• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble with dancing blade?

Ever since OlimarFan gave me his gamecube controller i have not been able to effectivly use dancing blade...my first two hits come out fine but then after that Marth just stops attacking. I have only done a complete dancing blade combo a few times. This did not happen with the wii remote. Is it just me?

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
You're pressing repeatedly, right? For me at first, I pressed and held, only getting the first slash. Later, for the full combo, I held down to early...

nonemus

Smash Rookie
IIRC, Shaya had the smae problem. PM her as to how she got it resolved.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
*sigh* Nonemus... *sigh*

The issue was that I wasn't suited or used to my new controller. It just takes time for the motion to work out. It's pretty much just tap.tap..tap.(half)tap.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Yep, same happened with me...it sucks. Just keep using the controller, over use it. Youll get used to it.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
**** you guys there's a freakin' Q&A thread for a reason.

Anyway, its just you my friend. You are most likely hitting too quickly.

Fatalzyntax

Smash Apprentice
Its a rhythm thing.... not a button mash, don't press B until he actually finishes the previous Sword Dance

ProSnaiL

Smash Rookie
Mmm try doing slowly than get it faster little by little till you get the right timing I used to have this problem...

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Obviously there is deliberate timing to this move - but why does this timing seem to suddenly become irrelevant when using wiimote+nunchuck? I could be wrong as I've only used the wiichuck for Smash once or twice, but I remember being able to mash B and get all the hits of dancing blade to come out.

EDIT: Tested it out some more. There is no rhythm required, actually - just press the B button in succession at a slower speed. Like me you were probably pressing it too quickly. Try different speeds until you get it.

Mka

Smash Rookie
Best way to do this is to just randomly switch left, right, up , down etc and no matter how fast you push it it will get off all of the combos. Though I am sure if you want it to be a bit more reliable you could just switch between hitting left and right while mashing B. This is how I do it and I can always pull off all of the dancing blade combo, regardless of timing. Try it.

Top Bottom