• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
@ Ashingda Ashingda I'm in the middle of attempting to alter the bone of the sword.

When I edited the translation values here the sword moved to the hip (I did 10,-20,0) but the sword strikes were messed.

Am I supposed to be editing the values here instead?

EDIT: Trying again, I was accidentally editing your version and not the darknut sword version. Ill update in a few minutes.

EDIT EDIT: Figured it out, its definitely this translation value I'm almost there!

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Figured it out! I moved it up so that it didn't drag on the ground and I think it looks cool :) Thanks for your help!

EDIT x4: Here is a link to Ganon with a Darknut sword! Enjoy!

Last edited:

CaterpillarCake

Smash Cadet
Just installed this mod and I love it! Its a lot of fun. Thought I'd come here to report a bug in sword mode. If you use Bdown in the air very close to the ground Ganon will freeze. This also applies to platforms where it will happen more commonly.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey @ Ashingda Ashingda any cool little details you can share with us for the next update to give us some hype :)

Also you never responded on what you thought of the Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf?

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
This is looking really amazing Ashingda. I've been following this mod for a while and it's probably one of my favorites (which is saying something because I'm always looking for mods of Ganon), especially now with the mixed one. It's got swordplay and similar hand-to-hand from TP, some magic and attacks from OoT, it's really astounding. A good playable Ganondorf with references to his games. I may have been one of the people ho bugged you wondering if you were gonna make a mixed psa, and I glad it actually happened! :chuckle:

Also, if you trying to think of a way to implement the Warlock Punch animation, have you considered his forward throw? I like the idea of it became a quick punch in the combo, but like what he like... kinda holds them in place with dark magic and the strikes them with a mini Warlock Punch? And really just spitballing here feel free to ignore it~

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_
The Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf is beastly looking forward to playing it. Someone mentioned wanting to play a PM mode with certain friends so using the taunt to switch will be back. Mixed will be the new taunt, but I want to experiment with a fun idea. Certain move will be a trigger to mode swap, some will be neutral and others will be influenced by the mode swap.

For example: F-Tilt is a (trigger) to swap into Sword Mode. If you U-Smash while having the sword in hand, you will perform the Sword:U-Smash because this smash is (influenced) by the different modes. If you don't have the sword in hand, you will perform the uppercut. Doing a Side-B will remain (neutral) if you have the sword in hand or not, it doesn't change.

I may need some help on deciding which moves to be triggers, neutrals or influenced. Also, I'm currently gaming a lot at the moment. Updates may be slower :D

@ yosharioIII yosharioIII
Also, if you trying to think of a way to implement the Warlock Punch animation, have you considered his forward throw? I like the idea of it became a quick punch in the combo, but like what he like... kinda holds them in place with dark magic and the strikes them with a mini Warlock Punch? And really just spitballing here feel free to ignore it~
That's cool I like it!

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_
The Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf is beastly looking forward to playing it. Someone mentioned wanting to play a PM mode with certain friends so using the taunt to switch will be back. Mixed will be the new taunt, but I want to experiment with a fun idea. Certain move will be a trigger to mode swap, some will be neutral and others will be influenced by the mode swap.

For example: F-Tilt is a (trigger) to swap into Sword Mode. If you U-Smash while having the sword in hand, you will perform the Sword:U-Smash because this smash is (influenced) by the different modes. If you don't have the sword in hand, you will perform the uppercut. Doing a Side-B will remain (neutral) if you have the sword in hand or not, it doesn't change.

I may need some help on deciding which moves to be triggers, neutrals or influenced. Also, I'm currently gaming a lot at the moment. Updates may be slower :D

@ yosharioIII yosharioIII

That's cool I like it!
Wow... Sounds like an amazing idea with those "triggers", I'll be happy to test which "triggers" fit where of course.

Also take your time with the updates, sometimes taking time away from your work (or hobby) just makes the end result better. And gaming a lot is good :)

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey @ Ashingda Ashingda ; I want to put your mixed moveset Up-smash uppercut on regular PM Ganon. I also want to use the Magic mode down B and replace warlock punch, and I want to use that increased grab range for PM Ganon. Is there a tutorial somewhere you can refer me to? or maybe explain it to me how to do it if possible? (I also want to use Warlock Punch animation and darkness effect for his f-smash but i think this would be harder to implement. i think?...)

I have project smash attacks and i fiddled around with it but I cant seem to have anything work :(
any advice/ideas you can give me?

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Hey @ Ashingda Ashingda ; I want to put your mixed moveset Up-smash uppercut on regular PM Ganon. I also want to use the Magic mode down B and replace warlock punch, and I want to use that increased grab range for PM Ganon. Is there a tutorial somewhere you can refer me to? or maybe explain it to me how to do it if possible? (I also want to use Warlock Punch animation and darkness effect for his f-smash but i think this would be harder to implement. i think?...)

I have project smash attacks and i fiddled around with it but I cant seem to have anything work :(
any advice/ideas you can give me?
This might do for PSA tutorial about Custom attacks and collisions.

For calling Ganondorf's effects (purple flame from his Warlock Punch for instance) is External Graphic Effect where Graphic ID is 00150001 <- this is on hex (which calls PtcGanonMajinken on EFLS in FitGanon.pac). I can learn you more if you need it.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
This might do for PSA tutorial about Custom attacks and collisions.

For calling Ganondorf's effects (purple flame from his Warlock Punch for instance) is External Graphic Effect where Graphic ID is 00150001 <- this is on hex (which calls PtcGanonMajinken on EFLS in FitGanon.pac). I can learn you more if you need it.
Alright thanks a lot!

I'm gonna really have to try and learn this video lol. It all seems so complicated... I'll definitely message you if I run into somthing I can't get passed :)

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Alright thanks a lot!

I'm gonna really have to try and learn this video lol. It all seems so complicated... I'll definitely message you if I run into somthing I can't get passed :)
Anytime you want.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, how's going for Triforce Ganondorf? Is there any help you guys want, let me know.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey guys, how's going for Triforce Ganondorf? Is there any help you guys want, let me know.
I'm still learning how to tinker with PSAs. I'll will ask you first question I got that I can't search online for... I hate to be a bother lol.

Anyway @ Ashingda Ashingda - I'm even more grateful for your Ganondorf mod(s) since I saw the leaked footage for Ganon in ssb4... And I think your mod is the only "true" Ganondorf we will be able to play on a smash game for a long time. Even if we only saw 5 moves from the leak it doesn't look promising for our Demon King :'(

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I'm still learning how to tinker with PSAs. I'll will ask you first question I got that I can't search online for... I hate to be a bother lol.

Anyway @ Ashingda Ashingda - I'm even more grateful for your Ganondorf mod(s) since I saw the leaked footage for Ganon in ssb4... And I think your mod is the only "true" Ganondorf we will be able to play on a smash game for a long time. Even if we only saw 5 moves from the leak it doesn't look promising for our Demon King :'(
You can also check the PSA (FitCharacter.pac) in Brawlbox 0.68b where you can see the subroutines. Brawlbox 0.68 are somewhat a friendly version of PSA, to see where things lies such as code related to it plus no in hex when checking in Modify Event, however it can corrupt the file when saving and can't be opened anymore on regular PSA.

if values looks different in BrawlBox 0.68b than in PSA, convert Brawlbox versions value into hex.

This may be old but you can check it out:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66856.0
and:
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Main_Page

also for universal gfx:
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Graphical_Effects
with a video that might help which effect to call (in aura case which says 30 as hex "48 as decimal")

for to call universal gfx (for aura case) it's only 00000030 where first 4-digit is for ef_character (0000 is "ef_common" which is universal, while 0015 is ef_ganon) and last 4-digit is the effect called from ef_something.
0000 0030 is the aura effect which i used for Ike Burning Sword Aura
0015 0001 is the effect from Warlock Punch (PtcGanonMajinken in FitGanon.pac on EFLS list)

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
You can also check the PSA (FitCharacter.pac) in Brawlbox 0.68b where you can see the subroutines. Brawlbox 0.68 are somewhat a friendly version of PSA, to see where things lies such as code related to it plus no in hex when checking in Modify Event, however it can corrupt the file when saving and can't be opened anymore on regular PSA.

if values looks different in BrawlBox 0.68b than in PSA, convert Brawlbox versions value into hex.

This may be old but you can check it out:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66856.0
and:
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Main_Page

also for universal gfx:
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Graphical_Effects
with a video that might help which effect to call (in aura case which says 30 as hex "48 as decimal")
Cool stuff man thanks. those effects are pretty nice :)

Nick_Rapitis

Smash Rookie
i cant get triforce ganon to work with any of the versions of PM i have, regular or modded...

how do I add the movesets to PM or a modded PM?

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
i cant get triforce ganon to work with any of the versions of PM i have, regular or modded...

how do I add the movesets to PM or a modded PM?
if you get both FitGanon.pac and FitGanonMotionEtc.pac, just go to the /fighter/ganon folder where you see the same files as these two. just replace them and you will get it eventually. Also which PM version do you have?

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I haven't update the front page for a while. Will do that. I got some time this weekend, will be working on it some more.

-edit-
I'm currently trying to put the sheath onto the model. I hope it will work haha.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Sorry I haven't update the front page for a while. Will do that. I got some time this weekend, will be working on it some more.

-edit-
I'm currently trying to put the sheath onto the model. I hope it will work haha.
Totally excited for the sheath! But didn't you say next update won't be Mixed move-set? Or are you adding a sheath to the regular Triforce moveset too?

Edit: never mind... I read you older post again. The taunt would activate mixed mode right? If so would the sword and sheath constantly be on the model? Even if regular/fist mode? That would be really cool!

Last edited:

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to add my two cents on mixed mode, it's very well executed and I remember stuff like upb feeling great but downtaunt to activate and sheath the sword was always the best imo. I don't even think the sheath is necessary, I like that he pulls it out of thin-air and I think adding the sheath would be a pain for different sword mods like the dark master sword, darknut sword, etc.

Also I think swordmode's upb teleport fit the best thus far. The launching/falling one was good for magicmode but if I had to chose, I'd take teleport. I would even prefer a focus on pure swordmode since using the other taunts to activate the other mode broke the ability to downtaunt again for sheathing the sword which worked so, so good aesthetically imo.

Last edited:

McMarth

Smash Cadet
I imagine the camp's gonna be split from this point on. Some will want the taunt-activated Ganonsword, while others prefer mixed set with sheath. And it's difficult because @ Ashingda Ashingda has made so many fantastic additions in each update. It really is difficult to choose.

I was completely for the Sword mode, and then the triforce mode. But when mixed mode was introduced, I was blown away. More than any other incarnation of Ganon, to me this felt the most like how Ganon should feel. Of course, this is just my opinion, and while some will agree, others may not. But every update has impressed me, and this newest upcoming one sounds amazing. I look forward to seeing how the sheath looks (though I can see how it'll probably cause problems for those who use meleesword/darknut/etc). And the functionality of trigger moves is original and unique. I am sure I'll love it.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
For the next update; since Mixed moveset Ganon doesn't use go sword in the aerials I suggest bringing back the sword Upsmash (that animation is beautiful too) from Triforce v0.5. That way all his smashs + his Neutral B + f tilt would all be sword based. And it keeps the "theme" that sword attacks are only on the ground thing. Than the rest would all be magic or fist attacks.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
For the next update; since Mixed moveset Ganon doesn't use go sword in the aerials I suggest bringing back the sword Upsmash (that animation is beautiful too) from Triforce v0.5. That way all his smashs + his Neutral B + f tilt would all be sword based. And it keeps the "theme" that sword attacks are only on the ground thing. Than the rest would all be magic or fist attacks.
Actually... Also bring back the fsmash that captures with the elbow. Or atleast how far the attack with the elbow went. It was a lot more useful that way it think.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I'm having some trouble here. I managed to import the sheath model and it has the correct UV in brawlbox but is wrong while in the game. Model was made in blender --> exported to .obj --> imported into 3ds max2009 --> exported to .dae --> import into brawlbox.

I know there is an extra step in this process, that's because I already made the model in blender just to learn the .dae export only worked in 3ds max and also I didn't feel like learning it... If anyone can help me with this issue I'd really appreciate it.

-Edit-
Nevermind it is solved. It was a shader issue, simply using an existing one and it worked.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
The Execution sheath is now working. The first sheath was too skinny I remodeled a thicker one and it looks much better. With this stuff learned, making different sheaths for the different sword model isn't a problem.

Spent way too much time on just this tiny bit... Break time.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Nice job Ashingda. That sheath model looks great! Can't wait till the next update.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
The Execution sheath is now working. The first sheath was too skinny I remodeled a thicker one and it looks much better. With this stuff learned, making different sheaths for the different sword model isn't a problem.

I'm hyping soooooooooooo much right now!!! Looks amazing great work man!

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman

Hype. That is all.

theTRUEchamp

Smash Apprentice
A few questions:

1. Is this mod compatible with P:M?

2. Is it possible to give different skins different swords (Melee, Demise, etc.)?

Thanks in advance!

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Hype. That is all.
Haha thanks guys. I'm currently reworking all the animations to be able to apply the sword to the hand or not and it would still looks fluid. I had separate animations for standing and running for different modes, hoping to reduce the excess to add more actual moves. Trying to make the sword hand to not look so weird when not holding the sword.

@ theTRUEchamp theTRUEchamp
1. Yes is compatible with PM.
2. You can give different skins. I will be collecting different skins soon and also making different sheaths to match the different swords. If you would like to apply the sheaths to your own skins I plan to also have it separate ready for import with instructions.

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
Haha thanks guys. I'm currently reworking all the animations to be able to apply the sword to the hand or not and it would still looks fluid. I had separate animations for standing and running for different modes, hoping to reduce the excess to add more actual moves. Trying to make the sword hand to not look so weird when not holding the sword.

@ theTRUEchamp theTRUEchamp
1. Yes is compatible with PM.
2. You can give different skins. I will be collecting different skins soon and also making different sheaths to match the different swords. If you would like to apply the sheaths to your own skins I plan to also have it separate ready for import with instructions.
wait, if you can re-skin the sword and change it's position...
would you be able to give him a trident!?!?!?!?!????

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ asia_catdog_blue asia_catdog_blue
Yes, I welcome all suggestions. This project got this far because of everyone's contributions.

I made changes to the "Wait" animation, so what does that mean? Nearly every other animation will have to be modiffied...

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
@ Ashingda Ashingda I'm in the middle of attempting to alter the bone of the sword.

When I edited the translation values here the sword moved to the hip (I did 10,-20,0) but the sword strikes were messed.

Am I supposed to be editing the values here instead?

EDIT: Trying again, I was accidentally editing your version and not the darknut sword version. Ill update in a few minutes.

EDIT EDIT: Figured it out, its definitely this translation value I'm almost there!

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Figured it out! I moved it up so that it didn't drag on the ground and I think it looks cool :) Thanks for your help!

EDIT x4: Here is a link to Ganon with a Darknut sword! Enjoy!

hey Patt do you think you could do the same thing with the demise dark sword or the nightmare soul edge sword? please

Top Bottom