• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Town Hall Meeting - Villager Matchup Discussion

@ zackattack_056 zackattack_056 @ Antonykun Antonykun I've moved your posts here.

Regarding PK Fire and Arcfire activating on hit with balloons, that's to be expected. Balloons are essentially entities in that they have hurtboxes. That's why they can be popped by attacks and such. Though I haven't had this done to me, I'd imagine you could just recover outside of the angle that the fires go through?

Also, I'm going to be thinking about what to do about MU discussion structure. The individual thread idea has been done since Brawl as far as I know, though it's really hit or miss in that sometimes that just proves to be a really inefficient way of conducting discussion that ends up cluttering the boards (though if we did that, I think the best course of action would be 1 thread at a time that I sticky alongside this thread).

Xiivi brought up an interesting method that I was hoping of trying out, so stay tuned. For now, just keep doing what you're doing!

TunaAndBacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TunaAndBacon
@ zackattack_056 zackattack_056 @ Antonykun Antonykun I've moved your posts here.

Regarding PK Fire and Arcfire activating on hit with balloons, that's to be expected. Balloons are essentially entities in that they have hurtboxes. That's why they can be popped by attacks and such. Though I haven't had this done to me, I'd imagine you could just recover outside of the angle that the fires go through?

Also, I'm going to be thinking about what to do about MU discussion structure. The individual thread idea has been done since Brawl as far as I know, though it's really hit or miss in that sometimes that just proves to be a really inefficient way of conducting discussion that ends up cluttering the boards (though if we did that, I think the best course of action would be 1 thread at a time that I sticky alongside this thread).

Xiivi brought up an interesting method that I was hoping of trying out, so stay tuned. For now, just keep doing what you're doing!
Yeah I think more MU threads would be really helpful, one was doable in Brawl but now we have almost as many characters as their are legendary pokemon.

But on the Palutena note, I got squat.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Ok. Here's the list of characters that can be repelled by Villager (Pocket is THAT overpowered).

Bowser Jr.
Mega Man
Duck Hunt
Robin (if you're quick enough)
Any character that is dumb enough to use reflect when Timber is chopped.

If you got any more, tell me.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
I personally don't really agree with the idea of individual threads for each MU. Seriously, that's 52 separate threads. I think if we wisely utilize a single thread, we can make it work. Let the home post act as an index, with links to the pages that start certain MU discussions. And if someone were to discover some ground-breaking tactic we can use against a certain MU while we're not discussing it, I think a separate thread would be appropriate then.

zackattack_056

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1521-3781-0029
Why am I the only one who does not use pocket as often as other people? A use of lloid and bowling ball more often, lloid being my go to unless I am below the stage. I never have fallen from broken balloons.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
the thing with pocket is that it has ending lag so i really only pocket things i can get away with pocketing like Aura Sphere.

zackattack_056

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1521-3781-0029
Is avoiding the tree a good strategy in for glory considering you have lloid and rolling, or slingshot.

How did you get that signature image, did you edit a template or ask somebody because I have seen more than one in that style.

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Anyone have any tips against Lucario, speaking of Aura Sphere? I can beat every character of his handily except for that darn Lucario. He always fakes me out with his aura sphere so I find it difficult to pocket. I feel like my playstyle might not be a good fit for his playstyle. He plays very very campy, often standing still and simply waiting for me to do something. I've been inspired by all you aggressive villagers, so I'm always going in, but I'm finding that to not be working out too well. He also uses a custom side b that causes him to dash forward, often zipping past a lloid rocket. I also tend to barely lose to random Lucarios on FG. Anybody having better luck against Lucarios?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
if he camps then camp right back. Villager is more than just an aggressor she's a zoner and a keep-away master too. Stay in a distance where he has to get in or face consequences.

