• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So this may or may not be relevant to this discussion, but does anyone have info on this image I've found circulating around?

It appears to be from a Japanese magazine and features a full 3D model of the Flying Man from Magicant.
That's hilarious. I'm glad they stuck with the 2D model, that thing is terrifying!

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
So this may or may not be relevant to this discussion, but does anyone have info on this image I've found circulating around?

It appears to be from a Japanese magazine and features a full 3D model of the Flying Man from Magicant.
That flying man looks creepy, so, I'm happy that they chose the sprite instead.

Last edited:

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena

But don't you find it odd, there are 2 characters here still not officially announced? Let's take a further look.

See them? They are the ones known as Jigglypuff and Bowser JR. Why would these characters even be present? Would Sakurai really be careless enough to have these unlocked? These characters must be part of the starting roster, alongside Ness, and Ganondorf. Now, the leak creator could have easily accidentally said "all" instead of some. It does seem very suspicious some characters have been turned into starters. This statement cannot be proven either way.

With merely one piece of evidence, Mr.Wright, the leak cannot be debunked right away. You are going to need more evidence.

As I already provided an exclaimation of the second point, I will only address the first.
The leaker obviously had limited knowledge, and could have only had a few pictures to go off of.

I show you: The stage leak!

In it is the Great Fox. Now, we know it's the Orbital Gate, so deconfirmation right?
WRONG!

A large sum of the stage is on the Great Fox. He could have only had pictures of the one part of a potential scrolling stage.

Logic

Hey Nick? I've been thinking about something.

Let's say that Edgeworth is right and the leaker only had limited knowledge and mistook Orbital Gate for the Great Fox, then who's to say that with his limited knowledge he could have made other mistakes.

For example maybe the leaker only saw footage of the Pyrosphere boss fight, and bluffed that he knew he was playable. Just like how you always bluff your way through court.

(Thank's Maya, it's nice to know that you always have my back)

Well, if the defence has nothing left to say, I will call the verdict...

Pursuit
The defence want's to change it's claim your honour. Let's say even if the leaker had real information, It still wouldn't matter. If the leakers information was so limited that he couldn't even tell us what the Star Fox stage actually was, who's to say that he hasn't been wrong on anything else?

In other words if we can't rely on this information it might as well be fake.

Last edited:

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
Anyone remember this image?

It still confuses me. It's really well done if it's fake. I couldn't find that render of wolf anywhere, save one that looked kinda similar, but had a different color scheme. And then there's Impa. I have no idea where that image came from. I'm not sure what the 3DS record screen looks like, but if it doesn't look like this, then this very well could be an early Wii U leak. If this is fake, props to the leaker.

Chrono.

Definitely fake.

The records screen doesn't look like that at all.

Last edited:

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
You're all fools btw! Mr. Prince is Mr. Sakurai exacting troll vengeance on the leakers and all of you who contributed to their notoriety. Wake up sheeple! :psycho:

Last edited:

rangergage

Smash Rookie

It still confuses me. It's really well done if it's fake. I couldn't find that render of wolf anywhere, save one that looked kinda similar, but had a different color scheme. And then there's Impa. I have no idea where that image came from. I'm not sure what the 3DS record screen looks like, but if it doesn't look like this, then this very well could be an early Wii U leak. If this is fake, props to the leaker.
A couple things seem off about it. Like look at the 1 in '12' and '13', they're different fonts.
Plus it looks like this may be the Wolf render they used. http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/3/33787/953407-wolfcommand.jpg

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

the main reason this was fake was because the math is wrong just look at lucarios's row it says 33 even tho it equals 34. However its still a good fake *clap clap * leaker

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
A couple things seem off about it. Like look at the 1 in '12' and '13', they're different fonts.
Plus it looks like this may be the Wolf render they used. http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/3/33787/953407-wolfcommand.jpg
True. However, the wolf render here looks slightly turned in comparison to the command one. Plus the white streak on his head is larger, and his cheeks are white. It's also not that far fetched to assume that the models just look similar. The font thing could just be a beta element that would be fixed before release. I doubt that the person who made this would go through all the work of making this as convincing as it is only for it to be disproven by something like that.

