• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

jemuelv906

Smash Rookie
I love this mod, and have been following it for a while, I tried doing some modifications of my own to the PM3.5 Ganon (i.e. making his reflect cape behave more like marios cape/ reverses the enemy) while mixing it with some of the earlier iterations of the triforce ganon. Though two main problems i came across and would really like to fix:

1) I tired importing the Darknut Sword to the motionetc.pac file, but every time ganon does his sword taunt to do his sword slam, the sword animation comes out wrong, I tried re rigging to the sword model the bones but that really didn't do much.

2) Once i figured out how to make his cape behave like marios, the reflective properties arent catching/ working correctly. I'd reflect some projectiles while testing it, but for the most part i would still be hit by most others (bombs, lucarios aura sphere, snakes projectiles, etc.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here's a zip of the PSA: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2VraGvgrJTkYnh2Vm5BVjNvNjA/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
You're not the only one
But pressing B again has you do the sword swing. If anything I would have it as B+A at the same time (and I'll give it super armor) actually I would just use the PM 3.5 taunt sword attack instead as its much better and is more cannon (and cooler) than Warlock Punch imo.

But PSA space is limited... I prefer keeping more room for the future sword stance than have more moves that won't get used much (like warlock punch) clog up space that can be used for it. Just my 2 cents

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I was talking about pressing B while hovering (aerial neutralB)
That would be awkward though... Warlock Punch in the air is also just as useless as it's grounded version.

If the Warlock Punch had super armor through out the whole move (god knows it needs it...) and the float remained active with it (which I mean you would still be floating while executing the WP and and can sort of guide your self toward an opponent) than it might see some use. But like I said I prefer saving animation room where possible WP won't see much use, but new moves in the future Sword stance would. Just prioritizing that's all, if PSA room was unlimited I would be all for it (unless a better move can be in that slot instead of course)

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
There's like 1 animation that I want to make minor changes to. It's bothering me ever so slightly.

But the quality is much better than 90% of mods lol

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That would be awkward though... Warlock Punch in the air is also just as useless as it's grounded version.
Bizzaro Flame disagrees :troll:

But seriously, how about the Wizard's Kick then? I really liked its spike and the third jump restore can alwas be useful.

Besides, if Ashingda managed to cram 3 movesets in one in previous version, he could be able to add one more move.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Bizzaro Flame disagrees :troll:

But seriously, how about the Wizard's Kick then? I really liked its spike and the third jump restore can alwas be useful.

Besides, if Ashingda managed to cram 3 movesets in one in previous version, he could be able to add one more move.
Well having jump restore on new down B (ground punch) already does that, so there is no need for another move that does that. I would ask for an original move to be added if something does go in that spot.

But I personally just don't feel Warlock Punch or Wizard kick add anything special to Ganon's move set. What I really enjoy about this mod is the fact that it's constantly removing it self further and further away from Falcondorf. Be it by new animations, moves, effects etc. So going by a design logic I don't think those moves "fit" the current move set's feel or style at all... Just my opinion and I'll say again it doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things it's just a more personal nit-pick of mine.
I also not-pick about animations that look like Falcon's like his air dodge (which Heavy made a new one+made the darkness effect for it which is great!) his Up B grab and throw (also Heavy "fixed"), his losing animation (Heavy fixed), Bair in PM 3.0 (or Brawl) which PM 3.5 fixed. Etc. etc....

I like things to be cohesive and uniform I'm somewhat OCD in that sense :\

So there are other moves/animations I don't want to see added or them to be changed I'm not baised to WP exclusively. But the decision is not mine to make, whatever Ashingda believes is right for the mod he should do. He hasn't failed us yet!

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
There's like 1 animation that I want to make minor changes to. It's bothering me ever so slightly.

But the quality is much better than 90% of mods lol
I'd like to know as well. I might be able to fix it. Who knows?

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I feel like Ganon's Sword Charge could just be a new Grounded Side-B. And the Flame Choke could be made into a special ability you can do when you hold down the B button, and if you just tap b when you Side-B in mid-air, you perform the Gerudo Dragon from Melee. I know some people are gonna hate the idea of bringing back a "Falcondorf" move, but it would have its uses in the form of NOT killing yourself off-stage. Or mixing up your combos with an opponent to keep them guessing.

Also, would it be possible to make Ganondorf's Hover act like Peach's hover, so it wouldn't take up a Special slot?

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Ganon's Sword Charge could just be a new Grounded Side-B. And the Flame Choke could be made into a special ability you can do when you hold down the B button, and if you just tap b when you Side-B in mid-air, you perform the Gerudo Dragon from Melee. I know some people are gonna hate the idea of bringing back a "Falcondorf" move, but it would have its uses in the form of NOT killing yourself off-stage. Or mixing up your combos with an opponent to keep them guessing.

Also, would it be possible to make Ganondorf's Hover act like Peach's hover, so it wouldn't take up a Special slot?
Making his Dark Descent (the float) as a secondary jump in hold is a nice addition to have, since he lost his Wizard Foot along with the WF jump.

SpecialHiThrow:
Curious though if we could make Ganondorf able to cancel his Ganoncide (grabbing moment) by pressing A or B, he will do SpecialHiThrow (the one Naoto-san did).

As for Gerudo Dragon mid-air, it can work since he got options to make before he grabs his opponent. Question though, how shall it be performed in a way that doesn't go falcondorf? Since it's a left arm reach animation, will Ganondorf attack with his left hand that will act like a claw swipe downward arc or should he attack with his right hand for an uppercut. Also should he leapfrog when he hit his opponent?

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
As for Gerudo Dragon mid-air, it can work since he got options to make before he grabs his opponent. Question though, how shall it be performed in a way that doesn't go falcondorf? Since it's a left arm reach animation, will Ganondorf attack with his left hand that will act like a claw swipe downward arc or should he attack with his right hand for an uppercut. Also should he leapfrog when he hit his opponent?
I was thinking it could be a much more powerful version of the Gerudo Dragon; a version that semi-spikes people akin to Lucario's command grab side-B in mid-air. So it definitely wouldn't look the same as it used to.

Maybe instead of looking like Falcon, Ganon would grab a person's face with his left hand, violently swing it back, and just whip the person down. Could replace purple flames with an electric effect emanating from his hand going straight into their face while he's in mid-swing.

OR if it has to be a quick move, he just grabs onto a person's face, essentially "climbs" on top of them mid-air, and stomps them down.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
The idea of grabbing them and throwing them down like Lucario's was what I was thinking of. Also... you could use a trophy air down throw for that to look good. He spins during that animation and I think it would work great for it.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Another idea I had today was to make Ganondorf's dash grab resemble the grounded Flame Choke, because if his new grounded Side-B was the Sword, I'd still want to pay homage to the old Side-B in the same vein as PM did with the Warlock Punch.

I haven't actually tested this mod yet myself, but when you Up-B somebody before you teleport and grab onto them, do you actually pull them into the portal with you? Because if not, that would be awesome if it could be implemented.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
You'd need a wind hitbox for that. As for the CatchDash... I think that would be cool. You could use the whole Side B as a throw instead of another move. I think it would still fit. I'd put it to Forward throw and have it knock the opponent in that direction instead of downward. I've done that myself for my Ganon's build, works pretty well too.

The knockback thing. Not porting Side B over Forward throw... just so I'm being clear.

Last edited:

StuyBoomBoom

Smash Rookie
How far would/could you go with changes to Ganondorf? You have made great changes already. I have only watched the video you posted, but it's impressive. Ganondorf needs to be all about the magic! If you are interested in discussing major moveset changes, let me know. I just have ideas(since Melee), and would like to see them in action. Also, I will know which are too ridiculous to be done.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
How far would/could you go with changes to Ganondorf? You have made great changes already. I have only watched the video you posted, but it's impressive. Ganondorf needs to be all about the magic! If you are interested in discussing major moveset changes, let me know. I just have ideas(since Melee), and would like to see them in action. Also, I will know which are too ridiculous to be done.
What are your ideas?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Although some of the ideas above sound awesome to me, having Flame Choke not be on Side-B would be a travesty in my eyes. It's a integral & crucial part to Ganon's play style.

I would like it if we can press A right after we press side B and the FC will send the foe upwards like Gerudo Dragon. If A isn't press it stays normal FC.

As for float I like it as is. I wouldn't mind it being like Peach's and not take up the Aerial N-B spot but I like it as is well enough.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Yeah, well I was also thinking last night that if people liked the Sword Charge as a Neutral-B move, the Side-B could definitely still work as a grounded Flame Choke/Gerudo Dragon remake.

The Cape could just be the aerial Neutral-B.

Maybe his nair could be like a strange new version of the Wizard Foot that doesn't propel him forward, it just functions like the original Nair, but burns them with shadow flames?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Yeah, well I was also thinking last night that if people liked the Sword Charge as a Neutral-B move, the Side-B could definitely still work as a grounded Flame Choke/Gerudo Dragon remake.

The Cape could just be the aerial Neutral-B.

Maybe his nair could be like a strange new version of the Wizard Foot that doesn't propel him forward, it just functions like the original Nair, but burns them with shadow flames?
cool idea for Nair... but I absolutely love the Nair Cape (and Jab) like seriously its amazing for spacing and controlling your opponent so I personally don't want it changed (except I think it needs a bit more hit stun). Also Cape is more cannon than wiz kick so it kinda beats it there too for me :\

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I was thinking alot for Ganondorf recently and my thought was for his appearance like how he should pose.

Mage-type:
When it comes to magic, his waiting pose may act like a float-type of character, where the tip of his toe are the part that touches the floor. Also crossing the arms while floating (as he does with Neutral-B) look badass.
Black Adam standing pose

Bison walking pose

Dash and Running
(Ganondorf got a pose from "Dash frame 15" and "Run frame 1" that can act as floating run)

The painful thing to do is all of his ground-moves needs to be adjusted with standing pose.

as for Lord-type well.. pretty much like Ares

Some spells Dormammu can use for U-tilt (see 1:44) can use Ike's Eruption or Lucarios Side-B in purple flame along darkness effect.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
This mod is great. This is how Ganondorf should be.

sparkywaffles

Smash Rookie
I've been using this mod for a week now, and I'm telling you that my friends and I don't even miss Falcondorf! He's heavy, feels powerful to play as, and apparently very good at ledge guarding. A very good moveset for a character I would otherwise rarely use outside of an "Oldmanondorf" joke!
Here are a few pieces of critique, though:
1) Ganon doesn't have any jabs, other than the reflect. This might not be horrible, but jabs are something I use a lot since they're a relatively quick attack, so I tend to leave myself open if I miss. I do like the added knockback from the reflect, though; it's useful to smack enemies away from you. I've also found it harder to properly time the reflect, especially in the air. If it was me, I would make the volley/float the neutral special, the sword the down special and the fist slam the down special aerial.
2) While on the topic of the volley, it doesn't seem to reflect certain projectiles (Link's Boomerang, PK Fire, etc.). I don't remember how well the Project M default dealt with projectiles, but I think moving the specials like above would somewhat fix this.
3) Hopefully the Warlock Slam (project m down taunt) is coming back soon.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
1)About the jab, I think it's just a matter of getting used to it, but it also deals some damage and knockback, so you can still use it as a jab.
2)I think it's only a matter of timing, just keep training and come back later if it still happens
3)Warlock Slam? EDIT: Okay, now I get it! Would be awesome to see it in the mod!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
Man, I can't actually even keep up with what's the latest on TriDorf. All I really seemed to catch was cape-jab, which is... completely and utterly absurd. In a way that I have zero disapproval of whatsoever. Awesome thought.

Still want Wiz-kick/Super-punch dash-A, though...

Also @ Caporai Caporai , you remind me everytime I see him that Ganondorf honestly should be the Black Adam/M Bison of Smash: characters with a beautiful blend of mystically enhanced brute combat who relied on a unique form of safe hyper-offensiveness, that traded the usual high-low mixup for constant trickery and constant assault. Also, the appropriately animated swag of each fits Ganon like a glove. I love the smash Dorf to death, and I love this form of him to death. But if I were to start from the beginning, exactly the kind of characters I would've tried to base him on.

In short, Ganondorf is greatness at everything. He has no weaknesses. Should be toppest of tiers. :denzel:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
So is anyone else noticing when sometimes when Ganon use's his up special he sometime's he just falls?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey @ Ashingda Ashingda any new plans/info for the next version of the mod? I'm really looking forward to all the little additions @ Heavy D88 Heavy D88 made. And for the sword stance to return (if possible).

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
It sure has been a while. Life must be taking over his time at the moment.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
It sure has been a while. Life must be taking over his time at the moment.
For sure! I think we all feel that.
He can tell us it's coming in 2 years or 2 weeks and I'll be happy with it either way as I just know it's coming :)

This mod is one of few reasons I even signed up to these boards and the top reason I keep coming back and checking them too. Every new version is like an awesome surprise birthday gift. It's really great!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Same reason I joined too actually. I made an account just to see if i could help out.

Top Bottom