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
Anyone have any tips against Lucario, speaking of Aura Sphere? I can beat every character of his handily except for that darn Lucario. He always fakes me out with his aura sphere so I find it difficult to pocket. I feel like my playstyle might not be a good fit for his playstyle. He plays very very campy, often standing still and simply waiting for me to do something. I've been inspired by all you aggressive villagers, so I'm always going in, but I'm finding that to not be working out too well. He also uses a custom side b that causes him to dash forward, often zipping past a lloid rocket. I also tend to barely lose to random Lucarios on FG. Anybody having better luck against Lucarios?
(I don't know that much about the match-up lucario has against villager, I knew the match-up back in brawl, but I'm not sure if it works the same way on sm4sh) Honestly, don't try to be aggressive with villager (I really don't think villager is an aggressive character but he can punish very very hard), just adapt to the lucarios playstyle. Try getting him offstage and lucarios will absolutly HATE landing on the stage with up-b due to the tremendous lag so 99% of the time they'll go for the edge. Just dair or nair them back offstage and edgehog. I feel like keeping them offstage and forcing them to recover on stage using up-b is going to get you the kill. Just punish the lag from his up-b using bowling ball. I've seen some lucario's use their powered-up side b to approach or just use it as a long distance "projectile". Yessssss, lucario's side is a projectile and I remember when I was messing around using lucario and I used force paml aura against fox and he reflected it I easily died at 100% and with villagers pocket making the projectile stronger it'll easily kill. Just camp the lucario out, make him stop using his ground game using Lloids and if he tries to approach from the air punish using usmash. Dash attack can be read sometimes and you can go for a pivot grab either ftilt. Never approach lucario from above (learned that the hard way), lucarios dair has so much priority and also try to kill him early, aura can really hit you hard and kill you so easily. Getting the kill requires patience and monitoring the lucarios movements and if he likes to use things more than once in a given situation, capitalize on that using bowling ball either dsmash>fsmash/usmash. As well as Lucarios aura sphere usually they have a pattern of whenthey throw it out that you can look for, for example when I played lucario I had a pattern of SH backwards if the opponent was approaching I used aura sphere. Not much you can do there but read it and wen you do pocket it, they're going to be dodging a lot to try to avoid that, you can punish their movements for doing that as well. Again this is about patience playing against a lucario and last but not least keep him offstage using nair or dair.

That's my two cents with Villager vs. Lucario match-up, I might be wrong on some of this stuff though so feel free to correct me.

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I just disocovered that you can pocket Pac-Man's trampoline, so you can totally gimp Pac-Man kinda like Ness!

Awesome!!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
chances are if you can pocket trampoline you can just bounce on the trampoline and gimp him that way

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
True, but the trampoline has 3 bounces, giving Pac Man the chance of recovering if you dont jump on it the third time. Simply pocketing it would eliminate that possibility completely.

With that being said, I had no idea you could pocket the trampoline. This just gets better and better.

Pocket is so broken. :4villager:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Thanks for the tips against lucario! I was finally able to overcome my greatest adversary. :4lucario: Now he thinks Villager's broken lol.

:4villager::4villager::4villager:

Last edited:

SShane

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0447-5092-9424
how do you guys feel about villager vs sheik ?
i think villager does well against diddy just sheik is pretty weird

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
So...

Anyone wanna spill some salt on Yoshi?
With Yoshi, it's kind of hard to reliably pocket his eggs, since he fires them at a pretty decent rate and you could get hit by the 2nd one after pocketing the first. I reeeeally don't like being up close or in Yoshi's mid range. His projectiles are faster than most of yours, and that dash attack can be quite surprising if it isn't just being spammed. Personally, I like having a tree out a lot in this matchup. It really helps cover you from the barrage of eggs you might face, and the sprouting tree is a good kill move if you get a good read. If you're fighting a Yoshi who isn't too heavy on his egg throw, then this is perfect for you, because now you have all the stage control from your projectiles. Unfortunately, this is one of those matchups where you just won't ever get a grab OoS as a punish (or shouldn't, I shouldsay). It's very rare in my experience, though I guess Villager's awful grab is to blame for that, rather than Yoshi's speed and aerial momentum. The only time I feel like Yoshi should be getting grabbed in this matchup is if he whiffs a down b, which I honestly don't think they should be using that often in the first place. If the Yoshi player is using side b to approach, you can shield it, and as it comes in contact with your shield, you can short hop out of shield and nair for an easy punish. As for recovering, you'll always want to recover from BELOW the stage, but make sure you shoot a lloid rocket for cover. I think that yoshi has an easy time edgeguarding Villager in general, but at least by recovering from below the ledge, you have the chance of teching the wall/stage if he hits you with anything. When Yoshi's recovering, you basically want to do the same thing you're always doing to deny recoveries, throw out projectiles to push them back away from the stage. The issue is that Yoshi's double jump armor, paired along with his aerial movement + egg throw give him a reeeeally easy time back on stage, since he has so much coverage. This is just one of those matchups where I don't expect to kill Yoshi off the sides early. I still don't feel like there's much you can do when Yoshi is recovering really high.

