, but then you beat him 2-0 in bracket).

Recent results are more important than older ones, know what I mean?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
gooooooooooood **** Rob!!!!

goooooooooooood **** Xander............

Also @ Joey... idk remember idk... maybe idk... 4-5 months ago back.. I remember when I WAS IN ROB'S shoes.. everyone thot I was all washed up.. *sigh* silly tucson/phoenix smashers and their stupidity...just do what I did.. and IGNORE everyone...

Ignore all the critics rob good shi keep it up...!!

Xander good job...

AND ANGEL............Yoshi son!!! I wish I could've watched you ****...

Axe - Glad you won... I told you man, you got this as long as you do your thing.. and most importantly have fun!!...

shoutouts to rest of you later...

AXE 09

Smash Master
Shoutouts :)

GG7 - "I'm gonna do so bad this tournament. I'm gonna get like 7th or something *sadface*" Dude I told you that you'd do just fine!!! And I predicted that you would get top 3, and you got 2nd and beat Forward for the first time! No matter how much you doubt yourself, I know where you stand, and you might be better than you think :) Congrats man, you did excellent.

Forward - Bring it back man. We all know that if you really want to win, the old Forward will rise and dominate once again. Please keep playing and trying you're best. You're an AZ legend, and the scene wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for you.

Okami - Thank you for taking your time to run all of these tournaments :) you did really good this tourney! The only sets you lost in the bracket was to GG7. You're better than people give you credit for, and it's time they realize it.

Rubyiris - Crazy how much better you've gotten. Your Falco actually looks REALLY good now, and it was hard for me to believe at first but I accept it now. You're a good player. Keep it up :) You're awesome.

Tai - Hopefully one day you'll put all of our training to use and win one of these lol. We'll see what happens in the future.

Silly Kyle - Your peach ALWAYS gets better EVERY tournament, wtf. Every time I see it, you have something new to show me. You're really impressive man :) See you at the next tourney!

Angel - Dude wtf..... Your Yoshi..... wtf wtf I'm always speechless watching that thing. All I have to say is that you're freakin amazing!!!! You did excellent this tourney

Shivknight - I love all your characters :) I love the way you recover with Marth: Forward b the opposite direction, DJ Bair, then up-b even when nobody is anywhere near you cuz your opponent's dying off the top lol. You have one of my most favorite playstyles ever!

Girku - Omg our random MM was intense!!! I hope that gets uploaded :) great matches man!!

Falcoty - You're awesome =D Fun playing friendlies with you =P

Tag - Thank you for teaming with me. We did great!! I feel like our teamwork is pretty good. Thank you so much for supporting me all the time :) it really means a lot to me.

Rusty - Wtf you haven't played in forever, in yet your Falco still looks amazing!! No fair *cries* lol. I love Falco dittos on Corneria =D Man I missed you so much haha.

Nicknyte - The boss!!! Do I even need to say anything? You know how amazing you are lol. See you in 2 weeks!!

Tipper - Man we didn't even get to talk much or anything :( We'll definitely play next time :)

Lvl9 - Dude you're awesome! It was great meeting you. You are really good! Hopefully I'll be seeing you a lot more. We never got to play and I still wanna play some friendlies or something! It was great hanging out at the Cellar and just talking and stuff. See you next time man :)

Sunnycide - You're so cool lol. Nice seeing you :) Yoshi is so cute haha.

Jane - Man... why are you always so cool? You're pretty much the coolest guy in AZ. I freakin love you!

Japsicant - Hopefully we'll get to play next time :)

Book - We need to play/talk more! Hopefully next time :)

Taj - I wish you entered :( Everyone loves you man, and even if you didn't enter, it was still amazing having you there and it would never be the same without you :) You're one of the most amazing smashers of all time, and also one of the most amazing people anyone could ever meet. Keep yo head up high! You're the best =D

Vman/Joey - Thank you guys soooooooooo freakin much for supporting me... If it wasn't for you guys (and Brian), I wouldn't be what I am today. All of the support you guys give me really drives me to keep playing and improving. It makes me so happy that you guys have my back, and you guys mean the world to me <3 (no homo to any of this). Seriously, thank you guys so much. I can't say thank you enough. I don't think I would've won without your support.

Nick - I love you =D

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
@ arizona
... I just moved to this state in Jan. I figured i would find a local tourney and secure my top 5-7 position easily. Needless to say i was QUICKLY put into my place at the bottom :)
You guys are a bunch of top notch individuals. Everyone i met saturday was friendly, intelligent, and darn good at melee.
I appreciate all the insight, tips and matches that i got to play with you all. I dont really remember all the names. ( met a lot of people!) but shoutouts to those i do.
@Rob- Youre BA. Thanks fore teaming with me without even knowing who i was. I think we did pretty well for never having played together. Also great tourney you ran there. Ill definitley be back. And any other times you guys are free to play.
@ book (i think) youre cool dude. I think we played like 100 frendlies. Fun times. We probably should have been trying to better our mains though.lol. Work that ten thousand pound samus :)
@shiv -id hate to play you when youre not tired. And yes you do look BA with that hat!
@Axe i already told you about your pika. Disgusting
@i think zander? Falco dude. For some reason i thought you were just good. Then by nights end you were ripping it up. MAN!
@ angel y.o.s.h.i? Short throw egg to downsmash edge guard. Genius!! I loved it!
@sssk - teach me your ways
@oh forward nice talkin to you. Pretty insightful guy and ty for the training tips
Well i really dont remember the other names so youre in the general shoutout because you are awesome if you were there.
Cant wait till i can hold my own against you AZ dudes. You guys got game!

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
I spent most of my time playing darkgiru and coty jaja.
Coty - I like playing your Sheik a lot, it's good practice and you don't camp stall at the edge even between stocks. It would be a lot better if you learned to gay spacies off the edge. I'm sure you'll be back on top once you derust some more.
Darkgiru - Your Falco is good at spacing defensively when it wants to be, stop teching in place! Jajaja. You've got some good reads, work on your offstage game and abusing utilt/bair and I think you'll be that much better.
Jeff - We have 98 money matches to go. You're lucky I had to handicap myself by going random as well instead of working under the regularly stipulated conditions ;)
Tai - I'll start practicing my weird Falco again to piss you off in tournament matches.
Xander - Thanks for the shrimp.
Shiv - Thanks for the pancake.
Elvis - You the man, you got errbody's back

I was extremely disappointed in this IHOP visit's lack of fine booty :(

Top Bottom