• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Travis Presents: Aftershock 2 - Hagerstown, MD (5/29/10)

chinesahh

Smash Lord
AFTERSHOCK 2
We need more melee in MD/VA.

Place
North American Rod & Gun Club
12108 Belvedere Rd
Hagerstown, MD 21742
(301) 739-4440

Date
May 29th, 2010

Money
Singles - $10
Doubles - $20 a team
Venue - $8

Payouts are standard 60/30/10, unless more than 32 show. There will be a small pot bonus in the payouts ($25).

Schedule
11:00 - Doors open
12:30 - Doubles
3:30 - Singles

The schedule is tentative. If you're going to be late, call me. 410-925-1938

Rules
I'm using the Pound stagelist and general rules.

Melee:
•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Setups
Melee
Venue - 7

The venue is kinda far, but it has plenty of setups and space!

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Interested in attending, although it's not during the school year so I'm not sure. We'll have to see once the date gets closer.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
TvC and Brawl+ would be what I would suggest for side events at a Melee event. We need to set up a carpool and confirmed list.

If you are only like 30-45 minutes out I might be able to pick you up. I think herf and Becca are competent enough to run things while I am out.

Alukard

Smash Hero
TvC and Brawl+ would be what I would suggest for side events at a Melee event. We need to set up a carpool and confirmed list.

If you are only like 30-45 minutes out I might be able to pick you up. I think herf and Becca are competent enough to run things while I am out.
set up SF4 on the side lol

and i'll see if i can get people interested in this ... just post a link in my no johns thread i dont mind =]

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
good**** Chinesah. I wanna try and make this

*waits for Chillindude829 to suggest some sf4......... pre-emptively agrees*

edit: oh yeah I agree with alukard =)

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Alright, I added brawl+ but I think the stage list is way out dated. Can I get an updated one?

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
Dammit, Travis. This is on the same day as my graduation. Aftershock 1 helped me out a lot, though. Thanks for giving me tips while we were cleaning up.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I will have to see if I can round up some SF4 and systems since people seem to want to play that game.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Fun $1 best of 5 Falcon ditto Travis ~_~ I'll get you next time :lick:
Winston and I could probably come to this, I think UMD gets out of school by then.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
the venue is chill as **** so yeah we can have sf4 + any other game really

wenbobular - bring it

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I just want to let you all know that I have our first potential sponsor. The amount is yet to be determined, there is just a matter of going over the contract. Once I get that done, I will let travis know so we can update the opening post with the sponsor info and the amount added to the pot.

Bones0

Smash Legend
If my friend and I drove to Westminster, could anyone carpool us the rest of the way? We'd have two TVs, a Wii, a Cube, and maybe a third person, not sure.
Get hyyyyype!

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
If my friend and I drove to Westminster, could anyone carpool us the rest of the way? We'd have two TVs, a Wii, a Cube, and maybe a third person, not sure.
Get hyyyyype!
Since we are having brawl+ the legion might come so you should ask if they will have an open spaces for people.

Get HYPED.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I am going but my truck will most likely have only one spot open. You should ask Tantalus.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I quite honestly doubt I'll be here, I don't play melee or SF4 or TvC

I like brawl, I'll probably be near whatever tourney has that

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm going to try to make this. Can't promise right now, there's too much going on in May for me :(

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Getting the first sponsor is taking longer than expected but should be finalized soon. In the next couple of weeks I will work on getting others. I hope to add a couple hundred to the singles pot.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Chinesah can you update the front page to say that we are being sponsored by advanced anime http://www.advancedanime.com/

There is another online website that I am working on getting sponosorship for but it is going slowly. After finals I am really going to go out and get sponsors.

Look forward to the event.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
what exactly does being sponsored by advanced anime entail? thats important :p

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Unfortunately not much plank, only 25 dollars being added to the pot.

Edit: my goal is to get enough sponsors to add 250 dollars to the singles pot.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hey 25 dollars is better than nothing. better sponsorship than i had for pound

edit::

i say we accept g-regs sponsorship offer. i dont think its positive to ever turn down a sponsor, and if g-reg wants to advertise his ****, who are we to discriminate?

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
wow, can i add $25 to the pot, and say that my COCK is sponsoring this tournament?
Advanced anime plus your **** makes 50 dollars worth added to the pot. :laugh:

On a more serious note. I am working on collecting more. I could get about 100 dollars if I can find a reason for why a local Mcdonalds would want to sponsor the event.

Top Bottom