rangergage

Smash Rookie
the main reason this was fake was because the math is wrong just look at lucarios's row it says 33 even tho it equals 34. However its still a good fake *clap clap * leaker
I don't think that's a good argument against it, since it looks like you can scroll up and down where there would be more digits.

rangergage

Smash Rookie
True. However, the wolf render here looks slightly turned in comparison to the command one. Plus the white streak on his head is larger, and his cheeks are white. It's also not that far fetched to assume that the models just look similar. The font thing could just be a beta element that would be fixed before release. I doubt that the person who made this would go through all the work of making this as convincing as it is only for it to be disproven by something like that.
Very true.

Also, about Wolf -- It would be easy to slightly alter the render in Photoshop, so that would account for the minor differences. You're right about Impa though, can't find that image anywhere online.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I realized that too. However, none of the rows add up to their respected numbers. This means that either the leaker is so bad at math that he messed up on simple addition 4 times, or maybe the rows actually slide to reveal different fighters and KO numbers.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
And the 1 in the first 12 on the bottom and the second 12 are obvious different fonts.
And Impa looks weird.

Also, I'm sure that's not Wii U. It was there before the 3DS version came out, and while that doesn't mean it's not Wii U, that image with the 2 things being separate would fit on a 3DS, and it just looks like something that would be on the 3DS screens.....

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
And the 1 in the first 12 on the bottom and the second 12 are obvious different fonts.
And Impa looks weird.

Also, I'm sure that's not Wii U. It was there before the 3DS version came out, and while that doesn't mean it's not Wii U, that image with the 2 things being separate would fit on a 3DS, and it just looks like something that would be on the 3DS screens.....
It could also fit a TV screen and a Wii U gamepad.

WooMooWooWooMoo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Quattro_Thunder
3DS FC
1934-0666-8269
Nothing really, it's still a possibility although it has a few things going against it. A lot of people have outright dismissed it by now.
I'm one of the people who still believe it has a chance though.
It sounded to good to be true so I just ignored it. I'm not going to rag on people for still holding on to it, though. However, I don't want them to get their hopes up.

Last edited:

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
OK, another thing the record screen has going for it.

See how selections on menus have a jagged, angular end with a prominent dark line. Look at the the KO screen. Where it says KOs and Falls.

EDIT: The Order also makes perfect sense too. On the roster, the character that precedes Pikachu is Falco. Since wolf is above Pikachu in the picture, it makes sense to think that falco is off-screen and just above him.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Hmmmmmmmm...

The scrolling to reveal more fighters was how it worked in Brawl, but the font thing is pretty suspicious...

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, wasn't the math off on part of it? That's been floating around for a while now.
The Math isn't a problem since every single row would have a math error in that case which is stupid to believe. It's way more likely that the rows slide. And I don't think the font of the one debunks it. I mean the guy who somehow was able to create his own model of Impa, as well as a menu that was very similar in design to the other menus in the games messed up on some simple addition and a font?

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I think someone might have edited it; from what I remember, Lucario's was originally the only one where the math didn't add up. Like others have said, this has been around for a long time.

Also, the different font's a dead giveaway, as there's literally no reason coding-wise why the two 12's on the bottom row would have different 1's.

(Personally, I think the Impa render looks super-crappy too)

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
OK, another thing the record screen has going for it.

See how selections on menus have a jagged, angular end with a prominent dark line. Look at the the KO screen. Where it says KOs and Falls.

EDIT: The Order also makes perfect sense too. On the roster, the character that precedes Pikachu is Falco. Since wolf is above Pikachu in the picture, it makes sense to think that falco is off-screen and just above him.
The main thing that proves this fake is the fact that Impa comes before Toon Link and Ganondorf. Toon Link is a starter and newcomers aren't placed in between veterans on the roster.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
I think someone might have edited it; from what I remember, Lucario's was originally the only one where the math didn't add up. Like others have said, this has been around for a long time.

Also, the different font's a dead giveaway, as there's literally no reason coding-wise why the two 12's on the bottom row would have different 1's.