TBH, I consider this to be one of those matchups where if the Yoshi player is extremely defensive, you have to play at a snail's pace. Don't try to challenge things like Yoshi's Fair, Up Smash, Egg Throw, Dash Attack, or his recovery (You should definitely rack up damage with your projectiles as he's recovering, but don't go out there for the dair spike or the fair kill every time). Most of all, respect the dino's down air. This attack is quite literally the definition of "Free Shield Pressure" as Yoshi's full dair can break Villager's shield completely (I've had this happen to me once...). Assuming you don't roll away in time, your best bet is to shield the first half of the move and then drop your shield during the second half and just take the percent.You can punish side b with nair out of shield. You can also punish his down b with either a grab or with down smash into fsmash or up smash. I think Yoshi is a pretty good close range fighter in this game (and a damn good ranged fighter as well), so I think that it's important to just try to zone him out with your own projectiles. There's no reason to approach a really smart/patient Yoshi player. Just rack up your damage and then punish accordingly when they finally slip up.

That's about the gist of this matchup from my experiences. If you have any specific questions about this matchup, I'll try to help some more.

MJG

Smash Hero
Do not. I repeat. DO. NOT. TRY TO ATTACK BACK WHEN ZSS SENDS YOU FLYING UPWARDS FROM A GRAB. YOU WILL FAIL AND ZSS WILL WOMBO COMBO YOU INTO OBLIVION. JUST MASH DODGE AND PRAY ZSS MISSES YOU.
Haha this made me die while I was reading this match up analysis. Yea I agree with a lot of these points (I play with a zss at times) and there were also some things that I learned today. I'll be stopping by a lot more now since villager is one of my co-mains =)

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Alright guys. So I figured out one of the keys to winning the Palutena MU. Always make sure you have a tree planted. Not only to block those annoying auto-reticle shots, but also so we have our best weapon in this MU: the axe.

The axe comes out so fast most Palus won't see it coming. They can't reflect it, and it's very strong. So if you're a villager who forgoes a lot of tree usage, you may want to consider it for this MU just so you have one more attack option.

What's more, this may cause the Palutena to get distracted in trying to destroy the tree once they realize that's the only reason you're planting it. In which case, you may be able to catch them off guard by chopping it down on them. But of course we must be careful.

Hope this helps!

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
Any advice on the Toon Link MU?
Pocket is all well and good, but with the amount of projectile spam TL can produce it doesn't accomplish anything to pocket an arrow.
Approaching is really tough as well, Having a tree doesnt help when TL's arrows detonate Lloid, and the bomb blasts, even if they hit the front of the tree, cover the back too.

The only thing I have been able to gain any advantage with is using the Pushing Lloid custom as it can travel through the projectiles.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Any advice on the Toon Link MU?
Pocket is all well and good, but with the amount of projectile spam TL can produce it doesn't accomplish anything to pocket an arrow.
Approaching is really tough as well, Having a tree doesnt help when TL's arrows detonate Lloid, and the bomb blasts, even if they hit the front of the tree, cover the back too.

The only thing I have been able to gain any advantage with is using the Pushing Lloid custom as it can travel through the projectiles.
TL isn't fun but we do have the tools to beat him. for one practice your air dodge/aerial timing so you can get a bomb out of TL if he throws the boomerang you pocket it as now you have a fast punish to work with. Speaking of speed if I remember correctly TL lacks as fast or faster than 3 frames so you want to get close and spam n-air into Lloyd. so you use aerials/air dodge to get close and n-air and Lloyd to pressure TL. Also be careful of TL F-smash its a little too spammable.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I don't believe anyone has spoken about the Ness MU as far as I am aware, so I'd like to begin.

I feel our general gameplan as Villagers is to get Ness offstage, and if you are able to edgeguard properly, you can pocket that delicious PK Thunder and claim the opponent's stock. Easy right?

Well ofc not, nobody wants to take to take a d-throw>fair string or a b-throw or just get sent into the air to be sniped by several PKT's as punishment for our slow grabs, f-tilts, and the like. This is one of the biggest problems regarding this MU, I believe.

All I feel I can do is try and spam my nairs, slingshot and Lloid, then cross my fingers that they'll screw up an air dodge and spam some more to keep him offstage.

Regarding customs though, I feel that Pocket+ is actually the way to go for once. In the lab, I saw nothing we could send back to Ness did any real damage/shield damage/knockback w/ regular Pocket, and Garden severely limits the effectiveness of one our few, if not only safe, reliable kill strat against Ness. So, why not more range? Pushy Lloid of course helps us get him offstage, and the other specials for this situation are entirely preference, IMO.

For Ness, from what I've seen on his boards is that he would change to Lucas' PK Fire and/or PSI Vacuum according to their critical sets. The change I see only getting merit here is just possibly PSI Vacuum. Otherwise, Ness will just run vanilla.

Any comments, tips, suggestions or opinions are extremely appreciated.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Well obviously no one is going to say that beating a perceived top tier is going to be easy. Really what you want to do against Ness is to play as lame as possible until he messes up. Going for the "aggressive Villager" i hear so much about will lead to a grab. While Ness has a reflector, it is very risky for potentially reflecting Lloyd for 7 times ness's multiplier is. Ness like most characters can't challenge a growing tree, so keep a sapling watered at all times. If you can pocket a PK Fire more power to you. If Ness is Pressuring you Jab or N-air as they come out on frame 3 which is ridiculously fast. Lloyd is good but seriously when isn't Lloyd good. Just keep annoying him and you'll soon see the boy offstage screaming "PK THUNDER".

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
With Yoshi, it's kind of hard to reliably pocket his eggs, since he fires them at a pretty decent rate and you could get hit by the 2nd one after pocketing the first. I reeeeally don't like being up close or in Yoshi's mid range. His projectiles are faster than most of yours, and that dash attack can be quite surprising if it isn't just being spammed. Personally, I like having a tree out a lot in this matchup. It really helps cover you from the barrage of eggs you might face, and the sprouting tree is a good kill move if you get a good read. If you're fighting a Yoshi who isn't too heavy on his egg throw, then this is perfect for you, because now you have all the stage control from your projectiles. Unfortunately, this is one of those matchups where you just won't ever get a grab OoS as a punish (or shouldn't, I shouldsay). It's very rare in my experience, though I guess Villager's awful grab is to blame for that, rather than Yoshi's speed and aerial momentum. The only time I feel like Yoshi should be getting grabbed in this matchup is if he whiffs a down b, which I honestly don't think they should be using that often in the first place. If the Yoshi player is using side b to approach, you can shield it, and as it comes in contact with your shield, you can short hop out of shield and nair for an easy punish. As for recovering, you'll always want to recover from BELOW the stage, but make sure you shoot a lloid rocket for cover. I think that yoshi has an easy time edgeguarding Villager in general, but at least by recovering from below the ledge, you have the chance of teching the wall/stage if he hits you with anything. When Yoshi's recovering, you basically want to do the same thing you're always doing to deny recoveries, throw out projectiles to push them back away from the stage. The issue is that Yoshi's double jump armor, paired along with his aerial movement + egg throw give him a reeeeally easy time back on stage, since he has so much coverage. This is just one of those matchups where I don't expect to kill Yoshi off the sides early. I still don't feel like there's much you can do when Yoshi is recovering really high.

TBH, I consider this to be one of those matchups where if the Yoshi player is extremely defensive, you have to play at a snail's pace. Don't try to challenge things like Yoshi's Fair, Up Smash, Egg Throw, Dash Attack, or his recovery (You should definitely rack up damage with your projectiles as he's recovering, but don't go out there for the dair spike or the fair kill every time). Most of all, respect the dino's down air. This attack is quite literally the definition of "Free Shield Pressure" as Yoshi's full dair can break Villager's shield completely (I've had this happen to me once...). Assuming you don't roll away in time, your best bet is to shield the first half of the move and then drop your shield during the second half and just take the percent.You can punish side b with nair out of shield. You can also punish his down b with either a grab or with down smash into fsmash or up smash. I think Yoshi is a pretty good close range fighter in this game (and a damn good ranged fighter as well), so I think that it's important to just try to zone him out with your own projectiles. There's no reason to approach a really smart/patient Yoshi player. Just rack up your damage and then punish accordingly when they finally slip up.

That's about the gist of this matchup from my experiences. If you have any specific questions about this matchup, I'll try to help some more.
Bro.....that was phenomenal. Thanks a million, seriously. I play my friend countless amounts of time and he just beats me every single damn time which is frustrating. It's really not me because I have an amazing Villager, but it's my habits. You're absolutely right in that I need to zone out and play a little keep away. Unfortunately, we have to te spect Yoshi almost TOO much because many of his moves outprioritize ours or are simy a world stronger. I will screen shot these tips and refer back to them. Thank you so much again. This is literally all I was looking for. This is like a 6-5 MU (7-3 if they're REALLY good in favor of Yoshi). Definitely winnable though. I usually go out to Yoshi when he recovers low off of stages like FD for a Nair kill. Best option to gimp out there because his recovery is a nightmare.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
You know... I just realised that Villager is a ****ing terrible character.

I'm not trolling you can tell that I main Villager, but Villager just has way too many match ups that he cant handle. Sheik, Fox, Mario, Link, Toon Link, and so much more.

I'm still going to main Villager, but he just can't be that well in the competitive scene. He has little to no combos, and his overall moves just dont add up.

Im sorry, but Villager just isnt that good of a character...

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801

I'm not trolling you can tell that I main Villager, but Villager just has way too many match ups that he cant handle. Sheik, Fox, Mario, Link, Toon Link, and so much more.

I'm still going to main Villager, but he just can't be that well in the competitive scene. He has little to no combos, and his overall moves just dont add up.

I disagree. I think Villager's one of those characters that will just take a ton of work in order to stay a viable threat, mostly against top tier characters. I think he has a fairly good time against most of the cast. Not that many bad MUs, and those that are bad aren't insurmountable by any means.

Especially if customs become a mainstay for tournaments(which they better should; there's no good reason why they shouldn't at some point in 2015), then Villager will be all the scarier, with all those crazy new options we get.

I think because of the way Villager fights, he can become kind of predictable, and once opponents figure out how to rush us down, we don't have a great response other than jab or nair. The best way to become great with Villager is to play very smart. The character you choose is like your weapon to victory. Some weapons are harder to wield, and take a lot of time and effort in order to be able to use them effectively, like Villager or Duck Hunt. Other weapons are very easy to use, with very obvious pros and not very many cons, like Diddy or Sheik. Villager is one of the strangest weapons ever introduced in the Smash Bros. series, possibly the strangest. This is exactly why I love him so much, and why I'll stick with him as long as possible. I want to master every niche tool he has, and make sure people never sleep on him. I know I'll never sleep on the Killager.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
When I saw this post on my phone I knew I needed to run to my keyboard (but of course I couldn't -_-) because of everything wrong with this post.

Well guys lets buckle up for not one not two but FIVE MU discussion just to prove how wrong this

Shiek: Maybe its because I heard too much of @Shaya but I have to agree that this is a disadvantaged MU, Shiek goes at hyper speed has disjoints and edge guards like a stop sign. What I refuse to to agree is that the matchup is anything worse than winnable Villager can and will out-camp Shiek, Shiek has to approach Villager. this means you can wall out Shiek in the right conditions

Fox: How is a character with recovery as awful as Fox's be an unwinnable matchup for Villager. While Fox is fast and can cluster Villager, Villager can cluster back with her projectiles, and before you speak about Lloyd Bait Reflector let me tell you a few things: There is lag after the reflector so you can bait and set up the fool with Lloyd and put him in disadvantage. When Fox is in the air edge guard him, its not even that difficult.

Mario: The only thing that could merit a bad MU from Mario is his mobility specs. Cape is Lloyd bait, N-air stops his Wombo Combo's, Fireball gets pocketed, ect ect.

The Links: Are you serious? Villager is advantageous against the Links pocket the boomerang to get a buffed version of the slingshot, airdodge/attack the bombs to grab them. Their recovery are weak and you have an edge guarding god.

Also you forgot that villager has an advantageous MU that more than merits his position in tournaments:
Diddy
Yes that Diddy the one who down throws into up air into game. Pocket the Banana and edge guard the guy.

Villager has a huge place in tournaments because of her good matchup against the current best character in the game

By combo I think you mean true combo

Here's some combos for you:
Lloyd into n-air/fair at low percents
Growing Tree into f-air/ n-air at low to medium percents
PUSHY LLOYD INTO EVERYTHING

Villager doesn't even need combos, she has follow up and more set ups instead of true combos. If Villager has true combo they'd be broken because they have such a strong neutral and set up game

Seriously though as @Thinkaman says true combos are "the Michael Bay of fighting games" they're flashy but oh so shallow because there is no interaction between players. This is one of the many reasons Villager is so interesting.

Villager is amazing in this game, and it will take a massive meta-game shift to make it so she's not.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
I disagree. I think Villager's one of those characters that will just take a ton of work in order to stay a viable threat, mostly against top tier characters. I think he has a fairly good time against most of the cast. Not that many bad MUs, and those that are bad aren't insurmountable by any means.

Especially if customs become a mainstay for tournaments(which they better should; there's no good reason why they shouldn't at some point in 2015), then Villager will be all the scarier, with all those crazy new options we get.

I think because of the way Villager fights, he can become kind of predictable, and once opponents figure out how to rush us down, we don't have a great response other than jab or nair. The best way to become great with Villager is to play very smart. The character you choose is like your weapon to victory. Some weapons are harder to wield, and take a lot of time and effort in order to be able to use them effectively, like Villager or Duck Hunt. Other weapons are very easy to use, with very obvious pros and not very many cons, like Diddy or Sheik. Villager is one of the strangest weapons ever introduced in the Smash Bros. series, possibly the strangest. This is exactly why I love him so much, and why I'll stick with him as long as possible. I want to master every niche tool he has, and make sure people never sleep on him. I know I'll never sleep on the Killager.
Well said my brotha. I concur 100%. SoniCraft is just hella butt. He threw so much salt on this post, it's pathetic to me. Yeah, there's always tough much ups but this is the FIRST Smash that I can legit say that EVERYONE is viable. Of course, some have more uphill battles than other but all totally doable. SoniCraft is trippin like someone with a strong desire for wanderlust.

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Well said my brotha. I concur 100%. SoniCraft is just hella butt. He threw so much salt on this post, it's pathetic to me. Yeah, there's always tough much ups but this is the FIRST Smash that I can legit say that EVERYONE is viable. Of course, some have more uphill battles than other but all totally doable. SoniCraft is trippin like someone with a strong desire for wanderlust.
Haha you sure you aren't calling out the wrong person bro? ^_^

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
the thing with pocket is that it has ending lag so i really only pocket things i can get away with pocketing like Aura Sphere.
Rising SH pockets and BReverse Rising SH pockets allow you to safely pocket smaller things, so long as you're not in the opponents face (During an approach you can do something like this.)
They prove useful sometimes, still messing with JC Glide Toss and pocketed items to find some uses.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea

Dear god, I really regret posting this. How do I delete this?!

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Frankly you should keep it. It forced me to remember all the things that are awesome about Villager.
Maybe Villager has the Mega Man situation.

Hard to use, but powerful.

Also, this might be weird, but does anyone know any good options when facing a Villager?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Maybe Villager has the Mega Man situation.

Hard to use, but powerful.

Also, this might be weird, but does anyone know any good options when facing a Villager?
Well I'm saying the things that worked against me:
Dash attacks when there isn't a Lloyd out at it will snipe Villager while Lloyd comes out.
Other than that i got nothing other than shield a lot, react to grabs, and don't lose your cool.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
I found an interesting glitch while playing against a Villager the other day.

First one in the video, the Villager ended up completely frozen in the centre of the stage. Happened after I used Up-b as the Villager was finishing the pocket animation.

Top Bottom