• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

TheLazy

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the Special-U definitely seems to have problems sweet spotting the ledge.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
That is awesome news, looking forward to HW skins.

Progress: I've successfully included the sword into the game without the use of Articles. Using the code for "Model Changer 2" it creates the same effects as the Article sword and it's now customizable with different skins. I still have to add in the 2nd sword for the one attached to the sheath.
If anyone know of other good sword/sheath model we can add please provide a link or such, otherwise I'll just grab what I can find.
I know that some sword looks to big to put on Ganondorf when sheated but...
I wonder if it's possible to summon sword on his hand during his sword attacks? (while creating purple effects which poofs the sword on/off.) Just a thought.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
If the swords are too big, we can resize it or just make really large sheaths.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Although I enjoyed using power only Ganon for a while the ledge detection and the up-smash hitbox not working annoyed me, So I went back to Mixed version for now... BUT I added the sheath file to the Mixed version and it works/looks real nice :)
(@ Ashingda Ashingda - I do see now what you meant about Mixed mode up smash animation with the sheath/sword going into his leg)

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I do see now what you meant about Mixed mode up smash animation with the sheath/sword going into his leg
Yeah It's adjusted now, but will still try to tweek it.

Just realized that some skins don't have sheaths. Demise and MeleeDorf will just be without. Unless somebody have a good idea for one. Currently getting the different skins and weapons setup.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
man, this has progressed a lot.

I might've missed it when I was reading through, but is the final goal to once again allow people to use captain falcondorf OR the actual representaion of the character? because only the captain is legal. not that I care, but we have someone trying to learn falcondorf for possible tournament use lol.

the next update is looking freaking sweet

Jevedor

Smash Cadet
Hey thus looks really interesting. However, I can't seem to find an explanation of how to install. Do I just download the TriforceGanondorf+v1.0b+Mixed.zip on the first post and then take the files in it and replace the same files in my PM copy? Is it that simple?

Also can someone explain to me what the referred to "magic-mode", "power-mode", "sword-mode" are? I get that this changes the moveset to use a sword from the video in the first post. Is this like samus ice-beam switch? Can you switch between 3 different ganon movesets with this mod?

thanks to whoever explains this to me.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey thus looks really interesting. However, I can't seem to find an explanation of how to install. Do I just download the TriforceGanondorf+v1.0b+Mixed.zip on the first post and then take the files in it and replace the same files in my PM copy? Is it that simple?

Also can someone explain to me what the referred to "magic-mode", "power-mode", "sword-mode" are? I get that this changes the moveset to use a sword from the video in the first post. Is this like samus ice-beam switch? Can you switch between 3 different ganon movesets with this mod?

thanks to whoever explains this to me.
You have to go to your SD card > Project M > pf > fighters > ganon and than replace the files there with the mod. The mod version you listed is the "mixed" version that combines the 3 different move-sets together (Power = Fist, Courage = Sword, Wisdom = Magic) the version before the Mixed one (v0.5) was a few pages back is the one where his Up taunt switches to Magic, side taunt to Fist and down taunt to sword. It works very much like Samus' ice-beam switch and allows you to change between each 3 move sets during the match. The next version being worked on now will also be 3 move-sets activated by the taunts.

Last edited:

Jevedor

Smash Cadet
Thank you very much, for the explanation. I will have to try it out when I am home. Is there any possibility that this will be eventually put into core PM, or is it expected that this will always be a standalone mod?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Thank you very much, for the explanation. I will have to try it out when I am home. Is there any possibility that this will be eventually put into core PM, or is it expected that this will always be a standalone mod?
No clue honestly... I doubt it. It's a lot of balancing to do plus there are people already used and comfortable with PM Ganon as he is now he does need a new neutral B and a crap ton of buffs but still.

I think some things from this mod can totally fit PM Ganon and enhance his playstyle without changing it too drastically.

For example;
Making his Neutral B the OoT ground punch down special from wizard mode could fit very well. (Or maybe even the down B Sword rush from TP if they want to give him a move with a weapon).

The up smash from wizard mode/mixed ver works much better (and looks better fitting for Ganon) than the PM up smash.

The new Nair in the new power only version is great and fits Ganon better than his current one.

The down B animation from power only mode is really cool and unique.

Maybe his Fsmash from sword mode could be added an elbow to sword attack would only enhance his current side smash and would allow more mix ups with the addition of giving him his weapon for 1 (or 2) moves.