(Personally, I think the Impa render looks super-crappy too)
Yeah, it does look kinda crappy. But can you find this render anywhere? I agree the design is weird, but it doesn't look like It's been drawn in or something. I think there's way too much stuff in this leak to proven wrong by the fact a number's font is off. And no, I don't think that it was edited, as there are videos on youtube that talked about it the day it was leaked and the numbers are the same.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
The main thing that proves this fake is the fact that Impa comes before Toon Link and Ganondorf. Toon Link is a starter and newcomers aren't placed in between veterans on the roster.
Nah, Charizard is placed between Pikachu and Lucario, even though he wasn't present on the roster before. Also Rosalina and Bowser Jr. are placed between Yoshi and Wario.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Although I may not follow Mr. Prince's trolleaks, I suddenly start to wonder a little about Wonder-Red.
I know him becoming a player or assist trophy is fake, there is one pic I've kinda felt suspicion, which I hope I'm wrong.

As this is the trophy of Wonder-Red, I just wondered why he's separated from the other Wonderful 101, which is Blue and Green. I thought he should've been with Blue and Green as in one trophy, like the Fossil Fighters and the Able Sisters in the 3DS ver. Was there some kind of meaning for making him separately from the other Wonderful 101 as being a main protagonist, or is it just my unnecessary and meaningless imaginations?

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Okay, that screen with Impa and Wolf was confirmed fake when we got official confirmation of what the results screen actually looks like, and it certainly looks neater than this.

Smash World is fake too, and I have posted the thread explaining why in this group.

And none of this has much to do with Tower of Smash, but I can confirm for you guys that Smash World being fake does not disconfirm ToS.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
Okay, that screen with Impa and Wolf was confirmed fake when we got official confirmation of what the results screen actually looks like, and it certainly looks neater than this.

Smash World is fake too, and I have posted the thread explaining why in this group.

And none of this has much to do with Tower of Smash, but I can confirm for you guys that Smash World being fake does not disconfirm ToS.
Well one of the reasons I posted the image was because it has Impa in her Skyward Sword form, which is a key part of the Tower of Smash Leak.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Dang. So many off topic......well.....topic posts lately. I guess I must have missed a lot. BTW, what did I miss exactly?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Btw , the Wonderful Red trophy was a POTD ? Then did sakurai say he wasn't a playable character ?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Btw , the Wonderful Red trophy was a POTD ? Then did sakurai say he wasn't a playable character ?
He didn't actually specify. We just know he has a trophy. So DLC as an AT/Playable is not beyond impossible. He came out with him pretty early, so if he was a Data Transfer/Wii U character you can get later, that could potentially work too.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Yes, he did say he's not playable, which I do agree on it. But we still don't know if Sakurai's telling us the truth, not that I believe in Mr. Prince's leaks though. However, its just my curiosity, which I think is wrong.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
He didn't actually specify. We just know he has a trophy. So DLC as an AT/Playable is not beyond impossible. He came out with him pretty early, so if he was a Data Transfer/Wii U character you can get later, that could potentially work too.
Yes, he did say he's not playable, which I do agree on it. But we still don't know if Sakurai's telling us the truth, not that I believe in Mr. Prince's leaks though. However, its just my curiosity, which I think is wrong.
Which of you tell the true ? Because if he don't say he wasn't playable then that's very strange Of Sakurai ...
If he say so... More evidence against the """"""leak""""""

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Which of you tell the true ? Because if he don't say he wasn't playable then that's very strange Of Sakurai ...
Well...yes, as HyperFalcon said, Sakurai didn't say anything much about him specifically.
And you're right, we need more evidence of this leak, although I still believe its fake.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
To be fair, the ToS leak never said anything about Wonder Red being playable, so the ToS leak is safe either way. And I hear the Smash World leak is in hot water if not dead, so really, discussing Wonder Red seems moot at this point :/

As for the ToS leak, I'm just gonna wait for something conclusive either way before I react. I do like that stage list though, and a lot of these details are difficult to come up with. But we'll wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom