• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I don't get why the Cape now replaces two good attack moves. Couldn't the cape just continue to be used as an aerial ability that you can use while floating?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I don't get why the Cape now replaces two good attack moves. Couldn't the cape just continue to be used as an aerial ability that you can use while floating?
I agree, because I really liked the Thunder Punch. Could it (Cape or Punch) be a forward tilt when on the ground?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I agree, because I really liked the Thunder Punch. Could it (Cape or Punch) be a forward tilt when on the ground?
I actually really like cape for both Nair and for Jab. I would just had more hit stun to the moves as foes tend to recover from getting hit by them a tiny bit too quickly. Also maybe even more active reflect frames just because :)

Also objectively they can be better moves than the prior Jab and Nair for a few reasons;
  • They both can reflect
  • Jab Cape hits short/crouching opponents, while PM one doesn't.
  • Nair active hitbox comes out very quickly and has a nice range. If spaced well, it can notify a Marth approaching with his Nair. Something the PM Nair or the older Nair for v4.0 or prior couldn't do.
  • Due to being weaker and have low knock back it helps to gimp off stage, and while on stage it helps keep distance/close the distance after a successful hit to continue a "combo". Which is great imho.
Cons;
  • They are both weaker than older version, which can be a detriment for trying to KO with them (But they weren't good KO moves to begin with so...)
  • Old Nair had 2 hits, new one is a single hit
  • v4.0 Jab hat a 2nd hit, new one doesn't
There could potentially be more pros/cons, but I think the moves are great right now I'm very much enjoying the new options they provide for various match ups.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Another thought/suggestion I have is regarding the end-lag/ending animations after a successful Up B grab.

While I think the addition (or the return) of the grab with Up B to be a great thing but there are still a few key points that I don't like about it;
  • The animation is still a copy from Falcon, a new more Ganon like animation is very much needed. Especially now with how so few animations look almost the same/or are shared with Falcon in v4.1. It will be much more cohesive as a whole product to eliminate any shared animations in future versions (*where possible).
  • Way to much lag after the Up B grab... This is an old issue with Ganon's Up B in general which is also here unfortunately. I would make the lag very short or better yet; have Ganon go to his descending/falling animation right away after the grab so it's up to the player when they want to react and not to wait till the lag ends. I would also have it that after a successful Up B grab Ganon replenishes a jump. So right after the grab ends he would go to falling animation and be able to jump, attack, air dodge etc. Ad of now; fast foes can easily get right back to try and edge guard Ganon again even if they got grabbed and knocked back, which seems counter intuitive since they should be the ones punished/put in a bad spot for letting them selves get grabbed not the recovering Ganondorf player.
Just my 2 cents :)

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I could come up with something for a new animation for the Up B ending...

PD | Lewd

Smash Apprentice
My god.... I just saw this today and I need to get dolphin and download this right freak in now. Keep up the great work, seriously is is absolutely astonishing.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I know that I just heard so many people saying they needed to use dolphin I assumed it couldn't be done on wii pm. Yeah I've got pm on the wii, how would I get the mod on here?
Here you go!
Go to wherever you keep your Project M data (most likely SD card) -> projectm -> pf -> fighter -> ganon

Remove (Delete or move elsewhere, just in case) the files named FitGanon and FitGanonMotionEtc with the two you've downloaded.

Simple as that.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Question though. Will Ganondorf retain back the Triforce Mode (3-stances) or just rely now on a single stance?

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Question though. Will Ganondorf retain back the Triforce Mode (3-stances) or just rely now on a single stance?
I remember Ashingda saying he is working on incorporating sword stance back in, but I think it will only be 2 modes now since Fist & Magic mode are kind of combined into the current moveset. Which I really do enjoy I think it fits perfectly.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Very well.

Btw I saw this Phantom Ganon skin from Brawl Vault and it looks amazing.

Better check if the mask is seperable from the model, so it can be used as an avatar for his F-Smash like C.Falcon uses the bird on his Falcon Punch.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Better check if the mask is seperable from the model, so it can be used as an avatar for his F-Smash like C.Falcon uses the bird on his Falcon Punch.
That's brilliant. The move would look so much scarier if the F-Smash's effect was as huge as the original Warlock Punch.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Very well.

Btw I saw this Phantom Ganon skin from Brawl Vault and it looks amazing.

Can you link the download? And how to install? It looks really amazing!

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Thank you!

Is it compatible with Ashingda's mod? If not that's too bad :( unless it can be added to it somehow?
it's just a model file, so Phantom Ganon will use TP sword like the others on this 4.1 patch.

FitGanonPM (the one with the tattered cape which is on "PM cape" folder that you downloaded), copy/paste it to SDCard/projectm/pf/fighter/ganon folder and rename it to FitGanon0X where X is a number for the costume slot in the game (00 is default, 01 is red, 02 is green, 03 is blue while 05-09 is PM melee Ganondorfs)

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
it's just a model file, so Phantom Ganon will use TP sword like the others on this 4.1 patch.

FitGanonPM (the one with the tattered cape which is on "PM cape" folder that you downloaded), copy/paste it to SDCard/projectm/pf/fighter/ganon folder and rename it to FitGanon0X where X is a number for the costume slot in the game (00 is default, 01 is red, 02 is green, 03 is blue while 05-09 is PM melee Ganondorfs)
Thank you Caporai! Not only for the help but also for teaching me something new!

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I always thought that Ganondorf's jab should be the reflector. Idk why PMBT made it neutral B in 3.5. Though I also never thought that he used his cape to reflect (even though he clearly does).

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I always thought that Ganondorf's jab should be the reflector. Idk why PMBT made it neutral B in 3.5. Though I also never thought that he used his cape to reflect (even though he clearly does).
Yeah I agree.

I really love the new Jab and Nair. I get so many mixups and gimps its awesome! Not to mention it can (with good timing) stop a Marth or Roy player trying to do an aerial approach at me with their Nair (which are very good) by jumping and Nair(ing) them right back in the face! Man the salt I got from the Marth player I play against was too good, he never had some one out range/time him so much with him approaching with his Nair, It's really that good I love it! Like I said in my earlier post, all it needs is a bit more hit stun and those 2 will be-"neverchangetheseoriwouldcry" moves ;)

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Hey guys... got some new animations for ya. Got done with the SpecialHiThrow... Now it looks more like the Smash 4 version... a lot less like C. Falcons in Brawl. Also made a new and better Lose animation... Hopefully you all like these. I also hope Ashingda approves. *crosses fingers*

I'll post them in an edit once the animations are done encoding.

Edit: Here they are. Enjoy.

SpecialHiCatch:

SpecialHiThrow:

Lose:

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey guys... got some new animations for ya. Got done with the SpecialHiThrow... Now it looks more like the Smash 4 version... a lot less like C. Falcons in Brawl. Also made a new and better Lose animation... Hopefully you all like these. I also hope Ashingda approves. *crosses fingers*

I'll post them in an edit once the animations are done encoding.

Edit: Here they are. Enjoy.

SpecialHiCatch:

SpecialHiThrow:

Lose:

Wow! Man those are all great! I think they would make a great addition to the mod.
I personally prefer the older losing animation you made (the one facing away with the cape going "swoosh" lol) as its abit more menacing than the new one, but if either one gets used it would be wonderful as they are both top notch!

The special hi catch/throw are great! One of the few things I liked about Smash4 Ganon (literally like 2-3 things...) is his new special hi catch&throw animation. I need to see it in game, but your throw animation looks even more badass in comparison.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I've detached the skull from Phantom Ganon and it can be used as an avatar. Question is though shall the texture of it become as a skull or shall i do it transparent? (gonna try making it purple colored.)

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Wow! Man those are all great! I think they would make a great addition to the mod.
I personally prefer the older losing animation you made (the one facing away with the cape going "swoosh" lol) as its abit more menacing than the new one, but if either one gets used it would be wonderful as they are both top notch!
I'm sure I could just turn him around and animate the cape to lightly blow in the wind... so to speak. It won't be as much as the old one... cause that was over done a bit too much. But I'll see if I can get it done.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
oh.. forgot how to decrease the filesize of his skull. Now how am I suppose to do that?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I'm sure I could just turn him around and animate the cape to lightly blow in the wind... so to speak. It won't be as much as the old one... cause that was over done a bit too much. But I'll see if I can get it done.
Oh man you're awesome!

I just really have the need to say this:
You, Ashingda, Caporai etc. all of you guys work so hard to make these things a reality just out of sheer love for it... It really is amazing to me. I tired to dabble in modding but was unsuccessful so far, when work/wife/life allows me I want to try and learn again so I can contribute in more than just providing ideas/suggestions.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman

here's the skull, but the filesize of it is too big since I took it from Phantom Ganon ModelData (which is over 1MB) Somehow I really want skull size to become less than 100kb. Left one is Lloyd's Beast from Tales of Symphonia.

Old picture taken from TV: Spawn using green Beast:

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Alright. Revamp of the Lose animation here for ya. Hope this is better.

This is the view you'd see it from in-game.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Alright. Revamp of the Lose animation here for ya. Hope this is better.

This is the view you'd see it from in-game.
Ummm...
That's just like the best thing I ever seen! Between this, the new win animation, the new hi special grab/throw, the new air dodge, the darkness effect on the air dodge (which makes wavedashes look awesome btw) it will add so much unique flavor to Ganondorf and will further separate him as his own being.

I'm really looking forward to/hoping having this part of the mod. I know these are small things that most people wouldn't batt an eye over but I think this types of things add a lot and are quite important for a character to be wholly and utterly unique from a design standpoint.

Hey @ Ashingda Ashingda will you be able to use all these animations Heavy made?

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Oh yeah... by the way. I tested the animations in game and they work perfectly fine. So no worries there. All you'd need to do is import them into the FitGanonMotion and your set. @ Ashingda Ashingda , as always, if you want any of my animations, just feel free to ask and you shall receive. I'd be more than happy to add to all your awesome and hard work in any way.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Uh... thanks for the kind words. But I'm just here to help Ashingda. We're not even an official team or anything. Just thought I could do some good and help out a fellow modder. I'm not as experienced in making PSA's or anything. I've only done one officially.

Top Bottom