I think the PMDT can take a lot of good stuff from this mod. But I truly (unfortunately) doubt any of this will be put in PM sadly :(

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I there's one thing I have against this mod, it's that it's not compatible with the smash 3 mod. Just imagine triforce ganon kicking ass in a brand new style... *sigh* I guess I'll have to wait till the mod creator reads this....

Last edited:

TheLazy

Smash Cadet
How does one properly quote with the "User said:"?

^Cahalan, I was able to get the Smash 3 graphics to work with the mod. Let me double check to see how I did it.

TheLazy

Smash Cadet
Using the latest update as the example, just do not include the FitGanon00.pcs, but do include everything else. It appears, and I think it was mentioned within the last two pages or so that the FitGanon00.pcs has to do with the sheath. If you do not include it, the sword will appear at the side of Ganondorf and you will have access to all of the moves.

So without that file included, I have Smash 3 graphics + the latest mod with the correct moves + no sheath.

Also, again, how do you properly quote someone?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Using the latest update as the example, just do not include the FitGanon00.pcs, but do include everything else. It appears, and I think it was mentioned within the last two pages or so that the FitGanon00.pcs has to do with the sheath. If you do not include it, the sword will appear at the side of Ganondorf and you will have access to all of the moves.

So without that file included, I have Smash 3 graphics + the latest mod with the correct moves + no sheath.

Also, again, how do you properly quote someone?
Hit reply button at the bottom right of their post >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>V

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Now to wait for the mod author to post our little conversation on the first post so that everyone can use triforce ganon with smash 3 graphics. P.S Thank you so very much for helping me, I have a friend at school that has an interest in Project m and the triforce ganon mod, so to the both of us you helped solve a major problem. :)

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Now to wait for the mod author to post our little conversation on the first post so that everyone can use triforce ganon with smash 3 graphics. P.S Thank you so very much for helping me, I have a friend at school that has an interest in Project m and the triforce ganon mod, so to the both of us you helped solve a major problem. :)
This mod will not be fully compatible with other mods in the future. It will require some modifications to get it to work later because the sword model WILL be part of the skin and not an Article, thus enabling us to have different swords with different skins.

I wonder now, if the article isn't being used for sword then maybe it can be used for a real projectile.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
This mod will not be fully compatible with other mods in the future. It will require some modifications to get it to work later because the sword model WILL be part of the skin and not an Article, thus enabling us to have different swords with different skins.

I wonder now, if the article isn't being used for sword then maybe it can be used for a real projectile.
So does that mean if I want to use a fully updated triforce ganondorf with the 3 three modes with smash 3 look, I'd have to do more than just delete the respective costumes .pcs file?

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
So does that mean if I want to use a fully updated triforce ganondorf with the 3 three modes with smash 3 look, I'd have to do more than just delete the respective costumes .pcs file?
Yes because this project is no longer just PSA modding, it's moving into Skins also. Imagine trying to get a different head or body part onto the smash 3 mod, you'll also have to do more than just replacing files. However I believe that the smash 3 mod is mostly texture changes/updates and if so, it should be easier to transfer onto other mods than to import/export other mods into it.

Last edited:

Sillron

Smash Rookie
I seem to have an issue with changing modes. It seems to start in sword mode, and I can't change between them. Any clue what the issue is?

TheLazy

Smash Cadet
I seem to have an issue with changing modes. It seems to start in sword mode, and I can't change between them. Any clue what the issue is?
Which version are you using? The current one is only power mode. The one before that was a mixture of all three.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Yes because this project is no longer just PSA modding, it's moving into Skins also. Imagine trying to get a different head or body part onto the smash 3 mod, you'll also have to do more than just replacing files. However I believe that the smash 3 mod is mostly texture changes/updates and if so, it should be easier to transfer onto other mods than to import/export other mods into it.
In a nutshell, yes they are updating the textures to look more akin to the new smash bros game by editing the texture maps a bit and adding the rim lighting effect (changing the shading of textures). It'll be a miracle if the release of this mod when it has the three modes will be compatible. (I'm talking about the standard brawl ganondorf model here, obviously any other character models, like demise, the mod here may implement/change will obviously not completely work. As for the sword models, theoretically they'll be unaffected by smash 3...)

To get around this you could release two versions of the mod: a smash 3 friendly version that has not additional character models (no demise), and another version that has all the new character models (demise as an alt along with other suitable characters). For a smash 3 friendly version to happen no changes to the base ganondorf model can be made in this version, however in a non smash 3 friendly version, you could make all the changes you want. (When I mean base model changes, I mean changing the original model from brawl, adding the sword doesn't count as it's adding on to the og model and not changing it drastically.)

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ Cahalan Cahalan
I see what you mean, a mod friendly version is a simple fix. I'll have to prepare that in the code for an easy switch for later.

@ S Sillron
There has been a lot of minor uploads that doesn't have the modes, reason is because of experiments.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
@ Cahalan Cahalan
I see what you mean, a mod friendly version is a simple fix. I'll have to prepare that in the code for an easy switch for later.

@ S Sillron
There has been a lot of minor uploads that doesn't have the modes, reason is because of experiments.
I sense that I may run into issues with this but it's your project in the end :) have fun with it. I have so many different skins in my pack that unless the sword addition process is streamlined I may have to remove this mod as an option from my build (which would break my heart) haha.

Thanks for the work!

Jevedor

Smash Cadet
I went back and was playing v0.5 because I wanted to try it with the different modes. I noticed a glitch when playing two player. Seems that it freezes with an awful beep, if two ganondorfs have their sword out at the same time. This might not be an issue in the newer version, but I wanted to mention it, so (if its not resolved) it doesnt end up in a future revision.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ Jevedor Jevedor
Thanks for letting me know. A freeze with a loud beep means a character has exceeded the 5mb of memory usage or the files are corrupted by other means. Did you have different skins mods? What game mode was it in? Were there items involved?

TrapGoku

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I'm new to this so sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm using the v0.5 Ganondorf. But how do I get Caporai's Demise Sword with it? I replaced the Fit...pac but got a floating sword. P.S. I think I posted in wrong thread on your other thread sorry. So ignore that other post.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I'm new to this so sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm using the v0.5 Ganondorf. But how do I get Caporai's Demise Sword with it? I replaced the Fit...pac but got a floating sword. P.S. I think I posted in wrong thread on your other thread sorry. So ignore that other post.
It's a bit complicated. If the sword isn't positioned correctly on the character then that means you'll have to manually modify the sword mode.

1. Export the sword model ***.obj
2. Import it into 3ds Max.
3. Re-Position the sword.
4. Export from 3ds Max into ***.dae
5. Import into Brawlbox

This is the basics of it. There is a lot more to it to get it to work properly, takes a good amount of patience.

Last edited:

TrapGoku

Smash Rookie
It's a bit complicated. If the sword isn't positioned correctly on the character then that means you'll have to manually modify the sword mode.

1. Export the sword model ***.obj
2. Import it into 3ds Max.
3. Re-Position the sword.
4. Export from 3ds Max into ***.dae
5. Import into Brawlbox

This is the basics of it. There is a lot more to it to get it to work properly, takes a good amount of patience.
I actually think I was using the wrong file now. I was using Caporai's v0.2 Swords. Is there a v0.5 Swords?

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I actually think I was using the wrong file now. I was using Caporai's v0.2 Swords. Is there a v0.5 Swords?
You can export the weapon from FitGanonMotionEtc.pac on brawlbox. There lies the sword model.
From there check:
FitGanonMotionEtc/FitGanonEtc/TextureData[0]
FitGanonMotionEtc/FitGanonEtc/ModelData[0]

ModelData contains the model of the sword
TextureData contains the texture for the model of the sword

Just Right-Click->Export both TextureData[0] and ModelData[0]
(Not the parts of it to export, just right-click the red icon which holds the content of it) and open the suggested FitGanonMotionEtc.pac to replace the corresponding texture and model of the sword.

For replacing, just Right-Click->Replace on TextureData[0], and search the file of the exported TextureData[0], and done. Same goes to ModelData as well.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Hey @ Ashingda Ashingda

I was wondering about the article now that both his sword and sheath aren't articles anymore.

If creating projectile from ef_ganon doesn't work, would you try to do in ef_lucario instead? (thus making another lucario slot which would replace ganon slot)

I don't know how to replace the slot yet, so it would make ganondorf a custom character. I just renamed FitGanonMotionEtc into FitLucarioMotionEtc while renamed his skin into lucarios, and did put Both his animation and skin in lucarios folder

In game it went like this:

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ Caporai Caporai
That might really work now! It has been suggested many times but like you mentioned the sword was the article and it was a problem.

It's not going to be an easy task however, but having a real projectile may be worth it.

UPDATE: Triforce Ganondorf v2.0

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/js3v322576bav5a/TriforceGanondorf+v2.0b.zip

I am working on adding different weapons for each color, then will be adding different skins for each weapon. I currently have a few skins but it takes a bit of work to export/import the correct weapons onto the skin. The current mod uses two swords and one sheath, and using the "Model Changer 2" to use the sword.

Moves Trigger Fixed Influenced
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jab >> >> Hit-Combo/Sword-Combo
F-Tilt >> >> Kick/ Sword-Thrust
D-Tilt -- -Fixed-
U-Tilt >> >> LeftUpper/Twin-Magic

Dash-A >> -Fixed-

N-Air >> >> Double-Fist/ Air-Slash/ Tri-Magic
F-Air -Power-
B-Air >> >>
D-Air >> >> Back-Fist/Air-Twin-Magic
U-Air -Wisdom-

F-Smash >> >> Elbow/Elbow+Sword
D-Smash >> >> Thunder-Stomp/ Spin-Slash
U-Smash >> >> Right-Upper/ Rising-Slash

B -Courage-
B-Side -- -Fixed-
B-Down -- -Fixed-
B-Up -- -Fixed-; (Cancel-Sword); Grounded(Teleport) -Wisdom-

Items (Reverts to Power)

Taunt-U -Wisdom- Activate Triforce Mode
Taunt-S -Power- Deactivate Triforce Mode
Taunt-D -Courage- Activate Triforce Mode

Edit: For some reason my spacing here is all jacked up...

Other Changes/Misc:
- Grab animation is using the left hand now. It is not 100% done.
- Sword was having some issue with overlay coloring effects so I modified the shader and now it no longer have that issue. It's also a bit brighter now!
- Various animations are adjusted, you'll notice a big difference on the Sword jab combo.
- Various hitboxs are adjusted, the Power D-Smash has been modified a lot. Need testing.
- Triggers for switching modes is still an experiment.
- Teleport: I fixed the issue it has with turbo mode.

Last edited:

TheLazy

Smash Cadet
Much better ledge detection with Up-B now.

So for the triggering, correct me if I am wrong, but here is what I have noticed:

Once Triforce mode is activated through either up or down taunt, switching between movesets can happen based on a single move:

If -Wisdom- is activated:

B (ground or air) changes to -Courage-
F-air changes to -Power-

If -Courage- is activated:

U-air changes to -Wisdom-
F-air changes to -Power-
Up-B changes to -Power- moveset (sword put away) aside from B will now bring -Courage- moveset back out instead of doing the punch. Does not deactivate Triforce mode.

If in -Power- mode with Triforce mode activated:

B (ground or air) changes to -Courage-
U-air changes to -Wisdom-

Are those all of the triggers?

For -Power- and -Wisdom- D-Smash, I've noticed that if the move connects while the opponent is in the air, the amount of damage they took was 1% with very little knockback. Will test this more.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Are those all of the triggers?
Yeah, I had originally planned to have 2~3 triggers each but that got way too messy move-set wise. If you feel a different move is a better trigger let me know. Also, Up-B isn't a full trigger, only if you have the sword it will put you into power.

For -Power- and -Wisdom- D-Smash, I've noticed that if the move connects while the opponent is in the air, the amount of damage they took was 1% with very little knockback. Will test this more.
I did some work on this D-Smash, but hasn't covered the hitting aerial targets. It's going to get a bit tricky with the bits flags.

TheLazy

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I had originally planned to have 2~3 triggers each but that got way too messy move-set wise. If you feel a different move is a better trigger let me know. Also, Up-B isn't a full trigger, only if you have the sword it will put you into power.
Right, but what I meant was that while in courage, doing Up-B brings you to the entire power moveset except for the neutral B attack. At this point, the neutral B, instead of doing the punch from the power moveset, will bring you back to courage by pulling out the sword for the charging attack.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Right, but what I meant was that while in courage, doing Up-B brings you to the entire power moveset except for the neutral B attack. At this point, the neutral B, instead of doing the punch from the power moveset, will bring you back to courage by pulling out the sword for the charging attack.
That is because Neutral-B is the trigger for Courage. It may change later so that Neutral-B is an Influenced move if we get lucario's article working, it will do projectile in Wisdom mode.

Minor Fix:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/js3v322576bav5a/TriforceGanondorf+v2.0b.zip

-Mode doesn't reset in Vs.
-Animation/Move change for Sword jab

Last edited:
Top Bottom